WR Tavon Austin Set to Be Traded or Released

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We could , but wasn't thinking of Amendola in this thread. Austin has talent just needs to be used properly.

Well if one of the best offensive minds in the game today couldn't make use of him what makes you think Daboll could? What makes you think Austin is a good football player? That contract was terrible the day it was written and they have been waiting to get out from under that mistake.

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Well if one of the best offensive minds in the game today couldn't make use of him what makes you think Daboll could? What makes you think Austin is a good football player? That contract was terrible the day it was written and they have been waiting to get out from under that mistake.

I'm not paying him a lot, but I would give it shot, sometimes a fresh start is what is needed, besides it's Dabol who made Brady great should be a snap :D

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, H2o said:

If he gets released and can be had for reasonable money. Not trading any picks or taking on his current salary.

I can't imagine any team taking on his salary. I remember the day I heard about his current deal and was shocked at what the Rams coughed up.

He'll most likely have to be released, to me he's a luxury item. I'd take him on my team but not for any major money.

Got to admit it ... I remember his senior year game against Oklahoma ... was one of the most incredible single game college performances I ever saw .. thought he was going to be good in the NFL ... just a size thing I guess at the end of the day .. but he lit up OK .. check out those stats

Player School Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Tavon Austin West Virginia 21 344 16.4 2 4 82 20.5 0 25 426 17.0 2

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Agreed, but it didn't help much with Cooper fumbling in the playoff loss to Atlanta. 

Yeah, but Cooper was still All-Pro, which was earned. 

The playoff game was God just taking a dump on Cooper.