NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

15 hours ago, Pete said:

questionable? Have you ever taken a Stats class?  A sample size of 11 provides a better chance, then a sample size of 1.  My point is keep the picks, and add more if you can.  It will be better for the BIlls in the long run with probability 

Um.....I think you might need to revisit that stats class.

If you're picking at one given position, given odds of success at each pick, a sample size of 11 provides a better chance than a sample size of 1.  Part of the Bills perennial QB drought has clearly been failure to use enough picks on the position.

If you're trying to fill 11 different positions, the relevant statistics are the number of shots you can take to fill each of those positions and your odds of success on each shot.

Then you sum.  (Maybe you don't need top hits at 11 positions to have a great D - maybe 6 plus adequate other players)

Statistically, that's a very different situation than using 11 chances to pick 1 position.  This is simplistic and ignores things such as different odds of success at different draft positions, but think of it this way:

I need to flip a quarter and have it be heads.  My odds of turning up a head are increased by flipping that quarter 11 times. (that's your QB)

Now I need to flip a Liberty, a JFK, a quarter, a dime, a nickel, and a penny (that's your NT, your ILB, your DE and LB pass rushers, your lockdown corner, your safety) and have each of them turn up heads.  My odds of that are very low, unless I can flip each coin multiple times as well.

13 hours ago, Bakin said:

I’ve lied in job interviews before, too...

Where is DC Tom when you need him? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Watching Rosen’s interview he comes off as not being totally genuine. Definitely think he is a smart kid but I just had hard time buying some of things he said. Maybe reason why some people question his leadership skills and love for the game.

We had a QB who gave a great interview in EJM.

I frankly don't GAF whether someone sounds uncomfortable (Jackson) or comes across as scripted (Rosen) in PR interviews.  We aren't paying them to be great interviews.  I want to know two things: 1) can they play (film, 1:1 interviews, talk to coaches) 2) can they get along with 52 other guys from different backgrounds and help pull them together/inspire them to play harder (1:1 interviews, talk to other players on the team, talk to coaches)

Rosen put stuff out there.  Now it's on the drafting teams to get to work and find out if the stories match up from teammates and coaches.

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Josh Allen is going top 5.

Mark it down 

Which is sad honestly.  Look at him in these drills.  His accuracy is a problem.  He doesn't have that change up speed on passes.  Too much on the passes in the sideline drills and overthrew more than he hit on the WR tracking the football drill.  When you look at his tape it says the SAME thing too.  His accuracy and ball placement are way too low to be even a 2nd round pick.  You are right though, someone will take him but it'll be a shame and I hope that it is not us.

Edited by NewEraBills
mispelled
  • Like (+1) 1