If we keep Tyrod. I'm done.

BuffaloBud420

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Sure, and that's more likely to happen than some people think. Personally my first choice for a veteran QB would be Sam Bradford, followed by Tyrod because he is already familiar with the players and is comfortable playing in Buffalo. I am sure Daboll could actually build an offense that suits him. If the rookie comes in and blows Tyrod out of the water in camp so be it, everyone wins. So if I were the Bills I'd see if I could get at least a 4th for Tyrod, if not I would just keep him as the veteran in an open competition.

I liked this, except for Bradford. I'd rather have Fitz than Bradford, honestly.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I liked this, except for Bradford. I'd rather have Fitz than Bradford, honestly.

To me Bradford is the perfect veteran QB when you have a rookie you're trying to build the future for. You go into the season with Bradford as the presumed starter and you plan on him getting injured at some point. Before that happens you have an accurate experienced veteran who plays from the pocket.

59 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The argument about Tyrod not being able to mentor a young QB because he's not a conventional QB is nonsense.  As others have said, teaching young QBs is the job of coaches, and to paraphrase  Brett Favre, who was at best unhelpful to Aaron Rodgers, "It's not my job."

Tyrod Taylor isn't Kurt Warner.  He's also not Eli Manning.  The reality is that if Nate Peterman had played better, benching Taylor for him would have never been an issue.  If the rookie QB plays decently when given the opportunity, then it's a non-issue.  It only becomes an issue if the rookie QB isn't good enough ... as JP Losman wasn't in 2005. 

It's a distraction plain and simple. See Peyton Manning as a rookie and countless others. Why would an organization want the added drama while grooming a young QB? Every time he has a bad game Tyrod and unfair will be mentioned. 

You would have a hard hard time convincing me that having a starter who can't/doesn't audible is the guy you want your stud rookie QB watching in practice and on film. If Taylor was a better QB he would be worth the potential drama but in my eyes he isn't.

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

And starting him day one simply because he's a first round pick is not doing #3 either.

I don't see Taylor having much baggage or "history".  I think what you're doing is just self-affirming your hatred for a particular player as opposed to thinking logically about the situation. 

Yea that is right I hate Tyrod. 

More lazy analysis. Next. 

47 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Okay, then who would the Bills sign?  It's easy to pretend that the Bills can upgrade the QB position with some cheap unnamed FA QB, but when you start putting names to "veteran FA QB", the picture looks very different.  You don't like Moore or Henne, then what about Teddy Bridgewater?  Mike Glennon?  Josh McKown?  AJ McCarron?  Geno Smith?  Trevor Siemian?     

Ah. I am not saying they upgrade through a FA. Have never said that. The only FA who I would say is a definite improvement is Cousins and I wouldn't pay what he will get. 

My point is, and has always been, the Josh McCown's and Ryan Fitzpatrick's are not massive downgrades. There are loads of guys who can play out there this year and the Bills aim should be to draft their guy and then have a vet placeholder around whom there will be zero fuss when he needs to be replaced... if you even need that if said rookie is not ready week 1. 

People can say "oh there is no drama with Tyrod it would be no distraction" but I simply don't agree. And this isn't on Tyrod. Tyrod is a good pro. But if they are 3-1 or even 2-2 and they bench him he will say he doesn't agree with the decision and there will be media distraction for a week. The Bills didn't cope great with that last year. 

People can say this is about me hating Tyrod or making an emotional decision if they want. But I don't do emotional... hardly at all in life. This is cold, hard, rationale thought. Disagree? Fine. But this is head not heart. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

If we keep Tyrod. I'm done.

Done posting here? Fingers crossed!

8 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

Even if we draft one of the top guys, we should keep TT and start him for another playoff run.  When we are out of contention the new era fully begins.  Unless of course, the rookie beats TT outright, which would be ideal, but is unlikely. 

Just because we lucked our way into the playoffs once doesnt mean we're a perennial playoff team. If anything, I'd bet we finish worse next year.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Cant stand another year of garbage QB play from the Bills...and people getting exciting about signing a 30 year old corner is a joke. EJ Gaines is 10x the player. 

1. EJ Gaines is a tick above average. He can easily be replaced, if need be. Some people seem to think he's a great CB. He's not. He's just OK. I don't think Davis was signed to be a starter, but he can provide solid depth. He is significantly better than Wright or Johnson. To say that EJ is ten times the player is simply not in line with reality. He's probably better than EJ right now, but ten times? That's ridiculous.

2. What if we draft a rookie QB and he's not ready to start for a while? Do you really want to vastly overpay a veteran that's only a very little bit better (or not at all) to a multiyear contract, only to have to eat tens of millions in dead money when the rookie is ready to start? I'm not thrilled about Tyrod either, but I want to find our next HOF QB to take us to the promised land. Signing someone like Cousins and paying him twice what he's worth and then eating dead money for years afterward makes no more sense than the contract Nix gave Fitz. Some people seem to think these QB's that other teams are jettisoning are great QB's. They aren't. They are place holders that will be paid more than they are worth. I hope we don't sign any of them. That's why they are becoming FA's. Don't be fooled by the hype. Just let the rookie sit behind Tyrod for a year, if need be. When Tyrod's contract is up, assuming we can't trade him, he walks and we eat $0 of dead money. We aren't winning the SB this year anyways. It will take at least 2 years and this assumes that Beane drafts well (which has yet to do) and the new OC who has had very limited success in the NFL turns out to be really good.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Truth stings?

He should only be replaced when they actually have an upgrade at hand.  It's not like he's going to be getting top money.  It's simply ignorance or wishful thinking to see it otherwise.

4 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Truth stings?

He should only be replaced when they actually have an upgrade at hand.  It's not like he's going to be getting top money.  It's simply ignorance or wishful thinking to see it otherwise.

Think what you want. I'll be sure to stick your CoT badge in the post. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

You are done the year after the team ended the 17 year drought?  Um.... Okay.  I by no means want Tyrod to be the starter next year, but pa-leese. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

6 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Cant stand another year of garbage QB play from the Bills...and people getting exciting about signing a 30 year old corner is a joke. EJ Gaines is 10x the player. 

Hopefully you have enough buds to smoke away a year.  Remember if you are gone, you are gone from here too.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Dude.

Gunner.

You're trying to have a logical, unbiased discussion about Tyrod with a guy named "t-bomb" who has Tyrod as his avatar.

That's like trying to have a logical, unbiased discussion about "cheating in professional sports" with Brady and belichick.

1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

Even if we draft one of the top guys, we should keep TT and start him for another playoff run.  When we are out of contention the new era fully begins.  Unless of course, the rookie beats TT outright, which would be ideal, but is unlikely. 

Except Bradford isn't perfect if you want your got to sit for a year, since there's a good chance his knee won't make it 4 games.

I mean unless you plan on throwing Peterman out there if that happens while still sitting the rookie??

If that's the case, why not let Nate roll with it from day one and save yourself the $$ 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

....Steelers have "Turrible  Towels"......interested in a TBD franchise to sell "Whiner Towels"?.....start with sales to day care centers where I'd bet these posts come from.....hell, you'd join the millionaire ranks overnight with the likes of Dunkirk Don, Chapstick Chad, and the rest of that gang...SMH...........

6 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Please stay, this team is in desperate need of fans like you. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Same for two reasons: 1) Fitz can operate in an E-P type system.  Bradford's one season in an E-P system was a disaster.  Maybe he's more experienced and could handle it now, but it's just one more unknown 2) Fitz seems tough as old combat boots thus meeting the #1 characteristic for a bridge vet/backup: availability.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

To me Bradford is the perfect veteran QB when you have a rookie you're trying to build the future for. You go into the season with Bradford as the presumed starter and you plan on him getting injured at some point. Before that happens you have an accurate experienced veteran who plays from the pocket.

You might need to think this scheme through a bit more.  "Plan on getting injured" and "before that happens" involves words that don't belong in proximity.

Hint: by their very nature, injuries are unplanned and happen unpredictably, including during preseason and early in the season.  If you've got a fragile guy such that you "plan on him getting injured at some point", you don't have a guy at all, 'cuz you don't know when that point is gonna be.

Could we please "take a lesson" from Kolb and from Bradford in 2014?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan