Trevor Siemian expected to be on trading block

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

What the hell are they expecting to get for a turnover machine 7th round draft pick? Lmao...that eould be like saying I want to trade Fitz...I'm sure you do but who is going to give you anything for him??

Agreed, except for Fitz part, he was definitely a better QB than Trevor...

Although that's like saying you'd rather get punched in the face than in the nuts... You're still getting punched either way, they both suck.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:05 AM, Bangarang said:

Great QB for starting a new playof drought!

Except that absolutely no one, anywhere, is saying that Trevor Siemian would be long (or even medium) term solution at QB. He'd be a backup, maybe a starter for 4 or 5 games if you get one of the top QBs in this draft. On a one-year contract, at a very cheap price for a journeyman QB.

11 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

WHAT?? This would be a phenomenal trade - ESPECIALLY if we draft a first round QB. One - we get rid of Tyrod's salary (16 million ish). Two - we pick up a place holder at a 1.9 million dollar salary. Three  - we GET a 3rd round pick.... even getting rid of Tyrod for a 3rd rounder is a win in my book. Finally, there is  no way Denver would make such a one sided trade that screws them over.

I agree if we're talking about the Broncos sending a draft pick our way in addition to Siemian.  But they may very well go for a Tyrod-for-Siemian straight up. The Broncos are a bit deluded here, thinking they still have a dominant defense and that they're just "decent" or "average" QB play away from being a Super Bowl competitor. Elway isn't showing any hint that he's ready for a rebuild. So they may just pass on drafting Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Allen, thinking that their window of opportunity is right now, and that they simply can't afford Cousins and don't believe strongly enough in the other FA QBs (Bridgewater/Bradford/Keenum etc.). I've even heard otherwise knowledgeable football people here in Colorado say that Tyrod and Paxton Lynch have similar skill sets so that you could build a RPO-based offense around them. These people obviously have not watched Tyrod Taylor actually play, at least not for more than that one Bills-Broncos game.

On 2/22/2018 at 8:59 AM, offyourocker said:

I would trade Tyrod for Sieman and a 3rd

I would trade Tyrod for a case of beer and a 3rd.

4 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

The loss of Wade Phillips is HUGE imo. I think Denver has underestimated what that means going forward.

Probably.

I'd be happy throwing a 5th or 6th round pick to the Broncos for Sieman.  But only if we cut/trade TT BEFORE he gets his 6mil roster bonus.  My reason being we get Sieman as a bridge QB for 1 year for less than $2mil.  I don't see the Bills competing in 2018 anyway, so save as much cap space as you can for 2019 and draft your QB of the future this year. 

(Also we probably get the pick back as a compensatory pick when Sieman signs a 2-3 yr backup QB deal elsewhere next year)

Edited by Adam727

On February 22, 2018 at 8:56 AM, bobobonators said:

Siemian is hot garbage. TT was the QB that made the playoffs with a roster with less talent than Siemian. What would Siemian do here? Nada. 

Funny choice of words there.

I would put forth we made the playoffs despite Taylor's play, not because of it.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Funny choice of words there.

I would put forth we made the playoffs despite Taylor's play, not because of it.

Yea, having a QB throw for multiple sub-50yd games is inexcusable. 

The folks still defending TT are batshit insane. 

On 2/22/2018 at 8:30 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916951/article/trevor-siemian-expected-to-be-on-trading-block

Next week's NFL Scouting Combine promises to deliver a whirlwind of chatter, gossip and juicy rumors.

The machine is already churning in Denver, where the future of quarterback Trevor Siemian is entirely up in the air.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that Siemian is expected to be available through a trade as the Broncos plan to aggressively overhaul their quarterback room, per a source informed of the situation.

Rapoport was told that next season's roster could include 2016 first-rounder Paxton Lynch and two new signal-callers.

Denver is expected to make a powerful push for free-agent mega-prize Kirk Cousins. If the former Redskins quarterback can't be lured west, additional open-market possibilities include Case Keenum, AJ McCarron, Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford. (So basically every available QB no in Denver already) 

The best thing for us is for both the jets and Broncos to get free agent QBs as this will give us a much better chance to move up.

(Do we bring Chad in for the practice squad?)

21 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I get why people wouldn't want him.

But there's a very legit argument either way. He's had three years in the league. The light could still turn on. Not saying it will, but it's still well within the time when that happens with young QB with fair regularity.

Good God man... we don't want him because he's got no exceptional aspect to his game, whatsoever.

Yeah, like Tyrod he was a late round draft pick. But Tyrod has exceptional athleticism... which is the whole reason there's ever been the prospect of him being a Franchise QB.

What exceptional quality or characteristic does Siemian possess?

If we bring him in, we've traded Taylor to the Broncos for Siemian in a massive package to move up to #5 to draft our starting QB.

Siemian, at best, would be a momentary placeholder.