Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eric Galko has a new podcast today. I linked it with this thread in case anyone missed what he said last month. Great listen. Highlights from today:

- Giants not trading out of 2. Gettleman keeps things very close to the vest but will take Barkley. The Bills gave tried to trade for the pick many, many, many times since mid January. No trade.

- could work out better for Bills - maybe will trade for pick 4

- Broncos will not take a QB at 5 no matter who is there. Elway likes Keenum and wants to win. He also isn’t ready to give up on Paxton Lynch who he just took in the 1st 2 years ago. He has a small SB window with the defense and wants to build op the OL in this draft. Quenton Nelson. 

- Cardinals - no QB in first 2 rounds. They believe Bradford can be their franchise QB and doubled down at the position in FA by signing Mike Glennon. They have 28mill invested in the position and aren’t going to add to it with a 1st rd QB. May take one later.

- Ravens - leaning toward Kyle Lauletta. Fits what they want to do and where they want to take a QB (thinks they will take him late 2nd, could trade down)

-Miami - will take a Qb and likes Mayfield but he won’t be there. Going 3 to Jets. Pegging Mike White in the 3rd, perfect for Gase. Indicated Bills also like Mike White.

- jets - Mayfield is the pick at 3. Rosen could still be in play, but Mayfield is their guy. Jets knew who they would get when traded up to 3.

-Bills - fighting to move up. Will trade with Browns for 4. They will have the pick of Rosen and whoever the Browns don’t take (Darnold or Allen). Everyone believes the Browns are taking Darnold, and not to believe the crap getting fed to Schefter et al about Allen going 1.

- Colts will trade down and take RoJo at bottom of 1st

- not every team in top 10 needs a QB or wants to trade down so QBs will fall

- do not dismiss what people are saying about Rosen. There are teams that will not take him because of his “personality”

- Josh Jackson is a top 20 pick, will be 2nd CB off the board and could go before Minkah.

- Mike Hughes will not be a 1st rd pick or even early 2nd 

- TE Hayden Hurst to Jags

- guice, Kirk, Taven Bryan likely to go early 2nd rd

Thanks for the breakdown. Good stuff. Definitely want us to take Rosen. Really want us to get to two so that is not encouraging to hear. Makes sense that we have made multiple attempts though. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eric Galko has a new podcast today. I linked it with this thread in case anyone missed what he said last month. Great listen. Highlights from today:

- Giants not trading out of 2. Gettleman keeps things very close to the vest but will take Barkley. The Bills gave tried to trade for the pick many, many, many times since mid January. No trade.

- Broncos will not take a QB at 5 no matter who is there. Elway likes Keenum and wants to win. He also isn’t ready to give up on Paxton Lynch who he just took in the 1st 2 years ago. He has a small SB window with the defense and wants to build op the OL in this draft. Quenton Nelson. 

- Cardinals - no QB in first 2 rounds. They believe Bradford can be their franchise QB and doubled down at the position in FA by signing Mike Glennon. They have 28mill invested in the position and aren’t going to add to it with a 1st rd QB. May take one later.

- Ravens - leaning toward Kyle Lauletta. Fits what they want to do and where they want to take a QB (thinks they will take him late 2nd, could trade down)

-Miami - will take a Qb and likes Mayfield but he won’t be there. Going 3 to Jets. Pegging Mike White in the 3rd, perfect for Gase. Indicated Bills also like Mike White.

- jets - Mayfield is the pick at 3. Rosen could still be in play, but Mayfield is their guy. Jets knew who they would get when traded up to 3.

-Bills - fighting to move up. Will trade with Browns for 4. They will have the pick of Rosen and whoever the Browns don’t take (Darnold or Allen). Everyone believes the Browns are taking Darnold, and not to believe the crap getting fed to Schefter et al about Allen going 1.

- do not dismiss what people are saying about Rosen. There are teams that will not take him because of his “personality”

- Josh Jackson is a top 20 pick, will be 2nd CB off the board and could go before Minkah.

I can see this being the way it goes. But,I just don't see Gentleman going RB @2.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If this is all true, Bills could stick at 12 and take Rosen or Allen.

The thing I don't understand, is the Bills are fighting to move to #4....but after Broncos, no one besides Miami will want a QB before the Bills pick at 12. So, if the info is believed to be true (not saying is or isn't), then Rosen, Jackson, and probably Allen are there are 12. Why trade up? 

I continue to think the Bills want to stay at 12, the information provided only validates that IMO....now, who knows what Galko is saying to be true or accurate, but it "sounds" reasonable. And again, the Bills made all of the moves to acquire picks, except to move up to 12 BEFORE the season even started. So, while I can see the 12th pick for the Bills being valuable, as Beane said they had a guy in mind that won't last until the 12th pick, I don't necessarily think it's to trade up. I think they got the picks to rebuild the roster in a hurry. JMO

There are so many deflections and diversions being made from all over the place. But the one constant that is repeated is that the Bills are making overtures to all the early drafting teams. The Rosen infatuation seems genuine. The next issue is how many other teams above us are interested in him. The Jets seem to be seriously considering him. If that is accurate then Beane would be extending a lot of effort to get a deal done with the Giants. As it stands if Rosen is the apple of McBeane's eye then the Giants are in a good position to gain a grand booty from us. In my view it would be a costly deal and a worthwhile deal for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I've thought Darnold was the Giants smokescreen for a while now.  Them wanting Barkley makes a lot of sense.  Their backs are terrible, if they are committed to Eli he's going to be Eli's best chance at success and I think the Giants want to play the Browns hand into taking their QB #1, instead of taking Barkley 1 and letting the QB fall.

If Barkley goes 2, I really see a trade with us and the Browns for #4.  That puts the Browns in position to get one of Ward / Fitzpatrick / James and a move to get McGlinchy (if that's their LT of choice).

If it plays out like Galko says, the price to move up for one of the QBs could be VERY manageable, with the Browns & Colts fighting to get us to deal with them.  Maybe it's overly optimistic, but I think it's certainly feasible we walk out with a top 4 QB and only giving up 12 / 22 / 53.

I know everyone mentions Nelson with Denver, but if Chubb is there I have a hard time believing they pass on putting him across from Miller.

Taking a RB at 2 and passing up multiple picks?  That has the makings of one of the dumbest draft-day decisions in recent memory.

And I continue to say - Barkley will be a bust in any event.  Guice, Michel and Penny are going to be more productive.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

Dan Marino dropped in the draft due to rumors of cocaine use.

that's surprising too you think itd up his draft status. All the late nights with no sleep studying the playbook and watching film!

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Taking a RB at 2 and passing up multiple picks?  That has the makings of one of the dumbest draft-day decisions in recent memory.

And I continue to say - Barkley will be a bust in any event.  Guice and Penny are going to be more productive.

Completely agree but there could be pressure to compete with jets to sell tickets and it’s all about a short term window with Eli. He keeps saying the #2 pick should be HOF caliber.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Completely agree but there could be pressure to compete with jets to sell tickets and it’s all about a short term window with Eli. He keeps saying the #2 pick should be HOF caliber.

Gettleman also took McCaffery slightly higher than most expected last year.  If he views Barkley's receiving ability to put him on a Marshall Faulk type level, that may be worth not taking the draft picks.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Gettleman also took McCaffery slightly higher than most expected last year.  If he views Barkley's receiving ability to put him on a Marshall Faulk type level, that may be worth not taking the draft picks.

Yeah he has no qualms about value when it comes to an RB, especially one like Barkley/McCaffrey who excel in the passing game and high character 

I cannot see a scenerio where NYG stays at 2 for anything other than qb.  Is Barkley better 3 other first rd picks for a team with a lot of holes?  12 and 22 they can get oline and which ever rb they rate 2.  I think Darnold is who Buffalo rates 1.  Hes there at 2 Buffalo and NYG trade.  I dont see Buffalo risking the Qb they covet going to the Jets.

It makes sense for everyone except maybe the Jets and Bills to be talking up these QB’s. Giants, Browns at 4, Denver, and Colts all want to see Barkley, Chubb, and Nelson fall to them.  Once those 3 are gone, the price tag to move up falls significantly.  And 2 of Rosen, Mayfield, and Allen could still be available.  

The Giants time on the clock in round one is going to feel like 47 years.

I just find it hard to believe they are concrete in staying at 2 for Barkley. There will be stud RBs on the board at 12 if that's the direction they really want to go. Fleece us for picks so we can get Rosen and you can still get a great RB.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah he has no qualms about value when it comes to an RB, especially one like Barkley/McCaffrey who excel in the passing game and high character 

One thing for sure, the Giants taking Barkley #2 is best case scenario for us, by far.

I'm waiting for Beane to trade just 12 / 22, walk away with Rosen and essentially trade Mahomes and Cordy for Rosen and Tre White.  That would make this whole saga worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

One thing for sure, the Giants taking Barkley #2 is best case scenario for us, by far.

I'm waiting for Beane to trade just 12 / 22, walk away with Rosen and essentially trade Mahomes and Cordy for Rosen and Tre White.  That would make this whole saga worth it.

If all of this information is accurate, the Bills could trade with Tampa to #7 and take Rosen and only need to give up the 3rd Round pick they received from Browns for Tyrod. That would make your above scenario: 12 & 65 for Rosen / Rashaan Evans or Vander Esch / Tre White for Mahomes, Cordy, and TBD 3rd Rounder

Just now, kdiggz said:

OMG IF WE GET ROSEN I WILL POO IN MY PANTIES :wub:

I mean, to each his own, but I'm thinking that's the wrong end of the plumbing system given your emoji....:D