Do you folks think that the Bills will trade up or trade back in the 2018 draft?

njbuff

Do you think they will try and trade up for a franchise QB or do you think they will trade back several times and come away with a load of draft picks.

I think either or is going to happen. Don't see them staying put and just making selections.

What do you think?

I am convinced they will trade up if the opportunity is there. Some if you think Beane is just a pick collector. I don't. I think he has collected these picks for one purpose and one purpose only - to end the QB dilemma that has hamstrung this team for over 20 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Its hard for me to imagine that one of the top QBs won't drop out of the top 5. Someone always does. Whomever it is this year, the Bills will have a grade on. If he's there and they can get a partner, I believe they'll trade up.

Unfortunately, even though I believe they should, I will guess they won't trade up into the top 5.

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am convinced they will trade up if the opportunity is there. Some if you think Beane is just a pick collector. I don't. I think he has collected these picks for one purpose and one purpose only - to end the QB dilemma that has hamstrung this team for over 20 years. 

I am getting that same feeling. I think they might go all in to get the QB they want this year. Was hoping the KC pick was in the 12 to 18 range.

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed. They are going to do their damnedest to move up for a QB if they don't somehow get Cousins. All of the signs are there.

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think they may trade up this year. Just hope it doesn't cost the farm.

The farm is worth it if the result is a franchise qb for the next dozen years.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Agreed. They are going to do their damnedest to move up for a QB if they don't somehow get Cousins. All of the signs are there.

The farm is worth it if the result is a franchise qb for the next dozen years.

Very true. Hope it turns out that way.

• Like (+1) 1

A QB that is growing on me after watching some game replays is Luke Falk. If we don't trade up for a QB I would be happy with Falk. Football is this guys life and passion, he is a very accurate passer and has very good vision. He has put on some solid muscle mass for the combine and I see him getting better every year he plays. Not a very vocal guy, lets his play on the field and time spent in the film room do his talking.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

A QB that is growing on me after watching some game replays is Luke Falk. If we don't trade up for a QB I would be happy with Falk. Football is this guys life and passion, he is a very accurate passer and has very good vision. He has put on some solid muscle mass for the combine and I see him getting better every year he plays. Not a very vocal guy, lets his play on the field and time spent in the film room do his talking.

...his name always seemed to be in the mix and then he abruptly disappeared from the radar......what happened in your assessment?..............

Honestly, I will be disappointed if they don’t at least attempt to trade up for a QB with all the extra picks they acquired. Right now, the extra picks are “house money” to me. You can trade 2 #1’s and a #2 and still have a nice all-around draft with your QB in the 1st round and 2 day-2 picks in the 2nd and 3rd. Add Glenn if you need more draft capital, and even throw in one of next year’s high picks if you must.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Except Beane didn't collect the picks.  In any case, we'll see how it goes.

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Do you think they will try and trade up for a franchise QB or do you think they will trade back several times and come away with a load of draft picks.

I think either or is going to happen. Don't see them staying put and just making selections.

What do you think?

Up in Round 1 but wouldn't be shocked if we trade down in Round 3.