Tyrod wants to “Continue to be accurate..”

stevestojan

Apologies if this has already been posted. Start at the 5:58 mark or so for the question and answer. Mods, I don’t follow the board as much as I used to, so if this is already a huge topic here I’d appreciate a slap on the wrist. 

TL:DR, Tyrod Taylor is very accurate according to Tyrod Taylor. 

Well he is the all time leading Bills passer for completion percentage, so that says something about accuracy (and about previous Bills QBs).  Now throws not attempted is another theoretical stat altogether.  

Generally, I wish everyone would stop being so polorized regarding Taylor.  He is a slightly above average starter, and has had a good cap number the past couple years. He isn’t a top 10 QB in the league.  It’s pretty straight forward.  People treat it like the Devine mystery or something where you have crusaders and atheists both willing to die for their beliefs.

• Like (+1) 18

2 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

Well he is the all time leading Bills passer for completion percentage, so that says something about accuracy (and about previous Bills QBs).  Now throws not attempted is another theoretical stat altogether.  

Generally, I wish everyone would stop being so polorized regarding Taylor.  He is a slightly above average starter, and has had a good cap number the past couple years. He isn’t a top 10 QB in the league.  It’s pretty straight forward.  People treat it like the Devine mystery or something where you have crusaders and atheists both willing to die for their beliefs.

The reason why he's polarizing is because games like Jacksonville.  It was an unbelievably frustrating game that was likely lost because of poor QB play.  Tyrod has never been very effective against good defenses that keep him in the pocket.  He has a pretty stellar track record of not being able to beat a good defense.  He also has a stellar track record of not being able to bring his team back from behind.

I like Tyrod, but I don't think unreasonable to think that Bills can't find a QB that can be more productive.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

I dunnno, I think it is easy to understand.

Tyrod is hot and cold. Some games he plays very well, some  games he is terrible.  That leads to controversy.

Tyrod is also a statistical wonder. But his stats happen to mislead because of the way they are tabulated. Taking sacks for example doesn't hurt your passer rating. Completing passes when your team is hopelessly behind ("garbage time") doesn't hurt your passer rating.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Tyrod loves some Tyrod 

17 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Why not talk about where he wants to improve on his weaknesses?  

WTF do you guys want?  You don't like Tyrod - you want him gone -ideally that means someone will trade for him - so you want him to go on record publically talking up his weaknesses and sounding like he thinks he sucks?

Think of it as a little job interview for him, you know, they ask you "what are your weaknesses?" and you say something you phrase as a weakness that's really considered a strength

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Tyrod is hot and cold. Some games he plays very well, some  games he is terrible.  That leads to controversy.

Tyrod is also a statistical wonder. But his stats happen to mislead because of the way they are tabulated. Taking sacks for example doesn't hurt your passer rating. Completing passes when your team is hopelessly behind ("garbage time") doesn't hurt your passer rating.

I agree that Tyrod plays very well sometimes, and very badly other times.   This whole year was also a notch or two towards the worse.

That said, there's a better word for "garbage time":  it's called "an unsuccessful comeback".    See: 3 January 1993. 

If there were a certain number of points per remaining time a team could be behind and never be able to come back, the game should just forfeit at that juncture.  But there isn't.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Then use QBR...

18 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

What makes you believe he’s slightly above average? I have him in 18-24 best range...slightly to well below average.

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod was also telling everyone to vote him to the Pro Bowl this season.  In a season he was benched for a 5th round rookie no less.  He has a much higher opinion of himself than anyone else that watches him play.  It's part of the reason he will never get better or try throws that real QBs make.......he already believes he is a top 5 QB in the league.  The guy has no sense of reality.

• Like (+1) 6

When most of your throws are 3 yard check downs to the HB, it's easy to be accurate.

Can't wait for this guy to be gone so we don't have to read any more Tyrod threads again.

He's like Rasputin.  You can't get rid of him.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

The reason why he's polarizing is because games like Jacksonville.  It was an unbelievably frustrating game that was likely lost because of poor QB play.  Tyrod has never been very effective against good defenses that keep him in the pocket.  He has a pretty stellar track record of not being able to beat a good defense.  He also has a stellar track record of not being able to bring his team back from behind.

I like Tyrod, but I don't think unreasonable to think that Bills can't find a QB that can be more productive.

He also has a good track record of beating the teams we should beat. There are very few games against a bad team where we lose with him, which I think might be why so many people like him...

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

When most of your throws are 3 yard check downs to the HB, it's easy to be accurate.

Can't wait for this guy to be gone so we don't have to read any more Tyrod threads again.

He's like Rasputin.  You can't get rid of him.

EJ begs to differ.   ^_^

• Haha (+1) 1

He is not very accurate. His completion percentage is artificially high.

I wouldn't say he is super inaccurate, but not accurate either. He seemed to throw over the heads of all intermediate or deep routes, but hit short and check downs alright.

He's just so afraid to throw the ball into coverage, even when there are clear windows.

46 minutes ago, MJS said:

He is not very accurate. His completion percentage is artificially high.

I wouldn't say he is super inaccurate, but not accurate either. He seemed to throw over the heads of all intermediate or deep routes, but hit short and check downs alright.

He's just so afraid to throw the ball into coverage, even when there are clear windows.

Taylor’s % was good for 16th in the league this year...and tbh I’ve never found him a particularly accurate passer.