Official: Josh McDaniels New Colts Head Coach; Update: Withdraws Commitment, Stays With Pats*

BigBuff423

24 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

Interesting.

Gotta think Daboll would have been in line to replace McDaniels.

Did he actually choose us over New England?

Maybe the hometown connection? 

Maybe he didn't have firm intel on McDaniels departure and his possible opportunity in NE?

Maybe he didn't want to be the OC who oversaw Brady's declining years?

Edited by hondo in seattle

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I don't think they will be a dark horse at all. Since Manning, then drafting Luck, they have been in the conversation for about 2 decades as being contenders. Add to that, that the media has a short memory in regards to McDaniels because of his association and success with Brady and Bellichick. 

I fully expect Indy to be media favorites as contenders next year as long as they have a healthy luck. Jacksonville this year was a surprise/dark horse. Same with the Rams. Indy will be shoved down our throats as soon as Lucks health and the draft shakes out. 

They are 40/1 odds to win the SB as of right now.

Tied with Denver and LAC.

AFC teams ahead of them are NE, PITTS, HOU, JAX, KC, OAK.

So they are projected to be the 7th-9th best team in the AFC pretty much.

I would consider that a dark horse personally. And I'm assuming the odds makers are predicting a healthy Luck because if they weren't, the odds would be closer to 100-1

Edited by billsfan11

7 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia are now with different teams and Belichick and Brady are about to become the last remaining elements of the team's dynasty (well, the Refs too).

You are leaving out most important part - Pats* chief spy Ernie Adams. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Ok, so McDaniels waited and waited for the "perfect opportunity" and he gets-

-A team with a franchise QB with several health questions.

-An offensive line that can't protect said QB.

-Frank Gore as the lead RB at 107 years old. Mack should see action but is unproven.

-A defense that can't stop a Pop Warner team

-An owner that is one of the biggest dbags in all of sports.

Good call Josh. This absolutely won't blow up in your face. At all.

I guess the Eagles job wasn't available.

I only know of 1 health question for Luck, what else?

After burning Colts, Josh McDaniels can wave bye-bye to any head coaching job outside New England

Now McDaniels’ forever stamps his résumé with a batch of scarlet A’s: Arrogant, Abysmal, Abortive – and at least one other A-word that is too explicit for this space.

That’s how this moment will go down in history: As a universal embarrassment for all involved, from McDaniels to the Colts to the NFL

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-mcdaniels-petulant-move-jilting-colts-provides-cautionary-tale-31-nfl-teams-060451467.html

Since the Patriots’ loss in Sunday’s Super Bowl, according to a report by ESPN's Adam Schefter, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began wooing McDaniels to stay in New England, “sweetening his contract.

after arranging to fly Wednesday morning from Boston to Indianapolis on Jim Irsay’s jet to be introduced at an afternoon news conference, Josh McDaniels backed out.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/02/06/report-josh-mcdaniels-backs-out-deal-coach-colts/313588002/

Edited by ALF