Gronk contemplating retirement - to pursue acting career per report

Reed83HOF

4 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Man I don't know if Gronk pursues acting. Working up too a role like Mongo

Would take a lot of classwork and actor coaching. I think his future is as a 

bartender in Williamsville Village. 

His only hope for bar work is being a bouncer as tending bar requires AT LEAST a modicum of intelligence to work with.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He might, repeat might, be able to do a remake of Shakes the Clown, although the original, with Bobcat Goldthwaite, was "The Citizen Kane of Alcoholic Clown movies."

The VHS case for Babe actually touts it as "the Citizen Kane of talking pig films"

12 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

The VHS case for Babe actually touts it as "the Citizen Kane of talking pig films"

"The Citizen Kane of Alcoholic Clown Movies" was a line from the original Boston Globe review of the movie, by a critic Betsy Sherman. It's my all-time favorite review. Babe was a few years after that, so they probably stole it. Ha. Although if you're gonna steal, you may as well steal from the best.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I actually don't t think Gronk is dumb at all.

He does dumb **** all the time. ;)

I don't think he is overly dumb. And I used to like him, as a harmless goofball who was a little doofy and goofy.

Now I hate him because of the cheap shot.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

"The Citizen Kane of Alcoholic Clown Movies" was a line from the original Boston Globe review of the movie, by a critic Betsy Sherman. It's my all-time favorite review. Babe was a few years after that, so they probably stole it. Ha. Although if you're gonna steal, you may as well steal from the best.

He does dumb **** all the time. ;)

I don't think he is overly dumb. And I used to like him, as a harmless goofball who was a little doofy and goofy.

Now I hate him because of the cheap shot.

What dumb stuff does he do off of the football field? The fact that he has saved all of his NFL money is unique in a league where lots of players are broke shortly after leaving the league.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

the injuries i've heard those wwf guys are pretty bad. not sure why he'd go into that.  If they lose him man that is a huge hit.  He is impossible to replace. 

Bill Goldberg retired from football because of injury and then went on to wrestle for many years. Not saying that pro-wrestlers don't take a lot of bad bumps and injuries but the controlled nature of the endeavor makes it a different animal than the NFL. I think if the WWE shelled out some big money to Gronk to actually do the training and be a semi-full time performer (similar to what Ronda Rousey is doing) that Gronk could actually be very good at it and parlay that into a bigger entertainment career overall.