Chris Collinsworth

Process

It was brutal. Ertz caught the ball at the 6 yd line. Took the 3 steps and then dove a yard deep in the end zone.  CC is saying they have to overturn it.  Then after Brady’s fumble. He says NE will score get the 2 and win in OT like it was automatic 

For anyone saying he was horrible tonight obviously hasn’t watched a Pats game that he’s covered. Collinsworst (love that) has been, as SNYfans wife so eloquently put it - sucking Brady for years. He’ll even praise Brady when it’s not a Pats game. 

Its good to see I’m not the only one that caught all of his dumbass comments.... especially that OT win bs he pulled out.

he is a disgrace to the NFL, should be tossed out and relegated to a gig on Boston AM radio.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

It was brutal. Ertz caught the ball at the 6 yd line. Took the 3 steps and then dove a yard deep in the end zone.  CC is saying they have to overturn it.  Then after Brady’s fumble. He says NE will score get the 2 and win in OT like it was automatic 

I don't know why everyone didn't make a big thing out of that fact. I kept screaming that he caught the ball at the five yard line. How could it not be a catch? Then I saw the last replay and he actually caught it like you said, at the six.

He's been around announcing for far too long... his days go back to the old AFC/NBC days.  Once you are out of football that long, and get complacent with your announcing abilities, you become insufferable.

Gruden was similar - people loved him until they grew tired of him and Gruden stopped preparing as thoroughly for each game.  It'll likely happen to Romo as well at some point.

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

He's been around announcing for far too long... his days go back to the old AFC/NBC days.  Once you are out of football that long, and get complacent with your announcing abilities, you become insufferable.

Gruden was similar - people loved him until they grew tired of him and Gruden stopped preparing as thoroughly for each game.  It'll likely happen to Romo as well at some point.

I liked Gruden til the bitter end. In large part be because he griped about the calls and stupid rules like I do.

It definitely happened with Madden.

For those criticizing Colinsworth, I found his thinking rational as the catch rule has gotten worse since they moved to that guy in New York instead of the officials for the final call.  Like the Benjamin TD being called back, it seemed the ruling on the field didn't matter anymore so it was perfectly logical to thin that same guy would overturn those two disputed TD's.  He even said "I don't know anymore" which is how I think we all feel at this point. 

Collinsworth has never bothered me.  He has pointed out things in the past that I didn't pick up which is more than most.  He's also not afraid to call out a good player who is playing a bad game.

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I liked Gruden til the bitter end. In large part be because he griped about the calls and stupid rules like I do.

It definitely happened with Madden.

He drove me crazy with falling in love with nearly every player.

The reason I dislike Collinsworth is that he drags out the same one-liners again and again rather than analyzing the play and describing exactly what went right/wrong.

Telling me that Tom Brady is a great player 20 different ways doesn't add to the game.  Tell me why play X was called against Y defense - what did they see in the game film?  Call out the coach on challenges and time management.

I feel like the color commentator's role has evolved to the point where it just hypes the league's personalities.  What do people like Collinsworth, Solomon Wilcots, Dan Fouts, and Trent Green really add to the game?  All they do is tell us "that was a great play", "Fitz went to Harvard", etc.  This is why Romo was greeted with such praise - he actually studied the tape and used his professional experience to break down the game.  He's the only one doing his job at this point.

12 minutes ago, benderbender said:

What bothered me in particular was him saying the Patriots had taken the lead when they scored a touchdown to tie. In a game when an PAT and FG have been missed, it was counting his eggs too early at best and lazy commentating at the least.

Al Michaels said that.