The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/queen-elizabeth-christmas-message-sparks-backlash-on-twitter-for-featuring-gold-piano

Her Majesty is a saint and I would GLADLY beat all their faces into a jelly with a bat given the chance. 

Ingrateful savages. God. ***** liberals. I HATES em. 

She stands for everything this country was founded to avoid. She's not a saint. By any measure of the word. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She stands for everything this country was founded to avoid. She's not a saint. By any measure of the word. 

Yes, she is.  But one of those lesser saints, like St. Victor of Vita, who just sat around and didn't do much of anything but had a really good PR department...

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ok, but she stands for everything Her Majesty’s country stands for. 

And I love her. 

I will weep when I hear of her passing. 

To me she represents the last of a bygone era. An era when men were gentlemen, and women were ladies. And I love her. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Ok, but she stands for everything Her Majesty’s country stands for. 

And I love her. 

I will weep when I hear of her passing. 

To me she represents the last of a bygone era. An era when men were gentlemen, and women were ladies. And I love her. 

Rule #34

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Yes, she is.  But one of those lesser saints, like St. Victor of Vita, who just sat around and didn't do much of anything but had a really good PR department...

Ahhhh...the patron saint of causes that most likely should work out. Victor left the heavy lifting to Jude.

2 hours ago, Swill Merchant said:

I keep a sign on my door that says "***** Mongols: You Are Not Welcome!" Because my virtue-signal game is strong.

What the ***** do you have against Mongols, you racist bastard? You wipe out one or two (hundred) settlements, forcing the rest to bend to your will under pain of extermination, and you're suddenly labeled butchers and conquerors. That's not very woke.

Labels are wrong.

11 hours ago, Swill Merchant said:

I keep a sign on my door that says "***** Mongols: You Are Not Welcome!" Because my virtue-signal game is strong.

All of them?  Because the Jurchens, I can understand...but what did the Naimans ever do to you?

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

Considering the few times that I have participated in a political poll, I was not truthful.  Why would I think other participants were truthful?

I just get in to arguments with them.  "I can't answer that question.  It's bull####.  The way you phrase it is predicated on the following a priori assumptions...what you should be asking is..."

Considering the few times that I have participated in a political poll, I was not truthful.  Why would I think other participants were truthful?

It doesn't matter.

Polls are not used to ascertain public sentiment.

They are used to drive public sentiment and to manufacture narrative.

• Like (+1) 6

https://freebeacon.com/politics/nancy-pelosi-is-spending-shutdown-at-hawaii-resort/

Democratic House leader Nancy Pelosi is spending the government shutdown at a luxury resort in Hawaii, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

Pelosi, who has put blame squarely on President Donald Trump for the current government shutdown, was spotted Thursday vacationing in Hawaii at the Fairmont Orchid resort, where room accommodations range from $899-a-night for a standard room to $4,899-a-night for the presidential suite.

The resort, on Hawaii's Big Island, features a golf course, six restaurants, and a 10,000-square-foot oceanfront pool. It also features a "Spa Without Walls," where the 110-minute Ali'i Royal Experience is available for $369 and a 50-minute couples massage runs $549, according to the spa menu. While at the spa, guests can snack on a gluten-free grilled prawn summer roll for $19.

Trump canceled his Christmas trip to Florida and remained in the White House, saying on Christmas Eve that he was "waiting for the Democrats to come back and make a deal." The president left the White House on Christmas to travel to Iraq and meet with American troops stationed overseas.

Trump has been holding work meetings since Congress went into recess, including one with Department of Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen on how to fund the administration's border security plan.

Pelosi, meanwhile, has been speaking to the press. She gave an exclusive interview to USA Today just before Christmas calling Trump a "fear monger."

16 minutes ago, ALF said:

Why shouldn't  Pelosi be on vacation if the House is not in session.

Why shouldn't Trump go on vacation with the House not in session? Why does he have to hear "people are dying in the streets due to the shut down"?

Optics. If it is bad optics for him to vacation (or even to his house at mar a lago) during a shut down, it is bad optics for the rest of 'em to vacation at exclusive spas, behind walls, at exclusive all-inclusives.

if it is bad for one leader, it is bad for all "leaders". 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Why shouldn't  Pelosi be on vacation if the House is not in session.

In all fairness, virtually nobody cares about Pelosi's vacation. Virtually nobody cares about the shutdown. The holidays are my most social time of my year, and not one person at any gathering of any measure once mentioned Trump, migrants, shutdown, caravans, Pelosi, Shumer...none of it.

Because no one cares except the people in DC and the media.

And no one WILL care until such a time as the left has a message that is not exclusively 'Orange Man Bad." That is all they have, and people have tuned all of it out.

Until they have a message, one thing remains true: No. One. Cares.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

Trump is the only one who can offer a compromise to get 60 votes in the Senate and a (majority in the House?)

Until he gets Schumer on the phone with a deal , optics don't matter  imo

How do you want Trump make a 'deal' with someone who has explicitly stated that he isn't going to negotiate?

Schumer wants to act like a petulant child, he's going to ultimately take the blame - yet again - for the shutdown because he's acting like a petulant child. The slimy dumbass worm didn't learn the lesson last time. People already are starting to not care that Trump said to blame it on him.

5 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

In all fairness, virtually nobody cares about Pelosi's vacation. Virtually nobody cares about the shutdown. The holidays are my most social time of my year, and not one person at any gathering of any measure once mentioned Trump, migrants, shutdown, caravans, Pelosi, Shumer...none of it.

Because no one cares except the people in DC and the media.

And no one WILL care until such a time as the left has a message that is not exclusively 'Orange Man Bad." That is all they have, and people have tuned all of it out.

Until they have a message, one thing remains true: No. One. Cares.

It will be interesting to see what happens when people find out over the next few weeks that this shutdown isn't impacting their lives... at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when people find out over the next few weeks that this shutdown isn't impacting their lives... at all.

People aren't near as stupid as the left believes they are. They remember the big takeaway the last time there was a shutdown; Obama yelled "Get off my lawn" to a bunch of vets at a national monument. That's it.

No one cares. Not even a little.

• Like (+1) 1

of course optics matter

red dots, holographics, scopes, iron sights, and lasers all have their functions

Im a huge fan of eotechs, personally. Highly recommend. 

Further, I mock any person who puts a scope on an AR. 

6 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I understand what you're saying for an AR-15.  But a scope makes an AR-10 highly effective at very long range

No, no, no. That weapon is for 300 and in. You cannot quickly move from one target to another adequately with a scope on there and it’s a hinderance and a curse. 

ACOG is acceptable, but you must supplement it with an attachable reflex sight.