The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If the pilot ejected, they're probably dead.  The F-35 has a nice "feature" where the "smart" helmet is so heavy and unbalanced that ejecting comes with a high risk of having your neck snapped.  At one point, the Air Force advised some smaller pilots that it was safer to ride the plane in.

The JSF is such a !@#$ing turkey.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

If the pilot ejected, they're probably dead.  The F-35 has a nice "feature" where the "smart" helmet is so heavy and unbalanced that ejecting comes with a high risk of having your neck snapped.  At one point, the Air Force advised some smaller pilots that it was safer to ride the plane in.

The JSF is such a !@#$ing turkey.

I have to agree... As an old timer who worked on the original AV8A Harrier jump jet, I've felt this thing was a hole in the sky we kept throwing good money in... Some of my old buds I served with will disagree with me on this, but their only sold more on the bells and whistles than any practical purpose... 

waste of good resources... nothing wrong with the current AV8B

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Thumbnail

I really don't think there are that many

Just now, Boyst62 said:

That ain't the stars and bars I know.

Correct. And people were weirded out by it during the game yesterday. It's a weird blend of Cuban, French, and Texan. Certainly not the US flag. 

Was the thinking that people wouldn't kneel if it's not an American flag? 

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. And people were weirded out by it during the game yesterday. It's a weird blend of Cuban, French, and Texan. Certainly not the US flag. 

Was the thinking that people wouldn't kneel if it's not an American flag? 

With it being Oktoberfest, too ??‍♂️