The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

Well, well.... you don't say?

Dems deploying DARPA-funded AI-driven information warfare tool to target pro-Trump accounts

The Washington Post first reported that the initiative, called Defeat Disinfo, will utilize "artificial intelligence and network analysis to map discussion of the president’s claims on social media," and then attempt to "intervene" by "identifying the most popular counter-narratives and boosting them through a network of more than 3.4 million influencers across the country — in some cases paying users with large followings to take sides against the president."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A Writer's Tale...............

The Masks Fell That Day

Jon Gabriel, Ed.
By Jon Gabriel, Ed.

Just got back from the grocery store. I did not wear a mask. “Foolhardy!” you say? The brave always face such calumny.

As I strode into the Safeway, a wealthy couple was exiting. The wife glared contempt at her mask-wearing husband. 

Then stared intently at me as she made a “call me” sign with her free hand.

I shrugged this off like usual

“Wha … what are you doing, Mr. Gabriel?” the lanky courtesy clerk exclaimed. “Shall I fetch you a mask?”

“Not this time, Hunter,” I grinned. “I’m done with masks. Hand me a sanitized cart, lad.”

“He’s SO cool,” said his fellow bag boys as I rolled away with one cart-wheel sticking. “I hear he’s a great writer.”

I hardly entered the produce section when a Colombian supermodel rushed toward me.

“You are so very brave, man without mask. My boyfriend very handsome but alway stay en la casa, crying in fear. Only time he leave, he have mask and glove … like … how you say … ‘****.'”

“Esmeralda,” (her name was Esmeralda), “don’t criticize su novio. Not everyone is yet ready to purchase groceries without a mask. This is only for the bold.”

She swooned toward my arms, but I still practice social distancing. Her limp body landed betwixt the cantaloupes and bananas with a thud.

Each time I started down an aisle, a hush fell. Some looked with disdain. Others, admiration. Children scurried away. A dog howled in the distance.

A middle-aged man in a Vikings jersey grabbed his smartphone (Android, of course) and threatened to report me. “Please do,” I uttered. “Say that you would like to report someone not living in fear!” (I saw that on a Facebook meme last week and gave it one of those thumbs-up emojis)

He returned the phone to his pocket glumly as I headed for the cashier.

“Made quite a stir today, chief,” Curtis said. “Some things never change,” I laughed. Good old Curtis.

“I feel like ripping off this dumb mask,” Curtis said, “but The Man says he’ll fire me if I do.”

“Keep it on, my brother. I know you’re with me in spirit.” I offered a kindly smile since people like that sort of thing.

As I was about to leave, Curtis yelled. “Wait!” He clambered atop his cashier stand. Then slowly, ever so slowly, he removed his mask.

Lulu climbed upon her cashier stand. Other cashiers followed. First one, then another. The masks fell that day. Not just physical, but the masks we use to hide, one from another.

Customers began a slow clap and thence flowed the tears. Especially from that jerk wearing the Vikings jersey.

Fin.

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ummmm ...

As I watched, I expected one of the kids to run up with a dollar bill... Or maybe just one of the guys standing in the back... ??

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ummmm ...

I can not think of one context this makes any sense- even the liberals I am friends with would not be cool with a stripper performing for their little kids. These parents are something else.

• Sad 1

Just now, snafu said:

Here, Gal. This is for you.

I heard an interview with this guy awhile back. I was saying wtf through the whole thing. He wants pole dancing to be an olympic sport and he wants to be the champ. 

I watched her routine and admired the athleticism and strength it took to perform.  There are poll dancing classes (and have been for many years) to teach people to poll dance, and not for skeevy purposes. People do poll dance for exercise.

However, that routine in front of little kids? Come on.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I watched her routine and admired the athleticism and strength it took to perform.  There are poll dancing classes (and have been for many years) to teach people to poll dance, and not for skeevy purposes. People do poll dance for exercise.

However, that routine in front of little kids? Come on.

I forgot to attach the link. I edited my post.  That’s the “for you” part.

I do agree that there was a complete lapse of good sense with that performance in front of a bunch of kids. I’m trying to figure out if there was possibly any rational reason behind agreeing to that, but I’m coming up with nothing.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

I forgot to attach the link. I edited my post.  That’s the “for you” part.

I do agree that there was a complete lapse of good sense with that performance in front of a bunch of kids. I’m trying to figure out if there was possibly any rational reason behind agreeing to that, but I’m coming up with nothing.

Weee are those guys built!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

No way in hell I could ever let that go during oral argument without comment.

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 1