The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

19 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

GAHHHHH!!!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME PUT THE TOOTHPASTE BACK IN THE TUBE!!!!  PLEASE!!!!

Given a choice between loving Lena Dunham or myself, I pick myself. She's brilliant!

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

WAIT, HAVE CONGRESS ACTUALLY VOTE ON SPENDING? THAT’S CRAZY TALK! 

Thomas Massie Catches Bipartisan Flak for Suggesting Congress Actually Vote on $19 Billion in Disaster Funding.

:wallbash:

From your link:

"If the Speaker of the House felt this was must-pass legislation, the Speaker of the House should have called a vote on this bill before sending every member of Congress on recess for ten days," said Massie on the House floor, adding later on Twitter that "passing an unbudgeted $19 billion spending bill without a vote of Congress is legislative malpractice."

Massie's objection came a few days after Rep. Chip Roy (R–Texas) did the same thing, opposing the bill over both process concerns and its lack of $4.5 billion in border funding.

The delay had produced bipartisan irritation.

"The heartlessness of House Republicans knows no bounds," said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D–Calif.) in a statement. "Just days after sabotaging a bipartisan and bicameral bill to provide urgently-needed relief to millions of American families reeling from natural disasters, House Republicans have repeated their stunning act of obstruction."

"I just think that we can do a lot better by passing what's good rather than vote 'no' waiting for the perfect," said Sen. Kevin Cramer (R–N.D.), who voted for the disaster package in the Senate.

Congress has been trying to pass a disaster relief bill since January when the Democrat-controlled House approved a $14 billion aid package.

Dear Leader Pelosi reminds me of the terrorists like Hamas who hide their rocket launchers, etc. in and amongst women and children. She won't go along with supporting our border laws and blames her opposition for the fallout.

57 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

From your link:

"If the Speaker of the House felt this was must-pass legislation, the Speaker of the House should have called a vote on this bill before sending every member of Congress on recess for ten days," said Massie on the House floor, adding later on Twitter that "passing an unbudgeted $19 billion spending bill without a vote of Congress is legislative malpractice."

Massie's objection came a few days after Rep. Chip Roy (R–Texas) did the same thing, opposing the bill over both process concerns and its lack of $4.5 billion in border funding.

The delay had produced bipartisan irritation.

"The heartlessness of House Republicans knows no bounds," said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D–Calif.) in a statement. "Just days after sabotaging a bipartisan and bicameral bill to provide urgently-needed relief to millions of American families reeling from natural disasters, House Republicans have repeated their stunning act of obstruction."

"I just think that we can do a lot better by passing what's good rather than vote 'no' waiting for the perfect," said Sen. Kevin Cramer (R–N.D.), who voted for the disaster package in the Senate.

Congress has been trying to pass a disaster relief bill since January when the Democrat-controlled House approved a $14 billion aid package.

Dear Leader Pelosi reminds me of the terrorists like Hamas who hide their rocket launchers, etc. in and amongst women and children. She won't go along with supporting our border laws and blames her opposition for the fallout.

wait... so let me see if i have this correct.

Pelosi says the Republicans are obstructionist for wanting to have a vote on bill that has had a $14 billion aid package approved back in January? what have the Donners been doing since January to not have it passed by now before trying to get it enacted by default? 

oh... right.

what ***** Bizzaro world are we living in??

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

This afternoon, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted about her opposition to former congressmen and women going on to become lobbyists:

If you are a member of Congress + leave, you shouldn’t be allowed to turn right around&leverage your service for a lobbyist check.

I don’t think it should be legal at ALL to become a corporate lobbyist if you’ve served in Congress.

At minimum there should be a long wait period.

And then this happened:

Becds2yE_bigger.jpgTed CruzVerified account @tedcruz
FollowFollow @tedcruz

Here’s something I don’t say often: on this point, I AGREE with @AOC

Indeed, I have long called for a LIFETIME BAN on former Members of Congress becoming lobbyists.

The Swamp would hate it, but perhaps a chance for some bipartisan cooperation?

hell-froze-over_new.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This afternoon, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted about her opposition to former congressmen and women going on to become lobbyists:

And then this happened:

hell-froze-over_new.jpg

If that's happened then the level of the seas has stopped rising and global warming is so passe.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

And then this happened:

hell-froze-over_new.jpg

She’s going to change her tune in a year and a half when she’s out of office and trying to figure out how to pay her rent bartending again.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol:

That was one mean looking assault mud puddle he heroically jumped into. The scream was intimidating. I won't even get into their amazing ability to swim through a slightly larger mud puddle.

I suggest President Trump surrenders all of our military forces to the PLA immediately. We cannot hope to defeat such training, dedication, and morale.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

That was one mean looking assault mud puddle he heroically jumped into. The scream was intimidating. I won't even get into their amazing ability to swim through a slightly larger mud puddle.

I suggest President Trump surrenders all of our military forces to the PLA immediately. We cannot hope to defeat such training, dedication, and morale.

If the clip above is any indication of current Chinese military strategy, they seem to still follow the philosophy used in the Korean War.  Point the lesser trained and equipped soldiers in the general direction of the better trained and equipped Western forces and hope to overrun them with sheer numbers

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

If the clip above is any indication of current Chinese military strategy, they seem to still follow the philosophy used in the Korean War.  Point the lesser trained and equipped soldiers in the general direction of the better trained and equipped Western forces and hope to overrun them with sheer numbers

Yeah, I just watched and thought no problems, just send a Marine against them all... 

4 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

She’s going to change her tune in a year and a half when she’s out of office and trying to figure out how to pay her rent bartending again.

I think it's more likely she becomes a paid contributor on a few networks and gets a raise. 

• Like (+1) 1

President Trump stayed after his commencement speech at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs Thursday to shake hands with nearly 1,000 graduating cadets.

Trump, who wasn’t scheduled to return to Washington until late evening, said he would stick around, despite his advisors telling him he didn’t have to.

“They gave me a choice. They said, ‘Sir, you don’t have to shake any hands, some people do that,’” Trump told the audience.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

President Trump stayed after his commencement speech at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs Thursday to shake hands with nearly 1,000 graduating cadets.

Trump, who wasn’t scheduled to return to Washington until late evening, said he would stick around, despite his advisors telling him he didn’t have to.

“They gave me a choice. They said, ‘Sir, you don’t have to shake any hands, some people do that,’” Trump told the audience.

he's not a hand-shaking guy either, but still did

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Regardless of how one feels about Trump, actions like this rings the bell on the leadership scale.

• Like (+1) 2