The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

54 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Thought I would re-post this here.  If we do actually get into impeachment it might be interesting to see how the backpedaling from today's Repubs follows the Dems actions from the Clinton impeachment in the 90's.  Obviously the details are different

Yes. Bill Clinton committed an actual crime (perjury) which sparked the process. 

Trump has committed zero crimes -- per Mueller and both the House and Senate investigations. 

There's no basis for impeachment. There was one for Clinton (even though I think it was a mistake then and now). 

Pushing for impeachment shows how out of touch the left and supporters like Bob are with the rule of law in this country. They do not value it. They only value it when it can be used against their enemies -- and if it can't be used in that way, they have no problem breaking it to make it work for them. 

You keep proving you're not a serious person. You want to bring this country down and destroy its foundation -- yet you're too dim to realize that's what you're pushing for. You've been had, Bob. Bigly. 

Time's almost up though. You'll love what's coming next ;) 

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yes. Bill Clinton committed an actual crime (perjury) which sparked the process. 

Trump has committed zero crimes -- per Mueller and both the House and Senate investigations. 

There's no basis for impeachment. There was one for Clinton (even though I think it was a mistake then and now). 

Pushing for impeachment shows how out of touch the left and supporters like Bob are with the rule of law in this country. They do not value it. They only value it when it can be used against their enemies -- and if it can't be used in that way, they have no problem breaking it to make it work for them. 

You keep proving you're not a serious person. You want to bring this country down and destroy its foundation -- yet you're too dim to realize that's what you're pushing for. You've been had, Bob. Bigly. 

Time's almost up though. You'll love what's coming next ;) 

Not entirely different: Bill was railroaded into a setup where he lied about something that shouldn't have remotely been within the scope of the investigation.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not entirely different: Bill was railroaded into a setup where he lied about something that shouldn't have remotely been within the scope of the investigation.  

a President committing perjury before a grand jury investigation into his behaviour while President is well within the scope

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

a President committing perjury before a grand jury investigation into his behaviour while President is well within the scope

Explain to me how Starr was even authorized to look in to the President's sex life as part of a real estate investigation.

That was a worse fishing expedition that the current one against Trump.

I've never been to Mongolia, I don't know any Mongolians...but even I know that Mongolian folklore, going back a thousand years, includes the missive "DO NOT EAT MARMOTS OR YOU WILL DIE OF THE ***** PLAGUE."  :wallbash:

• Haha (+1) 1

From Looney Tunes to the Pentagon

Secret U.S. Missile Aims to Kill Only Terrorists, Not Nearby Civilians

To the targeted person, it is as if a speeding anvil fell from the sky, the officials said. But this variant of the Hellfire missile, designated as the R9X, also comes equipped with a different kind of payload: a halo of six long blades that are stowed inside and then deploy through the skin of the missile seconds before impact, shredding anything in its tracks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They launched a satellite with an antenna specifically to study the antenna with the satellite, and tried and failed to name it something that would be a backronym of "R2D2."

The only reason I won't complain about the waste of tax dollars is because DARPA is intended to waste small amounts of money on horseshit so other departments won't waste large amounts on the same thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They launched a satellite with an antenna specifically to study the antenna with the satellite, and tried and failed to name it something that would be a backronym of "R2D2."

The only reason I won't complain about the waste of tax dollars is because DARPA is intended to waste small amounts of money on horseshit so other departments won't waste large amounts on the same thing.

Side note:. The chick that played Darpa is now on Fear the Walking Dead and she is decent in the role.