The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

32 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Will she also be addressing the change management and safety concerns to the drivers that putting visible obstacles in the road will cause?

Only after a driver or two swerve to avoid the crosswalk and crash into the bus stop bench, killing three and maiming two.

47 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Will she also be addressing the change management and safety concerns to the drivers that putting visible obstacles in the road will cause?

of course not

Trump is just a guy.  He does have his unique talents and without doubt he has hypnotized his base.  My point though was that historically I think we will look back and see that the real issue with his rise wasn't necessarily Trump himself but was in fact the political enablers.  The environment is currently so toxic that the expected checks on his power are MIA or just willing to 'go along' with Trump as long as he is accomplishing generally what they want to do.

I am reminded of a passage from an Ann Arbor writer, Robert Faber, though he was referring to the rise of another.

‘We shall always have our fools and ideologues in positions of power, but our system of laws and logic, of checks and balances, is designed to guard against the abuses of ..power, to protect the weakest from the more powerful...  If the elected of our democracy, for reasons of greed or power or cowardice, fail in that task, that is the more troubling threat.   It was McCarthy’s colleagues who let us down, by failing in their obligation to uphold the spirit and intent and integrity of our democratic system.’

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Trump is just a guy.  He does have his unique talents and without doubt he has hypnotized his base.  My point though was that historically I think we will look back and see that the real issue with his rise wasn't necessarily Trump himself but was in fact the political enablers.  The environment is currently so toxic that the expected checks on his power are MIA or just willing to 'go along' with Trump as long as he is accomplishing generally what they want to do.

I am reminded of a passage from an Ann Arbor writer, Robert Faber, though he was referring to the rise of another.

‘We shall always have our fools and ideologues in positions of power, but our system of laws and logic, of checks and balances, is designed to guard against the abuses of ..power, to protect the weakest from the more powerful...  If the elected of our democracy, for reasons of greed or power or cowardice, fail in that task, that is the more troubling threat.   It was McCarthy’s colleagues who let us down, by failing in their obligation to uphold the spirit and intent and integrity of our democratic system.’

Is Trump the creator of the toxic environment, or a result? 

If you can answer that honestly, there's hope for you yet. 

Trump is adhering to the constitutional restraints to a far greater degree than the two previous presidents. Congress is taking the position of opposing everything that might make Trump look good. Trump wants a wall and said he'd be willing to settle the Dreamer situation in exchange for it. Two years ago the dems were desperate to do a deal. Now not a peep. There's a true crisis at our southern border and the dem leadership is denying it because solving the problem would be making Trump look good. As usual the dems put party over country.

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How far into the schitthole we've let this country go.

Imagine that happening today? Of course not.

Today, Kaep would be burning the flag, a fan would grab it from him after which the fan would be caught and pummeled.

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/natalie-portman-explains-how-being-vegan-relates-to-womens-issues-001253790.html

So veganism is actually feminism now?

Greg, what the holy ***** are they putting in the water in Hollywood?

Intersectionality.  Everything is everything else, except the white capitalist patriarchy.