3 Simulation Mocks

Mikie2times

I like mocks but I prefer to use the simulation sites and some guidelines. 

This is a pretty neat site I saw linked last year:  https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock

For these 3 mocks I had to select a player that was within the top 10 best players available, the number to the right of the player is his best player available rankings on the overall boards for each of these mocks. Obviously you see a large range of how these simulators project players which is why I used 3 different versions. Curious to what other direction some of you might go with the same settings and Top 10 Best Overall Guidelines.

Settings: Bleacher Report Mock, User Selected draft needs, Difficult Setting

21: Rashaan Evans LB (1)

22: Malik Jefferson LB (2)

53: Christian Kirk WR (1)

56: Harrison Phillip DT (1)

95: RJ McIntosh DT (3)

Settings: NFL Mock, User Selected draft needs, Difficult Setting

21: James Washington WR (1)

22: Maurice Hurst DT (2)

53: Rashaan Evans LB (2)

56: Malik Jefferson LB (2)

95: Tarvarus McFadden CB (10)

Settings: Fanspeak, User Selected draft needs, Difficult Setting

22: Josh Jackson CB (7)

53: Malik Jefferson LB (1)

56: Taven Bryan DT (3)

95: James Washington WR (2)

Edited by KzooMike

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Drafting two lb,  two dt and a wr?

lol that’s the WORST possible outcome 

I looked at interior OL, edge rusher, and obviously QB. No options presented themselves within the guidelines I stated and the mocks I used.  I'm very high on Kirk and Washington at WR and we still need help in that area. We need to retool DT and LB and in a bad way. Those were the options I got at the highest levels in each mock. 

Just now, KzooMike said:

I looked at interior OL, edge rusher, and obviously QB. No options presented themselves within the guidelines I stated and the mocks I used.  I'm very high on Kirk and Washington at WR and we still need help in that area. We need to retool DT and LB and in a bad way. Those were the options I got at the highest levels in each mock. 

If that’s their plan then i say cut/trade Glenn Taylor and McCoy. Go full tank

2 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

This is a pretty neat site I saw linked last year:  https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock

For these 3 mocks I had to select a player that was within the top 10 best players available, the number to the right of the player is his best player available rankings on the overall boards for each of these mocks. Obviously you see a large range of how these simulators project players which is why I used 3 different versions. Curious to what other direction some of you might go with the same settings and Top 10 Best Overall Guidelines.

My main theory on drafting is always take the best available QB with your first pick and you will come out ahead in the long run......it's based on the reality that first round picks are both valuable and by far the most overrated way of acquiring talent.    The only first pick first rounder of theirs the Bills had on the field in Jacksonville was Tre' White.

But understanding that teams don't have that kind of courage..........draft the best players at premium dollar positions in the first 2 rounds.

I don't see Rashaan Evans or Malik Jefferson ever becoming a $15M/yr player.    Seems like a lot of drafting for need in those picks. 

QB's,  pass rushers, elite talents at WR and CB and OT's.  Those should always be the early targets.   Drafting for need leaves you needy.

Case in point.......back in 2014 I started a thread about taking Aaron Donald if he was there as he was projected to be.....because IMO he was the best defender in the draft and a great pass rusher.    At the time the Bills had a great front 4 so it was kind've dismissed as an odd thought.   The past 3 seasons they REALLY could have used Donald.  He wasn't a need then.    Draft for talent/impact not for need.   Fill needs in free agency. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, joesixpack said:

If that’s their plan then i say cut/trade Glenn Taylor and McCoy. Go full tank

Obviously the needs change a lot with Free Agency. Sign Gaines and Brown (rather move on with Brown), land Star from Carolina and this becomes a different conversation. I still like one of those two LB’s a lot though and see us drafting a LB in the first 3 rounds.

9 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Yeah, if the criteria you have artificially tied yourself to produce a situation where you can't address the most significant position for overall team success, I'd pass on the criteria and think outside that particular box.

4 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Obviously the needs change a lot with Free Agency. Sign Gaines and Brown (rather move on with Brown), land Star from Carolina and this becomes a different conversation. I still like one of those two LB’s a lot though and see us drafting a LB in the first 3 rounds.

I do agree that FA will alter priorities.  I think we should try and address OL and DL particularly.

Edited by Dr. Who

Just did one myself. These are fun, but set up scenarios that would never actually happen...lol

21: R1P21

LB ROQUON SMITH
GEORGIA
22: R1P22

DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON
53: R2P21

WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
56: R2P24

RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA
95: R3P31

QB MIKE WHITE
WESTERN KENTUCKY
123: R4P21

WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
160: R5P21

G MAEA TEUHEMA
SE LOUISIANA
168: R5P29

G COLBY GOSSETT

3 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Just did one myself. These are fun, but set up scenarios that would never actually happen...lol

LB ROQUON SMITH
GEORGIA

DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON

WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M

RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA

QB MIKE WHITE
WESTERN KENTUCKY

WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME

G MAEA TEUHEMA
SE LOUISIANA

G COLBY GOSSETT

As you note, unrealistic, but that is one nice draft.  As an UGA fan, I feel compelled to point out it is Roquan Smith.  Seems to be a hard name to get right.

Edited by Dr. Who

If Gaines leaves, we may be drafting a CB with one of our top four picks.  People will not be happy if the first four picks look something like DT, LB, CB and LB, but I think it is a real possibility depending on what we do in free agency.

2 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

If Gaines leaves, we may be drafting a CB with one of our top four picks.  People will not be happy if the first four picks look something like DT, LB, CB and LB, but I think it is a real possibility depending on what we do in free agency.

I agree with the Gaines scenario and also the unhappy prognostication.  Doubt we see Cousins coming here.  Who is your qb under this hypothetical, because I highly doubt it will be Tyrod?

Edited by Dr. Who

Just a feeling that it will be someone like Bradford if he is available.  He would compete with Peterman for the starting QB position.  Hoping that this is not where things end up.

Mr. Glass does not inspire confidence, though he would likely play well for four or five quarters before being put on IR for the year.

I approached this as if we didn't sign Brown, Gaines, or land a viable DT. Sort of worst case scenario across all defensive positions. 

23 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yeah, if the criteria you have artificially tied yourself to produce a situation where you can't address the most significant position for overall team success, I'd pass on the criteria and think outside that particular box.

I do agree that FA will alter priorities.  I think we should try and address OL and DL particularly.

I think this time of year fans put together completely unrealistic mocks. Sure that has it's place. Personally, I would rather trade Top 10 and land either Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield. That said I boxed myself in because more often than not these unrealistic trades never happen. What you have left if they don't is no interior DL and No LB's. LB really standing out because how strong Carolina's groups was and how unlikely FA is do address that position. I think we will land Star Lotulelei and I hope we can make a play to get back Nigel. We will see. I think boxing it in has some value.   

4 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I think this time of year fans put together completely unrealistic mocks. Sure that has it's place. Personally, I would rather trade Top 10 and land either Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield. That said I boxed myself in because more often than not these unrealistic trades never happen. What you have left if they don't is no interior DL and No LB's. LB really standing out because how strong Carolina's groups was and how unlikely FA is do address that position. I think we will land Star Lotulelei and I hope we can make a play to get back Nigel. We will see. I think boxing it in has some value.   

I'm not disputing the need to bolster DT and LB.  Even gaming worst case scenarios, I think you have to give some nod to qb and it seems to me you did not.  I like Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield.  First two will go top five, Mayfield probably top ten, so it would be a challenge and expensive to get up there.  I'm in the camp that is dubious about Allen, though if he matches physical talent to everything else needed to be a successful NFL qb, he will be lights out.  We're in a tough spot, because there are a lot of holes.  Have to be good and lucky in FA to allow a trade up that would not leave much of the team needs unaddressed.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm not disputing the need to bolster DT and LB.  Even gaming worst case scenarios, I think you have to give some nod to qb and it seems to me you did not.  I like Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield.  First two will go top five, Mayfield probably top ten, so it would be a challenge and expensive to get up there.  I'm in the camp that is dubious about Allen, though if he matches physical talent to everything else needed to be a successful NFL qb, he will be lights out.  We're in a tough spot, because there are a lot of holes.  Have to be good and lucky in FA to allow a trade up that would not leave much of the team needs unaddressed.

Key question in this draft is can we acquire a viable QB outside the draft, if not, do we spend the expensive price to acquire one in the draft knowing we have so many holes or do we pass one more year and focus filling those areas? I think the latter could even put Tyrod back in play. It's incredible how many paths this team could take in the off-season. 

• Like (+1) 2

I ended up with this.  Helps the offense and new QB.  But does not do too much for D or OL.  Will need to fill DL, OL in FA, and RB in UDFA.  

1: R1P21

QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE
2: R1P22

LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH
3: R2P21

TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
4: R2P24

C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
5: R3P31

WR DAESEAN HAMILTON
PENN STATE
6: R4P21

EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
WAKE FOREST
7: R5P21

EDGE MARQUIS HAYNES
MISSISSIPPI
8: R5P29

S TREY MARSHALL
FLORIDA STATE
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KzooMike said:

And your QB is???

QB BAKER MAYFIELD
OKLAHOMA
DL MAURICE HURST
MICHIGAN
BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA
TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN
CB DUKE DAWSON
FLORIDA
RB PHILLIP LINDSAY
COLORADO

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:
QB BAKER MAYFIELD
OKLAHOMA
DL MAURICE HURST
MICHIGAN
BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA
TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN
CB DUKE DAWSON
FLORIDA
RB PHILLIP LINDSAY
COLORADO

wow.  that is nice.  mayfield and price falling that far seems, far-fetched.  but that would be nearly an ideal draft! 

51 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:
QB BAKER MAYFIELD
OKLAHOMA
DL MAURICE HURST
MICHIGAN
BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA
TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN
CB DUKE DAWSON
FLORIDA
RB PHILLIP LINDSAY
COLORADO

Use the criteria I suggested and the best you will get is Rudolph or Jackson as QB options. It doesn’t give you the option of trading up. 

2 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Use the criteria I suggested and the best you will get is Rudolph or Jackson as QB options. It doesn’t give you the option of trading up. 

And yet I got Mayfield there and was top on the board So....

Edited by MAJBobby

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I ended up with this.  Helps the offense and new QB.  But does not do too much for D or OL.  Will need to fill DL, OL in FA, and RB in UDFA.  

1: R1P21

QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE
2: R1P22

LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH
3: R2P21

TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
4: R2P24

C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
5: R3P31

WR DAESEAN HAMILTON
PENN STATE
6: R4P21

EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
WAKE FOREST
7: R5P21

EDGE MARQUIS HAYNES
MISSISSIPPI
8: R5P29

S TREY MARSHALL
FLORIDA STATE

I love this mock!!!

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

CB DENZEL WARD
OHIO STATE

C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA

DL HARRISON PHILLIPS
STANFORD

RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA

LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA

QB MIKE WHITE
WESTERN KENTUCKY

WR ALLEN LAZARD
IOWA STATE

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, KzooMike said:

Key question in this draft is can we acquire a viable QB outside the draft, if not, do we spend the expensive price to acquire one in the draft knowing we have so many holes or do we pass one more year and focus filling those areas? I think the latter could even put Tyrod back in play. It's incredible how many paths this team could take in the off-season. 

The thought of Taylor for one more year makes me ill, so I hope another path opens up.  I understand the rationale for your thinking there, however.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, KzooMike said:

They either have to give up their firsts this year plus to move up in to one of the top 4 spots, or they probably aren't getting a day one starter in the draft and have to look elsewhere for one.

I'm starting to think they make a move and go for someone like Foles, and maybe someone like Kiser from the Browns. Foles starts with Kiser developing as the #2. 

The Bills need to score points, and that's where they should focus their energies. Their offense is terrible outside of McCoy and a couple of o-line positions. Their defense has some holes, but it's less of an issue than the offense. And the only way to get past NE is to build an offense that can score. 

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills need to score points, and that's where they should focus their energies. Their offense is terrible outside of McCoy and a couple of o-line positions. Their defense has some holes, but it's less of an issue than the offense. And the only way to get past NE is to build an offense that can score. 

The Giants, Ravens, and Broncos defenses of the past disagree.  Had the Eagles secondary, which was exposed last night, been better, the game would not have been as close.  So I still think defense wins championships.  The Eagles were fortunate that Foles was able to go toe to toe with Brady and emerge the better QB in last night's SB.  The Eagles were fortunate that the Pat's D was probably worse than theirs.

How this relates to us is that yes, we need better QB play, but we also need a much better offensive system than what we had this season.  Hopefully the addition of Daboll can help take care of this.  But we need to shore up our defensive front seven, which got beat badly by the run while also not getting anywhere near enough pressure on the opposing QB.