3 Simulation Mocks

Mikie2times

22 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The Giants, Ravens, and Broncos defenses of the past disagree.  Had the Eagles secondary, which was exposed last night, been better, the game would not have been as close.  So I still think defense wins championships.  The Eagles were fortunate that Foles was able to go toe to toe with Brady and emerge the better QB in last night's SB.  The Eagles were fortunate that the Pat's D was probably worse than theirs.

How this relates to us is that yes, we need better QB play, but we also need a much better offensive system than what we had this season.  Hopefully the addition of Daboll can help take care of this.  But we need to shore up our defensive front seven, which got beat badly by the run while also not getting anywhere near enough pressure on the opposing QB.

The 2011 Giants were a top-ten scoring and yardage team (9 in points and 8th in yards), and the 2013 Broncos were first in points and yards.  The 2012 Ravens were 10th in points.  The 2009 Ravens were 9th in points. The 2006 Colts were 2nd in points and 3rd yards. This season, the Chiefs, who CRUSHED the Pats and appear to have NE's number, were 6th in points and fifth in yards. Those teams could score. 

The 2015 Broncos were a bit of anomaly (16th points) relative to the teams that have taken Brady out. 

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The 2011 Giants were a top-ten scoring and yardage team (9 in points and 8th in yards), and the 2013 Broncos were first in points and yards.  The 2012 Ravens were 10th in points.  The 2009 Ravens were 9th in points. The 2006 Colts were 2nd in points and 3rd yards. This season, the Chiefs, who CRUSHED the Pats and appear to have NE's number, were 6th in points and fifth in yards. Those teams could score. 

The 2015 Broncos were a bit of anomaly (16th points) relative to the teams that have taken Brady out. 

I get where you're coming from and agree; offenses need to put up points.  As Bills fans, we know this all too well.  But the defense needs to be able to stop high powered offenses like the Pats.

The 2008 SB was won on the strength of the Giants defense - they held the seemingly invincible Pats to < 20 points.  Eli Manning was good enough to win, but the offense wasn't the strength of that team.

The 2015 Broncos beat the Pats in the AFCC off the strength of the defense.  Peyton Manning and the offense was good enough, even under Dennison's system where Peyton regessed, to win.

This just happened to be a SB where the Eagles offense was better than the Pats offense, with neither team really playing much in the way of defense.  I wouldn't count on this type of plan being successful all the time.  FWIW, I think this wasn't the strongest Pats team (in all phases) to make the SB, and the Eagles were fortunate for that.  

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I get where you're coming from and agree; offenses need to put up points.  As Bills fans, we know this all too well.  But the defense needs to be able to stop high powered offenses like the Pats.

The 2008 SB was won on the strength of the Giants defense - they held the seemingly invincible Pats to < 20 points.  Eli Manning was good enough to win, but the offense wasn't the strength of that team.

The 2015 Broncos beat the Pats in the AFCC off the strength of the defense.  Peyton Manning and the offense was good enough, even under Dennison's system where Peyton regessed, to win.

This just happened to be a SB where the Eagles offense was better than the Pats offense, with neither team really playing much in the way of defense.  I wouldn't count on this type of plan being successful all the time.  FWIW, I think this wasn't the strongest Pats team (in all phases) to make the SB, and the Eagles were fortunate for that.  

Oh, I agree, but the long-term problem with the Bills hasn't really been the defense; they've fielded some good ones and a couple of great ones over the drought. The issue is the offense, which has been bad for a long time. The only bright spot was 2015-16, and they were only pretty good and flawed to boot. I don't really give them credit for 2002 given how the offense collapsed like a house of cards late in the season. Bledsoe had 16 TDs and 5 INTs through 8 games; he finished with 24 TDs and 15 picks. 

Re the Pats this season, they were always very flawed on D. The loss of Hightower was huge, and their inability to replace Chandler Jones showed up in the last couple of games.  Their offense was fantastic this season, and they were very impressive last night against a very good D.

Edited by dave mcbride

Disclaimer I am horrible at drafting but this is what I came up with

Round 1 Pick 4 (CLE): Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California (A+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (ATL): Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 26 (ATL): Josey Jewell, ILB, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 31: Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh (B+)
Round 4 Pick 21: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 5 Pick 21: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (A)
Round 5 Pick 29: Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech (D)

ech (D)

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills need to score points, and that's where they should focus their energies. Their offense is terrible outside of McCoy and a couple of o-line positions. Their defense has some holes, but it's less of an issue than the offense. And the only way to get past NE is to build an offense that can score. 

I agree and hopefully Daboll is the first piece of that.

The #1 takeaway any Bills fan should have gotten from watching Philly this year was that your #1 goal as an organization is to maximize the quality of your QB's play.

Philly loaded up on big play WR.......ran a hybrid pro-college offense to prop up Wentz......and then went heavy Chip-Kelly-college-offense to bring back the 2013 Nick Foles.

The Bills badly need playmaking talent at WR.......really need more talent at RB, preferably a potential 200 carry feature back..........a playmaking young TE makes sense too......but foremost they just flat out need to draft a potential franchise QB and then just adjust the offense to make whoever is playing QB look their best when they are out there.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree and hopefully Daboll is the first piece of that.

The #1 takeaway any Bills fan should have gotten from watching Philly this year was that your #1 goal as an organization is to maximize the quality of your QB's play.

Philly loaded up on big play WR.......ran a hybrid pro-college offense to prop up Wentz......and then went heavy Chip-Kelly-college-offense to bring back the 2013 Nick Foles.

The Bills badly need playmaking talent at WR.......really need more talent at RB, preferably a potential 200 carry feature back..........a playmaking young TE makes sense too......but foremost they just flat out need to draft a potential franchise QB and then just adjust the offense to make whoever is playing QB look their best when they are out there.

You by far have the best positional ranking per round method on this board...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

The thought of Taylor for one more year makes me ill, so I hope another path opens up.  I understand the rationale for your thinking there, however.

Likewise and thank you for not putting that in context of what I want. 

• Like (+1) 1

Simulation mocks are fun ... and completely worthless. The following mock, which I did on fanspeak,  has <0% chance of happening but it would have me weeping with joy:

R1P21

LB BAKER MAYFIELD

OKLAHOMA

R1P22

LB ROQUAN SMITH

GEORGIA

R2P21

WR CALVIN RIDLEY

ALABAMA

R2P24 

DL HARRISON PHILLIPS

STANFORD

R3P32 

CB DONTE JACKSON

LSU

Edited by ndirish1978

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Just did one myself. These are fun, but set up scenarios that would never actually happen...lol

21: R1P21

LB ROQUON SMITH
GEORGIA
22: R1P22

DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON
53: R2P21

WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
56: R2P24

RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA
95: R3P31

QB MIKE WHITE
WESTERN KENTUCKY
123: R4P21

WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
160: R5P21

G MAEA TEUHEMA
SE LOUISIANA
168: R5P29

G COLBY GOSSETT

White could end up being the third best QB in the draft. This draft would be an A to A- IMO

23 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I ended up with this.  Helps the offense and new QB.  But does not do too much for D or OL.  Will need to fill DL, OL in FA, and RB in UDFA.  

1: R1P21

QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE
2: R1P22

LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH
3: R2P21

TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
4: R2P24

C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
5: R3P31

WR DAESEAN HAMILTON
PENN STATE
6: R4P21

EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
WAKE FOREST
7: R5P21

EDGE MARQUIS HAYNES
MISSISSIPPI
8: R5P29

S TREY MARSHALL
FLORIDA STATE

B+ Trey Marshall is an idiot. My son coaches in the ACC and said this guy has no chance to comprehend..... course he is your last pick.  Give this a B+ IMO

21 hours ago, MAJBobby said:
QB BAKER MAYFIELD
OKLAHOMA
DL MAURICE HURST
MICHIGAN
BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA
TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN
CB DUKE DAWSON
FLORIDA
RB PHILLIP LINDSAY
COLORADO

A+++++++

19 hours ago, bkep32 said:

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

CB DENZEL WARD
OHIO STATE

C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA

DL HARRISON PHILLIPS
STANFORD

RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA

LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA

QB MIKE WHITE
WESTERN KENTUCKY

WR ALLEN LAZARD
IOWA STATE

Another A

3 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Disclaimer I am horrible at drafting but this is what I came up with

Round 1 Pick 4 (CLE): Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California (A+)
Round 2 Pick 26 (ATL): Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 26 (ATL): Josey Jewell, ILB, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 31: Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh (B+)
Round 4 Pick 21: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 5 Pick 21: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (A)
Round 5 Pick 29: Jaylon Ferguson, DE, Louisiana Tech (D)

ech (D)

Wow. First  four are Euro Americans. All productive players Very good A-

15 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Simulation mocks are fun ... and completely worthless. The following mock, which I did on fanspeak,  has <0% chance of happening but it would have me weeping with joy:

R1P21

LB BAKER MAYFIELD

OKLAHOMA

R1P22

LB ROQUAN SMITH

GEORGIA

R2P21

WR CALVIN RIDLEY

ALABAMA

R2P24 

DL HARRISON PHILLIPS

STANFORD