Should we throw Peterman on the trash heap for 1 bad outing?

Sky Diver

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't get the hype around this below average QB. He's a fifth rounder who didn't show much. Why is there a small vocal contingent on this board extolling his virtues?

What hype?

Some people are saying don’t throw the kid out yet.   

Some say say he’s a complete failure.  

Hype or hate.  Which is worse? 

Like John said as Bills fans we should want to see him succeed. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

7 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Truly impressive how he played against the Jags?

In like 4 snaps he fumbled that luckily went out of bounds, had an intentional grounding, and threw and interception....

He made 1 throw for like 11 yards....

Almost tied Tyrod’s game stats!

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What hype?

Some people are saying don’t throw the kid out yet.   

Some say say he’s a complete failure.  

Hype or hate.  Which is worse? 

I'm talking about a vocal contingent on this board, not necessarily the OP. 

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

People seem to forget just how much better he played in the snow game...TD pass to KB was a thing of beauty.

C’mon man.  Snow games don’t count and garbage time doesn’t count unless he throws an interception.  

;)

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'm talking about a vocal contingent on this board, not necessarily the OP. 

Who is saying he’s THE guy?

other than Savior and xRushx? 

1 hour ago, section122 said:

I'm biased?  I absolutely prefer Tyrod to Peterman.  So I guess?

Let me put it to you this way:  I work in HR so I do a lot of hiring.  If I hire someone that comes into work and they do alright but I know I can get better I will look to work with them and improve their skills until I think they are maxed out (this is where we are at with Tyrod).  If someone comes in and is an absolute train wreck of an employee I move on from them.  Sometimes it takes a year to make that decision, sometimes 6 months, sometimes 1 month, sometime 1 week.  If Peterman came in and threw for 150 yards, 2 ints, and 0 tds I wouldn't feel this strongly.  He didn't.  He literally set a record for how bad his performance was.  He wasn't just kind of bad he was in the history of the nfl bad.  Why should the Bills invest any more in him?  

In my mind every one on the team should be there (including Peterman) until they prove that they don't belong or someone beats him out.  Keep Peterman and hell keep Taylor until we have a better option at QB.   Hopefully that is this year!

edit:  I see you added the part about defenses and yes Seattle's defense carried them to the Super Bowl twice and Wilson rode coat tails.  Now that he is the big money focus the team hasn't enjoyed the same success.  He won a playoff game throwing for 103 yards!!!

.....a 5th round rookie qb thrown in for a road start against one of the top pass rush teams in the NFL. Sprinkle in an embarrassing performance from our oline. What could go wrong?

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

.....a 5th round rookie qb thrown in for a road start against one of the top pass rush teams in the NFL. Sprinkle in an embarrassing performance from our oline. What could go wrong?

Joey Bosa saying on two occasions " they didn't block me" He was amazed !! and i believe the coaches were too. I haven't  heard this mentioned on the board since it happened and was instrumental in the interceptions that Nate through when he was hit  I have not seen Eric Wood's comment on Nate 's progress with the team in practice, just before the playoff game, either. 

1 minute ago, Wily Dog said:

Joey Bosa saying on two occasions " they didn't block me" He was amazed !! and i believe the coaches were too. I haven't  heard this mentioned on the board since it happened and was instrumental in the interceptions that Nate through when he was hit  I have not seen Eric Wood's comment on Nate 's progress with the team in practice, just before the playoff game, either. 

It's called Derek Carr syndrome, the O-Line was pissed that they benched Taylor and put in zero effort. I wonder if maybe they were mad because Peterman didn't kneel for the anthem?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yes, the questions about him coming out were arm strength, accuracy and his play under pressure. It appears that those issues were way understated. If he was in this draft he wouldn’t be drafted knowing what we know now. Trade up for your guy and sign a bridge veteran. There is no reason to keep NP around as the distant #3 that will never see the field. If you want to slide him to the PS fine. He’s a dime a dozen guy.

I think thats a key thing- a late round guy isn’t getting tossed on the trash heap, but instead has to climb his way out of the heap. If you are a day 3 qb you have major flaws you have to prove you’ve overcome. He has not yet.

could he? Highly unlikely, but possible. I’m fine keeping him around but he’s the 1 in 100 shot while the trade up is a coin flip 

24 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It's called Derek Carr syndrome, the O-Line was pissed that they benched Taylor and put in zero effort. I wonder if maybe they were mad because Peterman didn't kneel for the anthem?

IT was not the whole line. It was two lineman. if it was a planned event , i would bet on a least one of them being gone next year.

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I think thats a key thing- a late round guy isn’t getting tossed on the trash heap, but instead has to climb his way out of the heap. If you are a day 3 qb you have major flaws you have to prove you’ve overcome. He has not yet.

could he? Highly unlikely, but possible. I’m fine keeping him around but he’s the 1 in 100 shot while the trade up is a coin flip 

Maybe my memory is foggy but I don’t remember people having this irrational confidence in Tuel or Brohm or Levi Brown or Gibran Hamdan? If a guy can’t play he can’t play. It’s not that anyone writing him off too early. It works the other way with late round picks and UDFA (at all positions). They have to EARN their spot on the roster. Some guys like Jabari Greer run with the opportunity. The overwhelming majority get turned over after a brief look. When teams come to the conclusion that a guy can’t contribute they try to replace them with someone that can. I know @section122 went through a bunch of recent 5th rounders that didn’t work out. That’s the way that it happens. It’s not that the guy is being treated unfairly. He’s getting the same treatment that Zebrie Sanders got, a look, a chance and then try to fend off the new guy.

8 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

IT was not the whole line. It was two lineman. if it was a planned event , i would bet on a least one of them being gone next year.

I’m sure that it was a big conspiracy to get Peterman killed. Ha ha, that’s why the Petermaniacs get challenged. “It’s probably not that Peterman sucks. It’s probably a giant conspiracy by the offensive lineman to get him pressured. They wanted to lose the game.”

200w.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Where would you cap things?  If one game is enough to cut a guy, why not one half?  One quarter?  How about the minute you make a bad play you get cut?  You' d have to expand rosters to about 200 players but it would apparently make wishes of some fans come true.

A young QB needs time to develop.  Huh.  Never would have thought of that.  We'll see what he does next preseason and if he isn't improving he may lose his job.