Should we throw Peterman on the trash heap for 1 bad outing?

Sky Diver

First off, I don't think that starting him at an away game was the best decision, Plus, he got no help from the offensive line. On at least a couple of the interceptions he was hit as he was releasing the ball.

Peterman was clearly brought in because Taylor wasn't throwing the ball downfield. Consequently he overcompensated and should have the eaten the ball in a couple of cases where he tried to make plays.

I'll reserve judgment on Peterman until the Bills strengthen the offensive line.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 5

Yes, the questions about him coming out were arm strength, accuracy and his play under pressure. It appears that those issues were way understated. If he was in this draft he wouldn’t be drafted knowing what we know now. Trade up for your guy and sign a bridge veteran. There is no reason to keep NP around as the distant #3 that will never see the field. If you want to slide him to the PS fine. He’s a dime a dozen guy.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 11

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

First off, I don't think that starting him at an away game was the best decision, Plus, he got no help from the offensive line. On at least a couple of the interceptions he was hit as he was releasing the ball.

Peterman was clearly brought in because Taylor wasn't throwing the ball downfield. Consequently he overcompensated and should have the eaten the ball in a couple of cases where he tried to make plays.

I'll reserve judgment on Peterman until the Bills strengthen the offensive line.

No, we shouldn't throw him on the trash heap, yet we should always be looking to upgrade.

I do think with time Peterman could prove to be a serviceable #2 QB. However if we are drafting a rookie this year that has a chance to develop into a quality starter (White/Lauletta) I would have no issue moving on. Hard to get enough reps and attention to develop 2 young guys at the same time.

He had 2 bad outings. Add in the playoff game and he only completed 44% of his passes with 6 ints and also 2 fumbles that we recovered. He throws an int on 11% of his throws!

I would bring in a vet and also draft a QB and let them all battle it out. Peterman doesn't have the arm strength plus he spazzes out under pressure. I am highly confident he would be on the outside looking in if we actually had some QB's on the roster that could play.

• Like (+1) 2

Not yet, I want to see what Brian Daboll might be able to do with him.  Peterman's bad outing came under the tutelage of Rick Dennison, who most on this board (from what I have seen) do not want anywhere near this year's rookie QB.  Why would he retrospectively done any better with Peterman if he can not be trusted with a new rookie QB?

• Like (+1) 2

Are we really asking this? 

He was horrendous in his first start. Epic level of horrible. Not just to the eye, but to stats, history.

He threw a pick on 10% of his passes this season. Thats awful. Jeff Tuel had a better day against a better defense in his only start. Who didnt fully expect him to throw a pick in the playoff game? His arm is weak, he telegraphs passes. Hes a bad NFL QB. A very common tale. 

I don't understand the fascination with this kid. He seems like a nice kid who made a few good throws in preseason. Lots of guys have done that you never hear from again. Peterman is just the lastest one to play for the Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yes, the questions about him coming out were arm, strength, accuracy and his play under pressure. It appears that those issues were way understated. If he was in this draft he wouldn’t be drafted knowing what we know now. Trade up for your guy and sign a bridge veteran. There is no reason to keep NP around as the distant #3 that will never see the field. If you want to slide him to the PS fine. He’s a dime a dozen guy

Have you finally come to the conclusion that it is time to move on from the Taylor era? I thought you would pull a Davey Crockett act and fight to the last knife thrust at the Alamo defending your running qb. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

1st Interception: Off receivers hands

2nd: Interception: Hit as he was throwing

3rd Interception: Hit as he was throwing

4th Interception: Poor decision, but had  lineman in his face

5th Interception: Terrible throw

When he had a clean pocket he was pretty effective.

• Like (+1) 2

I think Peterman can turn out to be ok. 

Here is something weird. I watched the film of that game repeatedly. I came out of that liking him better, than I did going in. So there.

That kid has some Gonads to quote the great Perry Fewell. :)

It remains to be seen if he has some brains. But he has guts that is for sure. My jury is out on him.

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

1st Interception: Off receivers hands

2nd: Interception: Hit as he was throwing

3rd Interception: Hit as he was throwing

4th Interception: Poor decision, but had  lineman in his face

5th Interception: Terrible throw

When he had a clean pocket he was pretty effective.

See thats the problem tho. Everything needs to be perfect for him to be "effective" Boy are you going to be disappointed to learn that in this league, you have to be able to move in the pocket, avoid pressure and still make an accurate throw

I don't think we should throw him away. I think he has a future as a decent backup. 

I also don't think we should hold out hope for him to be our knight in shining armor.  Let the kid develop. He can sling it it seems. If he is more of the same next year or the year after. That's fine. It doesn't really cost us anything to wait and see with the rookie contract.