Bills fire Gill Byrd

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

FYI his dad John Teerlinck was the DL coach in Denver under mike shanahan and then the colts under dungy. Bill was asst DL coach in Indy during those years 

Aaron Whitecotton.

An interesting last name. Was he abandoned as a child and raised by rabbits?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Seems like a lot of turmoil in Orchard Park these days similar to bumbling regimes of the past and it would be magnified even more if not for this team getting lucky and ending the playoff drought.

what a ridiculous post but not surprising considering the source.

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Seems like a lot of turmoil in Orchard Park these days similar to bumbling regimes of the past and it would be magnified even more if not for this team getting lucky and ending the playoff drought.

I've never seen a bigger bunch of overreactive drama queens in my life than the posters in this thread.

Good Lord.

4 hours ago, jr1 said:

douche move

Gill Byrd raised a douche in his son Jairus so this makes sense.

52 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

And now you know the rest of the story....

i can only read this in a paul harvey voice.  on top of all of that, i know a guy who is named paul harvey, and i do the same thing when he speaks to me.

That's just weird...

Buffalo was ranked 14th in passing defense while the Texans were ranked 24th.

In 2014 when Butler started with the Texans, they were ranked 2nd overall, so that's great (might have more to do with them getting pressure on the opposing QB's though).
In 2015, the Texans passing defense was again 2nd overall

In 2016, they were also ranked 2nd.

So maybe the dramatic dropoff had something to do with the Texans firing him, and perhaps McDermott believes Butler can tap into the potential of our roster better to get us towards those passing rankings.

23 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I've never seen a bigger bunch of overreactive drama queens in my life than the posters in this thread.

Good Lord.

Between this and the press conference thread - you have a ton of people just looking to make crap up and try to fit it in and throw blame everywhere.

The Bills are trying to screw Eric Wood - or maybe if he retires before the start of the new season they do not have the cap space and would have to recoup.  Maybe by waiting they can work together to make sure he gets what he needs.  Maybe the conference was delayed to allow his agent and the NFLPA work with the team to find the best possible solution- it does not have to be nefarious.

Maybe Gil Byrd was let go (similar to Dennison) because he was not the first choice and a guy that McD really wants became available.  This is a business and sometimes in your initial hire you settle and good teams look to upgrade - it does not mean McD did not appreciate his staff and does not make them racist as some seem to suggest.

Everyone calm down and let thing play out for a bit - still lots going.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Probowl Caliber play from the DBs. The position coach gets fired. 

Crap play from the OL and the Position Coach Teflon Juan still here. 

Teflon Juan is TBD gold.....swing and a driiiiive!!!!!

6 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Very strange, if true.  Something else is behind that curtain.

It's me behind it.

50 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what a ridiculous post but not surprising considering the source.

Nothing ridiculous about it, the last 24 hours have been a epic failure for this franchise.

Whether it was botching the Wood retirement (and who knows how this drama is going to play out) and all these questionable coaching announcements/changes a very familiar stench is coming from One Bills Drive.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Go wipe off your chin.

21 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Nothing ridiculous about it, the last 24 hours have been a epic failure for this franchise.

Whether it was botching the Wood retirement (and who knows how this drama is going to play out) and all these questionable coaching announcements/changes a very familiar stench is coming from One Bills Drive.

why don't you go bury your head in a hole some where. 

EVERYTHING about your posts are RIDICULOUS!!!

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

If the D doesn't improve Butler will be DC. Frazier on hot seat.

Given the (lack of) talent on the line, I would say Frazier did a competent job. Assuming we fix that talent gap, it will be fair to evaluate Frazier at this time next year. Somehow, I feel that he is not the problem on D

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

absurd IMO.  Completely turned the secondary around.  

What completely turned the secondary around was completely turning the secondary around by literally replacing the entire unit. If Byrd had inherited the previous secondary and turned them around, I'd be more impressed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Given the (lack of) talent on the line, I would say Frazier did a competent job. Assuming we fix that talent gap, it will be fair to evaluate Frazier at this time next year. Somehow, I feel that he is not the problem on D

Well, I never said fire Frazier now. I know the roster was weak. It will be weak again.