Vote/Question. Is there a conspiracy for the pats to win?

BillsFan130

Is there a conspiracy?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a conspiracy?

No, there is no conspiracy.  The reason that they win all the time is because they have the best quarterback to ever play the game and are coached really well.  There isn't a conspiracy and there doesn't need to be one in order for them to win.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Deflate Gate says no. 

Deflategate was window dressing...a make up call and damage control to appease the other owners from Goodell burning the Spygate evidence, which by many accounts was far more egregious (and more damaging to NE’s ‘legacy’) than deflating a few footballs.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Deflate Gate says no. 

I do believe it was all for show. The games missed didn't really effect the Pats season. Then they go on to win the SB. Look at Elliott and the Cowboys. Roger and Jerry are truly at odds and he misses 6 more costly games for the Cowboys. Roger and Bob will be headed to Disney together if the Pats win again. 

Just now, H2o said:

I do believe it was all for show. The games missed didn't really effect the Pats season. Then they go on to win the SB. Look at Elliott and the Cowboys. Roger and Jerry are truly at odds and he misses 6 more costly games for the Cowboys. Roger and Bob will be headed to Disney together if the Pats win again. 

That only happened because ATL had an epic collapse to hand them a Lombardi. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Deflate Gate says no. 

It seems that Deflategate was more about the cover up than the crime.  Had Brady just come clean, little or anything would have been done.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

No, there is no conspiracy.  The reason that they win all the time is because they have the best quarterback to ever play the game and are coached really well.  There isn't a conspiracy and there doesn't need to be one in order for them to win.

Bull****

Have you ever seen any team in Pro sports be able to just throw anyone in their lineup and still come out with the same results every year? Even when Brady is not in the lineup they aren't missing a beat. They go through many stretches where they don't look good, wasn't their defence one of the worst in the league statistically to start the year? Then here they are, rolling their way into the championship again. Almost every team that plays them just happens to forget to keep playing late in a game allowing them to come back and win it? Every play that is challenged in a game goes their way when they need it to. You see calls that get reviewed go their way and its questioned how they could have made that call, then the next week that same thing happens in another game and its called the way it should have been in the Pats game? Has one of their highly successful Co-Ordinators/Coaches went on to do well anywhere else? How many of their players ever leave and continue to play well elsewhere (outside of Garopollo who theres rumors they didn't want to get rid of)

No team can be this dominant just because of a QB and a HC...........

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think the league rigs it

But I don't think the officiating is fair and unbiased either.

1) Part of it is the winner tends to get the calls, and the Pats have been winners for a long time

2) Part of it is that NFL referees are part-time and are not paid as much as referees in other professional sports - so they tend to be more fans - see point 1

3) AFAIK while referees can't gamble and can't openly play fantasy football, with the internet it would not be hard to do anonymously, so that might influence

Add into the above, that AFAIK the checks and balances and consequences for referees are minimal and totally disengaged from the game, and the system perpetuates.

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

Kraft has Goodell and the Refs in his back pocket. They play it out like ole Rog is against them, but I truly believe it is quite the opposite. 

I said this before and people were ready to fit me with a tin foil hat

It would not shock me to find out that Goodell and Kraft had an agreement worked out with "Deflategate" so that it took heat off Goodell who could say that he did something and it would make it look like they weren't working together. It also allows the Pats and their fans to play on the "Everyones against us" mentality

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I said this before and people were ready to fit me with a tin foil hat

It would not shock me to find out that Goodell and Kraft had an agreement worked out with "Deflategate" so that it took heat off Goodell who could say that he did something and it would make it look like they weren't working together. It also allows the Pats and their fans to play on the "Everyones against us" mentality

Kraft had to be talked out of suing the league over deflategate's outcome of Brady's 4 game suspension. 

53 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I have not seen any compelling evidence to suggest NFL games have been rigged.

I do think this sort of thing is conceptually very possible, and you most certainly can control the outcome of games, with a fair degree of certainty, simply by controlling a few key calls at critical times in the game. 

Many big time sports leagues around the world have fallen victim to this and perhaps it is a matter of time before the NFL suffers a similar fiasco.

The question I would have is where is the motive?  Who is going to benefit from the game fixing?  The owners are already billionaires.  Usually the motive is bookies controlling the gambling and they control the game by giving a lot of money to the referee, who is willing to take the bribe b/c the money is much greater than he is making through legitimate means.

Not sure that set of facts lines up with forces surrounding modern NFL play though.

So you think that would stop them from wanting to make more money? How many times do you see someone already wealthy wrapped up in illegal activity or scams because they want more of it? Sometimes the more money you have, the greedier you become......

Just watch the games and theres plenty of compelling evidence to suggest not everything in the league is on the "Up and Up". It would not shock me in the least to one day here that the league was fixed. It seems to get worse every year. Yet I can't say watching Baseball that I feel the same, and I am not a fan of the red sox or yankees. But I don't feel the league is fixed

In Hockey, I wouldn't be shocked to find out the "draft lottery" was rigged to make sure a few names are put in places to help the league and some of it franchises, but I can't say watching games that I feel the games are rigged.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Kraft had to be talked out of suing the league over deflategate's outcome of Brady's 4 game suspension. 

I'm sure that has to be true and not part of an act then, It wouldn't help make it look like they really were mad at each other by saying he was going to sue the league, then not go through with it......

Here's my theory, if you will. There is no question that athletic performance improves over time. But when performance takes an uncanny leap, there is usually more to it.

Are the Patriots the only team in NFL history with talent that is well coached? No. Then how is it their dominance seems neverending? Is every other team in the NFL less talented or too dumb to compete?

How is it that the Patriots are able to come from behind at a rate unseen in the history of the NFL, often against league's best teams? 

When one team dominates a league as long as the Patriots have, with no equal in history, it's not paranoid to ask how they do it. I'll be willing to bet it's more than hard work and clean living.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So you think that would stop them from wanting to make more money? How many times do you see someone already wealthy wrapped up in illegal activity or scams because they want more of it? Sometimes the more money you have, the greedier you become......

Just watch the games and theres plenty of compelling evidence to suggest not everything in the league is on the "Up and Up". It would not shock me in the least to one day here that the league was fixed. It seems to get worse every year. Yet I can't say watching Baseball that I feel the same, and I am not a fan of the red sox or yankees. But I don't feel the league is fixed

In Hockey, I wouldn't be shocked to find out the "draft lottery" was rigged to make sure a few names are put in places to help the league and some of it franchises, but I can't say watching games that I feel the games are rigged.

I'm sure that has to be true and not part of an act then, It wouldn't help make it look like they really were mad at each other by saying he was going to sue the league, then not go through with it......

Come on man!  What size do you wear?

71GV79NPpZL._UL1500_.jpg

Once again... A team is up on the Pats, late 2nd quarter.  Moving the ball.  Suddenly penalty, penalty, punt.  Pats get the ball, pentalty, penalty, 1st and goal they score.  How many of times have we all seen it. The league takes all momentum and drive from one team and gives it to the Pats.  They then get on a roll and win.  

Sure they're good.  Sure they got great coaches. Sure blah blah.  How many games do they win when all the calls go against them?  When was the last time even the majority of calls in a game went against them?  Call it what you want, but the league has done more to help that team than any other team..ever.  Period.  

I'll watch a This is Us marathon in 2 weeks before I watch them handed another win and glorified for cheating and bending every rule possible as the league glosses over the poor officiating.   As you might imagine, I voted yes.

I voted no...they have a great coach (coaches) and a superb QB...however there is definitely a "confirmation bias" that occurs with the refs in  Pats games...kind of taints their victories as they would probably win almost as many games without those questionable calls at critical times and the lack of holding calls on their O line..but its not a conscious effort.