Vote/Question. Is there a conspiracy for the pats to win?

BillsFan130

Is there a conspiracy?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a conspiracy?

7 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Bull****

Have you ever seen any team in Pro sports be able to just throw anyone in their lineup and still come out with the same results every year? Even when Brady is not in the lineup they aren't missing a beat. They go through many stretches where they don't look good, wasn't their defence one of the worst in the league statistically to start the year? Then here they are, rolling their way into the championship again. Almost every team that plays them just happens to forget to keep playing late in a game allowing them to come back and win it? Every play that is challenged in a game goes their way when they need it to. You see calls that get reviewed go their way and its questioned how they could have made that call, then the next week that same thing happens in another game and its called the way it should have been in the Pats game? Has one of their highly successful Co-Ordinators/Coaches went on to do well anywhere else? How many of their players ever leave and continue to play well elsewhere (outside of Garopollo who theres rumors they didn't want to get rid of)

No team can be this dominant just because of a QB and a HC...........

Wouldn’t it be interesting if Jimmy G signed back with the Pats as a free agent?

This is the dumbest thing that people believe.  There were some bad penalty calls, especially the PI... but even without that call, I still think the PATs score a TD on that drive.

The Jags handed the game away because they were too scared to win it.  It's like going against Tiger in his prime.

No.  Best Quarterback ever, best Head Coach ever and constantly operating on the very edge of, if not beyond, the rules.  That is why they win.  Do refs tend to favour successful teams? Yep, it is a natural unconscious bias that happens in many sports and New England get their fair share of calls but it isn't some great conspiracy or a league wide agenda.  The Seahawks and Packers have got a lot of favourable calls in big games in recent years too.  

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No.  Best Quarterback ever, best Head Coach ever and constantly operating on the very edge of, if not beyond, the rules.  That is why they win.  Do refs tend to favour successful teams? Yep, it is a natural unconscious bias that happens in many sports and New England get their fair share of calls but it isn't some great conspiracy or a league wide agenda.  The Seahawks and Packers have got a lot of favourable calls in big games in recent years too.  

We get they are good.  But cheating to get there and having 3 Blind Refs makes it * worthy

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

the bad call that cost JAX the game was Myles Jack strip fumble recovery that was whistled dead. it should have been allowed to continue which  likely would have resulted in a defensive jax TD.

the PI call on Bouye  was correct. he was hand checking, arm baring and body riding him out of bounds.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

It’s not a conspiracy in the sense that there’s a coordinated effort to tilt the field toward the Pats. It’s more like how top NBA athletes get calls that lower profile guys don’t, and are called for fouls at a much lower rate. The difference is that it’s their entire team getting the benefit of the doubt, and often in situations that swing the balance of the game in their favor.

Agree 100%.....yesterdays game was called pretty much even as in the penalties that needed to be called were - face it - Billacheat DRILLS into his players heads to not get penalized.  McCoach is trying to do the same and it is paying off......now if Hughes could understand that.....oh well I digress.....

Go Bills

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We get they are good.  But cheating to get there and having 3 Blind Refs makes it * worthy

They cheat. I don't deny they cheat.  There is no conspiracy from the refs to help them though.  

8 minutes ago, papazoid said:

the bad call that cost JAX the game was Myles Jack strip fumble recovery that was whistled dead. it should have been allowed to continue which  likely would have resulted in a defensive jax TD.

the PI call on Bouye  was correct. he was hand checking, arm baring and body riding him out of bounds.

I don't think it was a fumble.  I think he was down before the ball came loose.  It is not a "catch" he was a runner.... so the ball "moving" is not relevant.  The question is at the point he is down does he still "possess it" and it is pinned to his side to my eyes.  But I agree they should not have whistled the play dead.  The reason they did is the ref who whistled it was ruling down by contact (the right call in my mind) and it was the 2nd ref who came in and ruled fumble by which point the whistle had been blown. A mistake but an understandable one, though I am a proponent for let them play and work it out later.  

Bouye was definite PI.  Not sure why he did it either... he was in a good position... he just needed to keep running his lane and keep his eyes on the ball.  Cooks was squeezed against the boundary there was about a 10% chance he made that play.  

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They cheat. I don't deny they cheat.  There is no conspiracy from the refs to help them though.  

I don't think it was a fumble.  I think he was down before the ball came loose.  It is not a "catch" he was a runner.... so the ball "moving" is not relevant.  The question is at the point he is down does he still "possess it" and it is pinned to his side to my eyes.  But I agree they should not have whistled the play dead.  The reason they did is the ref who whistled it was ruling down by contact (the right call in my mind) and it was the 2nd ref who came in and ruled fumble by which point the whistle had been blown. A mistake but an understandable one, though I am a proponent for let them play and work it out later.  

Bouye was definite PI.  Not sure why he did it either... he was in a good position... he just needed to keep running his lane and keep his eyes on the ball.  Cooks was squeezed against the boundary there was about a 10% chance he made that play.  

I see that fumble sequence as there was a ball knocked loose, no one had possession (that's the key), by the time myles jack had gotten possession, he was not downed by contact.

1 minute ago, papazoid said:

I see that fumble sequence as there was a ball knocked loose, no one had possession (that's the key), by the time myles jack had gotten possession, he was not downed by contact.

I think Lewis was down still with possession.  Jack definitely wasn't touched once he possessed it.  But to me the play was rightly blown dead by the first ref because he thought Lewis was down my contact.  

I don’t think that it is a conspiracy for the Pats to win as much as it is the benefit of the doubt. I have an analogy that I think fits. LeBron gets calls that Omri Casspi doesn’t. He has been good for so long that when it is close it tends to go his way. That happens a lot with the Pats and hurts their opponents. It isn’t an outright conspiracy as much as “50/50” calls become “80/20” calls. Sometimes that has a big impact like it did before the half yesterday. It isn’t a part of some larger plan by the NFL to make good guys vs. bad guys like in the WWE. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that it is a conspiracy for the Pats to win as much as it is the benefit of the doubt. I have an analogy that I think fits. LeBron gets calls that Omri Casspi doesn’t. He has been good for so long that when it is close it tends to go his way. That happens a lot with the Pats and hurts their opponents. It isn’t an outright conspiracy as much as “50/50” calls become “80/20” calls. Sometimes that has a big impact like it did before the half yesterday. It isn’t a part of some larger plan by the NFL to make good guys vs. bad guys like in the WWE. 

Exactly this Kirby.  You articulated it better than I did, though I thought both calls before half were correct.  

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

Only a moron would think the league is fixed. Teams put in way too much time. Add that your questioning the integrity of about 220 refs to go along with it.

In 2 major sports, Soccer and Basketball it has been proven some officials were corrupt. 

I am saying no for a conspiracy, but questioning the officials is very fair especially when it has been proven in other sports that they purposely altered the game

• Like (+1) 1

I would not elevate it to the level of a conspiracy. But yes, there is a not a level playing field. The NFL becomes more like the Old WWF every day. It is a purposeful and obvious choice by the NFL management to favor NE in all decisions for monetary purposes. Brady is the NFL's greatest property and asset. Rules are made and decisions about interpreting those rules are made to protect their best assets. The question will be that when Brady is no longer there, will the Patriots still be favored.

What surprises me is that the other NFL owners really feel their own best interests are being looked out for by this favoritism. Obviously they must feel that ultimately they too come out ahead financially as a result of that favoritism, or they would put a stop to it and look out for their own self interests. I do wonder how they are able to be sold on the fact that it is in their long term self interest to allow it to continue. I would love to be in the know of exactly what they tell them in order to convince those business people to allow it to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

This is what I saw yesterday:

1.  Nearing the two-minute warning (27 minutes of action), the refs had called exactly 2 penalties.  One for each team.  The Jags were up 14-3, and driving yet again. 

2.  After completing another big throw on 3rd down, the refs called delay of game on Bortles.  They did not blow the whistle before the play to kill it dead.  Strange for a delay of game.

3.  On the next play, the refs immediately threw a flag for holding.  Jags got sacked anyway, but the penalty would have taken away anything they may have gotten.

4.  Pats got the ball back with just around 2 minutes.  Two straight penalties, totaling 47 yards to put them at the 13 yard line.  Boom, game is 14-10 instead of 17-3.

5.  No more penalties are called the entire 3rd quarter, and then the first 8 plus minutes of the 4th quarter.  Jags still lead 20-17.

6.  Suddenly, another iffy pass interference penalty puts the Pats into Jags territory.  The defense holds and forces a punt, but the field has been flipped, and Brady has gotten all the assistance he needs.

I watch tons of NFL games every season.  Bad calls happen quite a bit.  There are many times teams get screwed by the refs.

But why does virtually EVERY Patriots game have huge momentum swinging calls/penalties at key points of the game? 

Why do teams always play totally clean for almost an entire game, but then somehow manage a backbreaking holding, PI, illegal contact, etc. penalty that either takes important points away from them, or gifts the Pats important points? 

Not to mention, the clearly BAD CALLS that go in favor of New England.  Just this season, you have the Jenkins/Jets touchdown that was taken away, the Cooks touchdown against the Texans that shouldn't have stood, the James/Steelers touchdown that was taken away.  Not to mention the Benjamin touchdown taken away from us - once again, just before halftime (which is absolutely a KEY POINT in every football game).  So just off the top of my head, I can name 4 regular season games THIS SEASON where the Pats were assisted heavily by the refs.

Tony Romo's shocked and excited tone did not represent the majority of NFL fans yesterday.  I think most of us have seen this story before, and saw the predictable script playing out just like it always does.  When the Jags got up 14-3, I told my wife it wouldn't be long before the refs start getting involved.  At halftime (after my prediction played out perfectly), I told her that the game would remain close in the second half and Brady would lead a winning touchdown drive late in the 4th quarter.  Not sure why I even stuck around to watch it happen.

Edited by mjt328
  • Like (+1) 3