Vote/Question. Is there a conspiracy for the pats to win?

BillsFan130

Is there a conspiracy?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a conspiracy?

Yeah it is what it is at this point.  It is not even worth getting upset about anymore.  I won't go as far as to say the game is rigged, but you could bet the league was dreading a Jacksonville/Minn-Philly super Bowl.  We have been watching this for the past 16 years, the Patriots get the benefit of the calls.  Yesterday's outcome was totally predictable.  In fact I even told my dad when Jacksonville went up 20-10 that the Pats will win it 24-20.  The delay of game call was the right but like a previous poster said, why didn't they just blow it dead.  The first PI was right if the ball was catchable which is highly debateable, the second one was garbage at a critical point of the game.  The biggest thing about this game was the non holding calls.  You could call a holding penalty on every play.  It is of my opinion that the refs are instructed to call holding penalties on the Patriot opponents at critical times in the games.  Holding penalties are drive killers for most teams.  To not call on penalty on NE except for special teams speaks volumes as to where the league is right now. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They cheat. I don't deny they cheat.  There is no conspiracy from the refs to help them though.  

I don't think it was a fumble.  I think he was down before the ball came loose.  It is not a "catch" he was a runner.... so the ball "moving" is not relevant.  The question is at the point he is down does he still "possess it" and it is pinned to his side to my eyes.  But I agree they should not have whistled the play dead.  The reason they did is the ref who whistled it was ruling down by contact (the right call in my mind) and it was the 2nd ref who came in and ruled fumble by which point the whistle had been blown. A mistake but an understandable one, though I am a proponent for let them play and work it out later.  

Bouye was definite PI.  Not sure why he did it either... he was in a good position... he just needed to keep running his lane and keep his eyes on the ball.  Cooks was squeezed against the boundary there was about a 10% chance he made that play.  

I wasn't arguing the fumble.  

I dislike the 1 freaking penalty  when there should have been some.  

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

I wasn't arguing the fumble.  

I dislike the 1 freaking penalty  when there should have been some.  

The fumble response wasn't aimed at you.  

I do think New England gets the benefit of the doubt particularly on offensive holding.... but I think it is unconscious bias rather than conspiracy.  

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have an assignment for anyone that has some time and it will be interesting (and time consuming). Go back over the last however many years and figure this out. Off the top of my head there are 3 things to look for: total penalties on Pats vs. Opposition, yards in both scenarios and how many penalties were on 3rd or 4th down that resulted in a 1st? This needs to be done though ONLY on games that are within 14 points either way. Throw out everything else. That, imo, will tell more of the story than intuition. 

I have one seared in my head..

When the replacement Refs were calling the games the Purtid Pats averaged 6 penalties per game, the same as Buffalo.  The strike ended for the Buffalo Cheaters week.  

Buffalo ~ 10 penalties (4 more than average) and the Putrids  had 2  (4 less than average)

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Jacksonville is a dirty team.  I didn't see any penalties called on them that weren't warranted.  However, I will say that NE got away with some holds on the line.  But other than that, I think they played a very disciplined game and it was one of the difference makers, IMO.

you need to make a gif that rotates your avatars  ...  I can't keep up with which one to look for.  

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do think New England gets the benefit of the doubt particularly on offensive holding.... but I think it is unconscious bias rather than conspiracy.  

agreed 

bias, not conspiracy 

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Jags dBacks are maulers.  They play too handsy and it costs them massive chunks of yardage.  They should have lost to Pitt because of it, and it cost them the game yesterday.   Just unnecessary in most cases, Brady isn't super accurate anymore and they still mauled the receivers.   Poor coaching. 

4 PI calls all year on Jags secondary.

12 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I do think this sort of thing is conceptually very possible, and you most certainly can control the outcome of games, with a fair degree of certainty, simply by controlling a few key calls at critical times in the game.

The question I would have is where is the motive?  Who is going to benefit from the game fixing?  The owners are already billionaires.  Usually the motive is bookies controlling the gambling and they control the game by giving a lot of money to the referee, who is willing to take the bribe b/c the money is much greater than he is making through legitimate means.

Not sure that set of facts lines up with forces surrounding modern NFL play though.

This is exactly why its too plausible.  Vegas is always "right"  'Follow the money hunny'

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am sure it has been mentioned but....

It isn't just the calls on the team opposing NE, it is the non-calls for NE too. NO holding calls yesterday on NE? Give me break.

Football is a game of momentum and it sure is amazing how many times NE benefits from momentum killing penalties on the other team.

Exactly! it doesn't always take a bunch of obvious calls to make a game one sided from the officials, just a missed call here and there and one or two big momentum swings against the opponent or for the Pats*. I am not saying the team isn't talented, but I am saying that they get a bit more than their fair share of assistance from the zebras.

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

4 PI calls all year on Jags secondary.

Not bad for a bunch of handsy maulers. :lol:

12 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Bull****

Have you ever seen any team in Pro sports be able to just throw anyone in their lineup and still come out with the same results every year? Even when Brady is not in the lineup they aren't missing a beat. They go through many stretches where they don't look good, wasn't their defence one of the worst in the league statistically to start the year? Then here they are, rolling their way into the championship again. Almost every team that plays them just happens to forget to keep playing late in a game allowing them to come back and win it? Every play that is challenged in a game goes their way when they need it to. You see calls that get reviewed go their way and its questioned how they could have made that call, then the next week that same thing happens in another game and its called the way it should have been in the Pats game? Has one of their highly successful Co-Ordinators/Coaches went on to do well anywhere else? How many of their players ever leave and continue to play well elsewhere (outside of Garopollo who theres rumors they didn't want to get rid of)

No team can be this dominant just because of a QB and a HC...........

This.  Just look up how many penalties the *pats have in their last few games.  THIS IS OBVIOUS!