Vote/Question. Is there a conspiracy for the pats to win?

BillsFan130

Is there a conspiracy?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a conspiracy?

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Ill buy the “Jordan effect” or other subconscious biases. I don’t think it’s a league directive by any means though. Yes, I think they are favored to a degree though. 

I also think theres some truth to various other factors though.

I think they are a well coached team that gets its players prepped for situations as well as any team in the league. 

I think that fans here are eager to remember the calls the pats get and forgot the calls that go against them. Yes, some go against them and I’d venture most flat remember none. Part of that is they are a good team and still win. Part is people want to believe in the conspiracy.

i think people have started pointing at good calls as proof of bias. When you are so riled up that every call is proof even when it’s the right call — it certainly feels like they are always getting the breaks. 

When you add up a natural bias from refs towards stars, bias of our fans against them, and also them just being really good— things start feeling really skewed when they are probably just a little off kilter 

Very good post

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The best HC of all time with the best QB of all time vs. .......... Doug Marrone and Blake Bortles.

The better team won.

I think it was a pretty evenly played game. Pats seemed to make a few more plays/got a few more calls when it mattered the most.

By no means am I saying the game was rigged as I don't think it was, but it is getting a bit tiring seeing teams racking up huge penalty yardage every game compared to NE's low penalty yardage

Edited by billsfan11

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The best HC of all time with the best QB of all time vs. .......... Doug Marrone and Blake Bortles.

The better team won.

Overall they’re far superior, I agree, but on this particular Sunday they were outgained, dominated in time of possession, and lost the turnover battle to Doug Marrone and Blake Bortles’ team. They weren’t better today and didn’t deserve nearly a field’s worth of penalty yard discrepancy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

By no means am I saying the game was rigged as I don't think it was, but it is getting a bit tiring seeing teams racking up huge penalty yardage every game compared to NE's low penalty yardage

I am.  What a CRAAAAAZZZZYYYY coincidence that it keeps happening to one team at the end of 2nd and 4th quarters.  All you non haters are blind as bats.  When the PEDs hit the fan I'll serve you antibiotic stuffed crow.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I am.  What a CRAAAAAZZZZYYYY coincidence that it keeps happening to one team at the end of 2nd and 4th quarters.  All you non haters are blind as bats.  When the PEDs hit the fan I'll serve you antibiotic stuffed crow.

Sorry that we differ a bit on our opinions. You may very well be right. Just personally don’t believe it

• Like (+1) 1

I have not seen any compelling evidence to suggest NFL games have been rigged.

I do think this sort of thing is conceptually very possible, and you most certainly can control the outcome of games, with a fair degree of certainty, simply by controlling a few key calls at critical times in the game. 

Many big time sports leagues around the world have fallen victim to this and perhaps it is a matter of time before the NFL suffers a similar fiasco.

The question I would have is where is the motive?  Who is going to benefit from the game fixing?  The owners are already billionaires.  Usually the motive is bookies controlling the gambling and they control the game by giving a lot of money to the referee, who is willing to take the bribe b/c the money is much greater than he is making through legitimate means.

Not sure that set of facts lines up with forces surrounding modern NFL play though.

• Like (+1) 1

So, no doubt the pats are really good. 

But I have never, in any sport, seen a team benefit more from officiating than the pats. 

The fumble recovery by Mack should have been a TD. 

He started running after recovering and was blown dead. But the wasn't touched by pats after recovery. 

Should have been been a TD. 

59 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

The PI at the end of the first half was questionable, plus the huge difference in penalties/yardage.

Even before the PI, there was the play when the guy was tackled in bounds (or at least it appeared that way), but the clock was stopped.  Calls like that make a big difference.  

Edited by dulles

54 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They are more talented and better coached and more driven to win than everone else.

that tends to win

Yup.   However, you can't tell me the NFL doesn't badly want it's marquee players and marquee teams playing in the Super Bowl.

It's not exclusive to the NFL.  Does anyone think the NBA wants the Warriors or Cavs upset in the first round of the playoffs?    Think MLB is happy the Yankees are back?