Per Buffalo Fanatics, Bills actively looking to trade Shaq Lawson

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Shaq is an immovable force for edge setting on runs. He repeatedly pushs two blockers like 1 OL+1 RB or 1 OL+1 med TE forward and holds his own if two OL block him.

Why trade him for a conditional 5th or 6th that we all know will be from a team drafting very late in those rounds like they did with KC Philly and LA dumb trades.

Then draft a guy or sign a FA with similar skills to then have as much or more money tied up in cap between the two? STUPID.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe because we need someone who's actually capable of RUSHING THE PASSER?

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

We missed his run defense as the year wore on. Yarbrough routinely got his ass handed to him as he lost his corner. 

Lawson is a bit stiff in the hips and doesn't have a great first step, but he is adequate as a pass rusher as he isn't without athleticism and he's strong at the POA. Until we have a definite upgrade at the position, it makes little sense to get rid of him at this point. 

Lawson is a LOT stiff in the hips and has a terrible first step.   Like as bad as it gets for an NFL DE.

He may have the potential to get better but he wasn't an adequate pass rusher this year.   Scarcely touched a QB all year.  

And fwiw,  he got hurt in the KC game and that was the game where the opposition finally stopped rushing for 200 yards on the Bills every week.     Not saying he isn't a good run defender but for being so good he wasn't very impactful in the worst three game defensive stretch in team history.

The guy who is impactful in run D is Dareus.   Did you see him manhandling first team All Pro David DeCastro yesterday?   

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big C said:

He is, but like Glenn, they are good players with injury concerns. Some dead money comes with a trade, it appears, but I'd think they wouldn't move Clay without getting a decent return.

Not sure Clays dead money really hurts next year. Think he is just about done with the contract let me look

yeah saves nothing unless it is a post june 1 trade. Then saves 4.5M

what a horrible decision to restructure that contract was 

Edited by MAJBobby

• 2 weeks later...

I’m putting this tweet here because it was RTd by Buffalo Fanatics. I don’t know if it has anything to do with Lawson,  but it’s a rumor and this is a rumor type thread so I thought I would bury it here.  No idea what it’s about, or if it’s true, but feel free to wildly speculate I suppose. The account has 50k followers and is based out of Vegas. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m putting this tweet here because it was RTd by Buffalo Fanatics. I don’t know if it has anything to do with Lawson,  but it’s a rumor and this is a rumor type thread so I thought I would bury it here.  No idea what it’s about, or if it’s true, but feel free to wildly speculate I suppose. The account has 50k followers and is based out of Vegas. 

My first instinct when reading this is that Glenn is going to be traded. But, then I don't recall any leaks coming out of OBD under this regime like it was under Whaley & crew. 

I really like Glenn. We could have two very solid to good tackles which is hard to come by in this league nowadays with the lack of development at the college level for the big guys. Glenn was reliable his first 5 seasons. Past two he's missed 15 games. So, I really am about 50/50 on how I feel about trading him. Then it is also not the new year so that can't be it. 

Edited by Captain Murica

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What could it possibly be?

Like CaptnCoke11 said, the trade window doesn't open until march. 

Player news... Kyle retiring? Something with Incognito? A contract extension for someone (Benjamin? Gaines? Kyle?)? That's about all the guesses I have off the top of my head.

If the Bills could land a good pick (3rd rounder I would for sure do it, 4th would be the lowest you could sell for) it wouldn't be a bad move. But if you are going to sell him for a 5th round pick or lower I would rather just try and keep him for another year. It was my biggest gripe with Dareus being traded, they sold low and didn't get anything back for him. I get the argument of sell while you can get something, if he struggles another year you can't get anything for him but I would rather bet on Shaq his third year in the league two years removed from injury than a 5th round or lower prospect. Once you start getting into the 4th round that value/risk proposition becomes more even.

Overall I feel like they are going to ship him out for a 6th round pick which would be a bad move. I hope that they get a higher return than that. I fear that McD and the new administration is interested in having the team be "their" guys a bit too much. 

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

What could it possibly be?

Like CaptnCoke11 said, the trade window doesn't open until march. 

Player news... Kyle retiring? Something with Incognito? A contract extension for someone (Benjamin? Gaines? Kyle?)? That's about all the guesses I have off the top of my head.

I will guess this, or a player extension 

5 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

My first instinct when reading this is that Glenn is going to be traded. But, then I don't recall any leaks coming out of OBD under this regime like it was under Whaley & crew. 

I really like Glenn. We could have two very solid to good tackles which is hard to come by in this league nowadays with the lack of development at the college level for the big guys. Glenn was reliable his first 5 seasons. Past two he's missed 15 games. So, I really am about 50/50 on how I feel about trading him. 

Well, no need to worry right now. they can't trade him until after 4pm on march 14th. 

I agree on Glenn. He was healthy and available until this foot injury. I have no interest in trading him unless it's a really solid haul of assets. 

Plus, Dawkins is far from proven yet. 

Butnifntheyre set on him as LT then move Glenn to RT.

i don't care what side they each play, I just want 2 solid tackles anchoring the line. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I will guess this, or a player extension 

Ah man I hope not. It's going to be a sad day to be a Bills fan the day Kyle retires. Gonna leave quite the hole in leadership on and off the field. 

I really hope he sticks around at least 1 more season (and preferably 2) so he can help groom a replacement (that I assume we will draft this year). 

From the same source:

ScoutFantasy

Tune in tomorrow morning (7-9am eastern) on @SiriusXMFantasy and listen to @DrRoto and @AdamRonis for more details on the upcoming @BuffaloBills breaking player news.

Guess I’ll have to tune into Sirius tomorrow AM! ?

Edited by Heitz

On 1/15/2018 at 3:38 PM, MAJBobby said:

Not sure Clays dead money really hurts next year. Think he is just about done with the contract let me look

yeah saves nothing unless it is a post june 1 trade. Then saves 4.5M

what a horrible decision to restructure that contract was 

Why are people trying to get rid of Clay? He is a serious weapon if he ever is used properly...