More & more Mock Drafts have us taking Rudolph....

BigDingus

16 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Way more athletic than Shelton.  Guy he's compared to most frequently is Ngata.

Ive only seen the bowl game so there is that. Against the Buckeyes I did not see a guy who was especially quick off the snap. He was frequently single teamed and largely neutralized. On a crucial third down conversion attempt they ran right over him. Haven't checked but I assume Ohio State has a good o-line but still I was hoping to see more from him. He's obviously freaky athletic for his size tho. I think I saw him playng special teams covering punts. Maybe he is the next Ngata (who also had his detractors) but I think I'd try for Christian Wilkins instead.

Edited by starrymessenger

4 minutes ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

They are trying to silence free speech here. But they cannot stop the truth the New stadium is being built downtown Buffalo.  67500 sears in retractable dome

Not only obsessively trying to pretend to be on the inside, but now also calling out the Mods - and yet not banned? I'm still too new here to know how things are run around but wow...that's impressive stuff right there.

52 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If the Bills want to fill some holes and not burn their whole draft Rudolph is a candidate for sure. If they can nab him without moving up they very well might. What I don't know is how Beane feels about spending a first and sinking or swimming on a guy who is probably limited as to his ceiling. He would however be an immediate upgrade to what we have been used to seeing and there would be nothing to prevent Beane from picking another QB he might like more next year. I like Mayfield better but if he's 5'10" I have a hard time seeing Beane drafting him, assuming he can. 

Why do you say that.  You don't know what Rudolph's ceiling is & either does anybody else.  Watch the games, the kid is a ball player, has ideal size, moves around but plays within the pocket.  His arm is plenty strong enough.  His intangibles from everything I have read are terrific.  If he is there at 21 I hope the bills take him.  I wouldn't mind his buddy Washington being there at #22 either. 

Edited by Gordio

I don't think we are taking a QB early and here's why:

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Allen (Indy trade with Jets, Broncos, Cards)

3 QB's off the board right off the bat.  We could also have 3 others taken before we even pick (Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph).  Lots of QB needy teams and not enough QB's to go around.  The Bills might take a shot late in round 2 or round 3 on someone like Lock or Falk but i don't think anyone besides the top guys will pan out.  Rosen is my #1 and is by far the most talented.  Everyone else needs work before they start but how often do teams picking at the top let their new prized QB sit and learn?  hardly ever.

i think all signs point to us taking a veteran and then maybe a QB project later on

9 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3 QB's off the board right off the bat.  We could also have 3 others taken before we even pick (Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph).  Lots of QB needy teams and not enough QB's to go around.  The Bills might take a shot late in round 2 or round 3 on someone like Lock or Falk but i don't think anyone besides the top guys will pan out.  Rosen is my #1 and is by far the most talented.  Everyone else needs work before they start but how often do teams picking at the top let their new prized QB sit and learn?  hardly ever.

i think all signs point to us taking a veteran and then maybe a QB project later on

I would be fine with taking the best 5 position players available when in rounds 1-3 with a QB to fight with Peterman in round 4 and a vet placeholder we sign (not trade for) opening the season.

Just now, 13player said:

The bills are high on Mike White at QB from WKU he is going to climb as we get closer to the draft, he should be a first rounder has all the tools but Bills will get him in the second.

He reminds me of Peterman, I can totally see us taking him in the middle rounds and hope on or the other clicks.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I would be fine with taking the best 5 position players available when in rounds 1-3 with a QB to fight with Peterman in round 4 and a vet placeholder we sign (not trade for) opening the season.

yep, and think of all that talent that will fall down the draft due to teams reaching for Qb's.  we might not even have a position player taken until 4

4 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Why do you say that.  You don't know what Rudolph's ceiling is & either does anybody else.  Watch the games, the kid is a ball player, has ideal size, moves around but plays within the pocket.  His arm is plenty strong enough.  His intangibles from everything I have read are terrific.  If he is there at 21 I hope the bills take him.  I wouldn't mind his buddy Washington being there at #22 either. 

You're right. I don't know how high MRs ceiling is. But picking a QB is largely about projecting his skillset to the next level. Only two QBs playing in a system like the one he does have been high picks - David Carr and Patrick Mahomes. And they were only picked where they were because they have elite arm talent. Rudolph does not have that. His arm strength is average by NFL standards. There is nothing really wrong with that. It's good enuf for him to have a career. But it's one of several things that will likely cause him to drop, quite possibly out of the first round. I think he could very well be there when the Bills first pick and I think there is a chance they take him. 

Forget about Washington. The guy you want IMO is his teammate Marcel Ateman. He will be the better pro. 

20 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I think Darnold has the most potential to be a star. I feel he should have waited a year to come out but everything he does in college translates to the NFL. Plus he manipulates the pocket better than any QB coming out all while keeping his eyes downfield. His accuracy is phenomenal. But he does try to force a throw or two each game. 

Not a huge Rosen fan, but I can see why teams are intrigued by him. I just think for a guy that talented, he should have had a better college career.

My 2nd choice is Baker Mayfield. I don’t tag people with “he’s a winner” but this kid obviously has a fire and from just watching the games, you can see how good he is.

I always watch the games and draw from that. Measurables etc don’t usually factor in to my thinking. This is why Allen is a no go for me. Guy makes bad decisions and his accuracy is all over the place. 56% last year and 56.2% this year. Completion percentage doesn’t measure accuracy as we know, but it’s a better tell when it’s bad than when it’s good. Especially for a guy deemed as a top prospect.

Watch the games. That’s where you’ll see who can play.

I agree.

I really like Mayfield. I think he has the "it" factor and he wants to be great. He genuinely loves football, and his team mates respect him.

Darnold has all the tools, but his decision making worries me. He turns the ball over a lot, either with interceptions or poor ball security in the pocket. He needs to clean all that up if he wants to be successful. I see a lot of parallels to Matt Stafford who has also always had ball security problems.

Rosen worries me. He seems like a piece of work who no one likes. I don't think that level of entitlement will fly in the NFL. I don't think he has the mental make up to be a successful NFL QB. As you said, for all the tools he has, why didn't he play better? 

Past that I think you're throwing darts at a board. I don't see much to think any of the other guys are more than a long shot of being successful. 

12 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

It is also possible they take a QB that nobody (or almost nobody) is talking about.     Maybe a guy who is not from a popular school but they believe has all the tools.    And maybe they even trade down and still get him.    Or perhaps the take LB or DE or DT with first two picks and get their guy in the second.

I just hope they are able to get the guy they really want.

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Guys, Rudolph could be the next Aaron Rodgers. Please forgive me for the comparisons first impression and understand that I mean the knocks against him. 

For all all intents and purposes, Rudolph has the arm strength, leadership, accuracy, and size and athleticism to succeed in the NFL. 

So what’s the knock? Same as it was with Rodgers... ‘He doesn’t play under center.’ ‘It’s a simplistic offense that puts up video game numbers.’ ‘He’s not required to read the field.’ I’ve even heard the oh-so-damning claim that his hands are small. 

Hes a senior or who has gotten better every year and won a ton of games. I won’t be through the roof if he’s our guy but I’ll be cautiously optimistic. 

Have an oat soda on me. I'm a Rudolph fan myself.

Guys, Rudolph could be the next Aaron Rodgers. Please forgive me for the comparisons first impression and understand that I mean the knocks against him. 

For all all intents and purposes, Rudolph has the arm strength, leadership, accuracy, and size and athleticism to succeed in the NFL. 

So what’s the knock? Same as it was with Rodgers... ‘He doesn’t play under center.’ ‘It’s a simplistic offense that puts up video game numbers.’ ‘He’s not required to read the field.’ I’ve even heard the oh-so-damning claim that his hands are small. 

Hes a senior or who has gotten better every year and won a ton of games. I won’t be through the roof if he’s our guy but I’ll be cautiously optimistic. 

Wow

If we take Mason Rudolph in round 1 I’m gonna be so sad but hope for the best.  Please don’t do it McBeane.  Earliest if be ok taking him is rd 3-4.  I know that s a reach but he may slip.  Lots of QBs projected 1st rd slip to the later rds unexpectedly.  He a project imo. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Wow

Please understand I don’t mean in his future NFL success as much as I mean the reasons he’s being overlooked. Same things were said about Rodgers. I am NOT saying he’ll definitley be as good as Rodgers. 

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Colts at 3 and Browns at 4 both seem ripe for a trade up.  If the Giants aren't sold on one of the QBs, I'd have to believe they are open for a trade as well.  The big question would likely be if the Bills have enough other ammunition to overcome only dropping to 5 or 6 from the Broncos or Jets.

Realistically we can give up #21 / #22 / 2019 1st and one of our 2018 2nds and only be "out" the 2019 1st.  Is that better than #5 or #6, plus a 2019 1st from a potentially worse team plus another later pick?

God I wish we had traded with Houston instead of Kansas City....

I wish we hadn't traded at all and had taken Mahomes ourself.

Aaron Rodgers only red flag was playing for Tedford and Kyle Boller busted.  He has similar size and arm talent.  If Rudolph had that kind of arm with his size he would be the top qb.