More & more Mock Drafts have us taking Rudolph....

BigDingus

7 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If they take Mason Rudolph over Denzel Ward, Calvin Ridley or Vita Vea, I quit.

34 year old Alex Smith in a contract year is not worth a 2nd round pick, bottom line.

QB > position players 

you can keep your Gilmore’s and Dareus’s and   Whitner’s and Mckelvin’s 

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-josh-rosen-to-broncos-colts-grab-saquon-barkley/

#21 Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. Rudolph checks the experience and production boxes Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane like, and they don't have to trade up to get him. He'll have to learn the footwork that's needed when taking snaps from under center, but he's a pocket quarterback first who refined his game in his last season in Stillwater.

#22 Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA. Davenport has all the tools to be a consistent havoc-wreaker off the edge, and Buffalo needs to bolster it's pass-rush. The University of Texas at San Antonio product isn't very raw, either. In college, he displayed a wide variety of counter moves to get to the quarterback, and he's a long, twitchy athlete.

Ugh...I really hope this isn't the case. Not in the first round at least. Here's another one from a little earlier -. http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/13/2018-nfl-mock-draft-updated-4-round-projections-heading-into-week-15/3/

21. Buffalo Bills | Mason Rudolph | QB | Oklahoma State

Tyrod Taylor doesn’t look like the long-term answer for the Bills at quarterback, and the early returns aren’t promising on Nate Peterman. A bit of a reach this early, Rudolph is big, athletic and talented, but needs more polish and consistency.

And another one - https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/nfl-mock-draft-2018-first-round-projections-top-players-2018-nfl-draft-order-january-10

And yet another - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752231-2018-nfl-mock-draft-top-prospects-and-1st-round-projections-before-playoffs (although they have us picking at 26?)

I do like that a lot of them have us taking his buddy James Washington, but do we really need to spend a 1st rounder on a WR when we don't have a QB? I'd rather us take a linemen over a WR with either of our first 2 picks... I mean we have 2 former #1 WR's of other teams in Matthews & Benjamin, plus we spent a 2nd on James Har...I mean Zay Jones. 

Anyway, if there's one QB I hope we don't take in the 1st round it's Mason Rudolph, and all these mock drafts have me worried.

When has a mock draft ever been correct past the first few picks?

6 hours ago, the skycap said:

This is the reason I'm not in love with Mason Rudolph. Same problem as Tyrod. He doesn't pull the trigger.

I don’t watch much college ball so I appreciate the insight. 

But....

it it looks like the WR  makes it an in-route once mason moves and would have been a post down the deep middle. Scanning out (mich the narrator scans in) the in route is reasonably blanketed with a LB close by, and what looks like the safety above in single high coverage.

To me it looks like good coverage and blitzing with a a tiny bit of shoulda woulda coulda 

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Rudolph falling to us at #21 would be a miracle sent by the football gods. To get a qb of that potential and keep all of our draft picks... well, that could just turn this franchise right around.

I think this would be ideal.

9 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Colts at 3 and Browns at 4 both seem ripe for a trade up.  If the Giants aren't sold on one of the QBs, I'd have to believe they are open for a trade as well.  The big question would likely be if the Bills have enough other ammunition to overcome only dropping to 5 or 6 from the Broncos or Jets.

Realistically we can give up #21 / #22 / 2019 1st and one of our 2018 2nds and only be "out" the 2019 1st.  Is that better than #5 or #6, plus a 2019 1st from a potentially worse team plus another later pick?

God I wish we had traded with Houston instead of Kansas City....

Don't forget Cordy Glenn.  Including him could save the Bills giving away one of those picks.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

QB > position players 

you can keep your Gilmore’s and Dareus’s and   Whitner’s and Mckelvin’s 

If the QB winds up being able play.  If he can't the position player who can is better than a QB who can't.

7 hours ago, purple haze said:

If the QB winds up being able play.  If he can't the position player who can is better than a QB who can't.

If the position players wind up being able to play. If they can't then taking a shot at the most important position in the game is better.

See how this goes 'round and 'round? All of those position players can bust as well. This franchise MUST get serious about drafting and developing a QB, or there is no point in even playing.