Meet the Bills two 1st round picks!!

Tatonka68

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

By the way, James Washington is being projected as a mid round prospect, possibly in the 4th.  So why is he going to be our 2nd first round pick?  

So you predict we are going to use 2 first round picks on a QB more likely to go in the 2nd and a 3rd/4th round graded WR?

Who is "projecting" he is a mid round prospect. Two blind guys who live in their mommy's basement. 

Remember when Philip Rivers was criticized for his herky-jerky throwing motion that was quasi-side arm?? How'd that work out?

I don't understand people who say that Rudolph's arm isn't good enough....I've seen enough video - absent the one posted by the OP - that showed his arm is plenty strong enough for the NFL. Now, in this video, you see him throwing the ball routinely 50 yards at a time....with relative ease. You also see several "tight window" throws that require more zip than distance, and he makes those....does THAT make him a qualified NFL starter? No....

But when you look at his resume in its total, and you look at the game film, hard to think he's not well worth a late 1st round pick. He checks all the boxes....and yes, college spread Offense, but that has been the knock on several QBs and you can't blame the kid for type of Offense. He will need to work and learn how to take snaps under center and learn an NFL Offense, but when you look at his production, look at his progression and growth over 3 years as a starter, and then see videos like this one and others, you take the kid at 21 and don't look back....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

??? Crazy talk. Rudolph is a current 2nd to 3rd round pick. He may be able to go in the 1st if a team falls in love and reaches for him.

Well I don;t know that... Again can only find marginal reasoning to why he would fall out of the 1st. As the socuting reports cvome out and discussions get more involved I'll be better prepared to make that judgement

20 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Who is "projecting" he is a mid round prospect. Two blind guys who live in their mommy's basement. 

I dont know enough about him other than I know who he is and seen some highlights, but didn't really watch them play this year much so I had looked him up to learn more.  First site had him listed as the 12th WR in the draft and the other site I didn't realize the other site I read was an early projection from before the season. But after going back and looking at some other sites, they seem to have him commonly ranked as 1 through 5 at WR, so I can see how he can have first round potential now and deleted my previous comment.  But here is the comments from the one that came on 12/30/17.

Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.  
Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 
Projected Round (2018): 3-5. 

12/30/17: Washington caught 74 passes for 1,549 yards with 13 touchdowns in 2017. He is a deep-threat receiver with a lot of production in his college spread attack, which takes advantage of a lot of weak defenses.  

Some team sources told me they graded Washington as a mid-rounder for the 2018 NFL Draft. The senior has a running back's build and is not really twitchy. He is deceptively fast, but that is build-up speed rather than first-step explosiveness. Sources also say that Washington has good hands, but doesn't really make players miss after the catch. One team source said they graded Washington as a late fourth-rounder. 

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Jackson =Taylor or RG3 3.0. 

Impossible to know if he will be able to learn and read NFL defenses. But can tell you Jackson is light years better athlete than Tyrod. And in my opinion injury and attitude cost RG3 a long pro career. Jackson is the best pure athlete I've seen at the position since Vick. Would feel much better about drafting him first round than Rudolph who is a system guy I'm not sure is better than Peterman. 

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont know enough about him other than I know who he is and seen some highlights, but didn't really watch them play this year much so I had looked him up to learn more.  First site had him listed as the 12th WR in the draft and the other site I didn't realize the other site I read was an early projection from before the season. But after going back and looking at some other sites, they seem to have him commonly ranked as 1 through 5 at WR, so I can see how he can have first round potential now and deleted my previous comment.  But here is the comments from the one that came on 12/30/17.

Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.  
Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 
Projected Round (2018): 3-5. 

12/30/17: Washington caught 74 passes for 1,549 yards with 13 touchdowns in 2017. He is a deep-threat receiver with a lot of production in his college spread attack, which takes advantage of a lot of weak defenses.  

Some team sources told me they graded Washington as a mid-rounder for the 2018 NFL Draft. The senior has a running back's build and is not really twitchy. He is deceptively fast, but that is build-up speed rather than first-step explosiveness. Sources also say that Washington has good hands, but doesn't really make players miss after the catch. One team source said they graded Washington as a late fourth-rounder. 

I tend to agree with the italicized part. Marcel Ateman will measure in around 6'4" and 220 pounds. He's faster than Washington (projects sub 4.5) and has good hands. Cannot imagine why anyone would grade Washington ahead of MA. Oh and the Bills seem to like big boy WRs. Marcel can play outside. Move Zay to the slot where he can thrive (eventually).

Edited by starrymessenger

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Would be cool don't  know much about Washington.. Pretty sure Rudolph will be long gone before we pick or we'd have to use both 1sts and then some to move up and get him

I don't think Rudolph is going in the 1st round at all. He's a 2nd round pick at best, but I wouldn't be surprised if he slipped lower.

People are high if they think Mayfield is anything like Manziel. 

They must forget how every week there was a new "controversy" or social media post of him doing something stupid before entering the league. He was a non-stop party machine, posted pics with celebrities throwing money around, and was constantly looking like he cared more about fame than football.

Mayfield is actually dedicated to the game, and isn't obsessed with being some Hollywood cliche.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Oh and the Bills seem to like big boy WRs.

The reason Tyrod doesn't complete the long bomb anymore is the coaches changed the WR style to fit Tyrod's abilities.

Tyrod takes all day to read the Defense and throw the ball.

We din't need small speed guys like Marquis Goodwin and Sammy Watkins when Tyrod is the QB.

We needed big, sloooow guys that Tyrod can find when they turn to him and wave their hands.

2 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

Why do so many not want Rudolph as our future QB?  Seems pretty solid overall to me!

The QB we don't want is Lamar Jackson.  College QB who will not be successful in the NFL.  He is a runner first and not very accurate in the tough matchups. 

Josh Allen was crap every time I saw him.

4 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

The reason Tyrod doesn't complete the long bomb anymore is the coaches changed the WR style to fit Tyrod's abilities.

We din't need small speed guys like Marquis Goodwin and Sammy Watkins when Tyrod is the QB.

We needed big, sloooow guys that Tyrod can find when they turn to him and wave their hands.

Unless they changed the receivers to all be 7'6 and have a 5 foot vertical, he'd still over throw them far out of bounds on every attempt.

4 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

Marcel Ateman is big and fast. Have you're cake and eat it too. Of course I wouldn't say no to say Calvin Ridley or a smaller speed merchant who can take the top off a defence and who can run routes. I want upgrades at the position tho and I have no idea how the braintrust has prioritized their board, and I include QB in that.

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Would be cool don't  know much about Washington.. Pretty sure Rudolph will be long gone before we pick or we'd have to use both 1sts and then some to move up and get him

Rudolph should be there.

The WR that I really like in this draft is AudenTate, I hope we can get him with a 2nd rd pick.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

He might be available in the 3rd with how his mechanics are and the fact he is a spread system QB that scouts do not like

Perhaps.  His mechanics are different.  For some reason his throwing motion reminds me a lot of Philip Rivers.  He certainly shows pretty good accuracy on deep throws from what I’ve seen.

1 hour ago, Floydboy12 said:

Impossible to know if he will be able to learn and read NFL defenses. But can tell you Jackson is light years better athlete than Tyrod. And in my opinion injury and attitude cost RG3 a long pro career. Jackson is the best pure athlete I've seen at the position since Vick. Would feel much better about drafting him first round than Rudolph who is a system guy I'm not sure is better than Peterman. 

"Athlete" QB's usually flop, would not draft Jackson in the 7th round. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think you meant 

I could of thrown that pass. Give me a break.

Edited by Tatonka68