Meet the Bills two 1st round picks!!

Tatonka68

57 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think he might be available in the second round.

hard to call at this point.. Guess as the socuting reports get more detailed and clear up we'll know. Average arm and QB friendly system is the knocks on him...

I assumed he's a 1st rounder based on the internet alone..

8 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I am thinking Rudolph is a 2nd rounder at best. I do not get why some like him so much.

At this point I don't quite understand the dislike. Average arm and QB friendly system are the knocks

35 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

How do you know what his arm strength is? Like Mayfield has a cannon right? Jeeeze!

Relax. We know by watching him play and we know from the scouting reports. He doesn't make NFL type throws in his offensive system. He will have a lot to prove to scouts before the draft

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you just comparing them because they are the same skin color?

Nope, neither can read a defense like Warren Moon or Deshaun Watson. Watson is the bomb. Sucks we passed on him. 

Edited by Tatonka68

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You just compared him to two other black QB's now from two different eras.

Talent bridges thru different eras. It's very early to say but I think Watson will be as good as Moon.

Edited by Tatonka68

Why is Mayfield compared to Johnny football? Mayfield is known for being an insanely hard worker, a walk on who became a 3 time Heisman finalist and 1 time winner, and he is a true leader loved by teammates and coaches. Johnny was despised by teammates, was lazy as heck and coasted by on talent. So where do the comparisons come from?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Would be cool don't  know much about Washington.. Pretty sure Rudolph will be long gone before we pick or we'd have to use both 1sts and then some to move up and get him

Unless Mason has a huge combine, I think there is little chance he will go before our pick and could be on the board into the 2nd.

I dislike reaching for a player, simply because you think you need to fill the position.  I believe that every quarterback in the draft this year has their flaws and that there isn't a clear question like the year that Wentz and Goff were drafted 1-2 and really could have gone in any order.  Starting with Mason Rudolph, he put up good college stats in a system that was extremely QB friendly.  He is a statue though.  225 rushing attempts for 31 yards does not impress.  I've seen him rated the #1 QB prospect at the top end and the #8 QB prospect on the other end.  I will immediately discount Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.  If your college completion percentage is less than 60%, that's a red flag for me in the pros.  At least Jackson can scramble, but then again so can Tyrod.  Sam Darnold doesn't strike me as anything more than the next coming of Matt Leinart, except for the fact that Leinart's college numbers were better across the board.  Josh Rosen doesn't jump off the board for me either.  Nothing monumentally impressive about him.  Then there's Baker Mayfield.  Best completion percentage.  Best TD/INT ration.  Can run a little bit as well.  His knock is his size.  At 6-1, is he going to be any better than Tyrod at seeing his downfield targets?  Like others, I would take the receiver in a heartbeat, but probably wait until the 2nd round for a QB unless one of these six guys really jumps off the page before the draft.

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Why is Mayfield compared to Johnny football? Mayfield is known for being an insanely hard worker, a walk on who became a 3 time Heisman finalist and 1 time winner, and he is a true leader loved by teammates and coaches. Johnny was despised by teammates, was lazy as heck and coasted by on talent. So where do the comparisons come from?

They come from people who dont really know anything about either player.  There is literally no similarities between the two other than Baker had a couple of immature off field things.  They literally couldn't be any different as players and prospects though.

I would also add that Manziel also coasted on throwing jump balls to Mike Evans who is the REAL talent that made Johnny look like he had talent.  I hated Manziel as a prospect, I kept saying over and over again he is nothing without Evans.  He had only 2 real weapons...Evans, who he wasn't going to have in the NFL and his scronny legs to scramble, which were not going to be enough in the NFL nor hold up.  

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes I know but I just found it pretty funny that of all QB's to go back to from the 80's-90's.....you chose Warren Moon. 

He was one of my favorites. Threw laser beams. Was on a team that choked though.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Would be cool don't  know much about Washington.. Pretty sure Rudolph will be long gone before we pick or we'd have to use both 1sts and then some to move up and get him

??? Crazy talk. Rudolph is a current 2nd to 3rd round pick. He may be able to go in the 1st if a team falls in love and reaches for him.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Unless Mason has a huge combine, I think there is little chance he will go before our pick and could be on the board into the 2nd.

Well if its determined his arm strength is better than anticipated he will move up fast. The only other knock on him that I can find is he played ina QB friendly non-NFL type of system in College

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Run the spread offense then. Don't tell me it doesn't work, spread is much like K-Gun offense. His "mechanics" look pretty damn good to me in video. LOL

Spread is much like the KGun? Can’t agree with that.