Why the Peterman hate

BBills88

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bortles benefited from the leagues #2 overall defense. Taylor played with the leagues 21st overall defense. How are they basically the same thing?

I'd give Blake leadership points the way he put the offense that could do nothing on his back and get those big gains on the running plays. There's more to leadership than gaudy stats.

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Are you eligible for the PS after you have a full NFL accrued season and were on the active gameday roster for 16 games?

Practice squad eligibility makes my head hurt, but AFAIK the answer is "it depends".  Up to 4 PS players can now have 2 accrued NFL seasons.

I don't understand all the "cut Peterman" talk any more than I understand the talk that he'll be the Bills starter next year.  I understand he shows a good QB room memory and understanding of the plays which is why the coaches like him.  If he hits the gym hard and beefs up his arm strength and watches a lot of film from QB with good decision making, he may improve a lot in the off season.  Draft a QB, bring in the best quality FA we can, we need arms through camp anyway.  Either he improves and wins out over someone, or he's gone. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

19 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Kid needs to work on his arm strength. People have developed it before, but the majority of his picks are because the ball didn't have the proper zip for a deep out.

That's my biggest concern. HE sees the right pass but cannot hit it in the NFL. Not the first guy to find out his arm doesn't convert.

The floating balls over the middle are bad too but those can be fixed. 

6 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

He set a record for most INTs in a half, not a very good sign and I never thought he was a good QB even at the collegiate level, let alone the NFL. I think he will be out of the league in less than 5 years.

He proved to be a bad backup.

Doesn't mean you cut him this off-season but he enters camp next year fighting for a roster spot. If the Bills sign two QBs, which they almost certainly will, Peterman is unlikely to return. 

8 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

Brady, as everyone knows was a 6th rd. pick. Prescott was a fourth rd. pick. Joe Montana was a third rd. pick presumably ,because he had a weak arm. all of you  pseudo GM's  know for a fact that Peterman has a weak arm because one you put it on the board. The rest of you, like lemmings picked up on it , so it must be true. I say wait until next year to see how it sorts out. you may be surprised.

Happy to be wrong on Peterman but you as recently as a 2015 article I found, 20 out of 32 starting QBs in the NFL were qb picks 1-3. Not ROUNDS 1-3, qb picks 1-3. Top QB talent matters. Can the experts be wrong? Sure. But it is the exception not the norm. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

10 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Right.  I'm sure the coaches will demote him to the PS or just cut him, for after 1 rookie season and about 1 game he's surely proven he serves no purpose as you say. 

......unfortunately, that is the definition of a CAREER according to the TBD "One 'n Done Gang"......guess you didn't see the thread declaring the Peterman ERA over.....

Rough start for him, but he has shown flashes of very good throws and very good anticipation. He may be just too aggressive for his arm strength so  I would think with a full offseason and more training he should be better next year.

Have a competition next year in training camp and lets see what happens, but Peterman should not be a reason not to draft or acquire a FA QB.

If Tyrod is cut or traded we will only have 1 QB on the roster so we are likely going to have to sign at least 2 QBs maybe 3 for camp.

• Like (+1) 1

If Peterman starts next year, this team might win 3 games, the coaching staff will lose the lockerroom and potentially get fired, and all of his supporters will, more likely than not, turn on him rather quickly.

The live game is way too fast for him, at this point in his development, and his throwing windows close to quickly due to his lack of arm strength. His ceiling isn't high, and he still needs time to develop. Hence the impatience with those who want to see him developed. 

18 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

Thats exactly my point, because so many here tout Tyrod as "leading his team" in which is basically the same thing.

I give Bortles credit and Alex Smith and Goff and Hotrod.

Even if you think the QB didn't do much, as we have seen, a QB can certainly screw it up.  the fact that he got all the calls, took every snap, and didn't fug it up gets

18 hours ago, JPP said:

Tyrod did not lead the 2017 Bills...unfortunately....I was rooting for him...but....it is what it is......time to turn the corner and i think get an FA (keenum or smith hopefully.....moreso keenum im thinking) and get draftee QB...but i think still make your offence RUN priority......I hope mccoy stays put.....

Just out of curiosity.  what if we can't get smith or Keenum or Cousins?  Theres likely to be a lot of competition from teams like Denver, Jets, Cardinals, Jaguars, Washington, We have not fared so well in these FA QB bidding wars in the past. 

Are you prepared to go into next year with a rookie and a sub average vet like say Fitz or Matt Moore and Nasty Nate?  Could come to that if we dump Hotrod come hell or high water.

Things can always get worse.

Don't forget, we're not in the drought anymore and are a defending playoff team.

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I give Bortles credit and Alex Smith and Goff and Hotrod.

Even if you think the QB didn't do much, as we have seen, a QB can certainly screw it up.  the fact that he got all the calls, took every snap, and didn't fug it up gets

Just out of curiosity.  what if we can't get smith or Keenum or Cousins?  Theres likely to be a lot of competition from teams like Denver, Jets, Cardinals, Jaguars, Washington, We have not fared so well in these FA QB bidding wars in the past. 

Are you prepared to go into next year with a rookie and a sub average vet like say Fitz or Matt Moore and Nasty Nate?  Could come to that if we dump Hotrod come hell or high water.

Things can always get worse.

Don't forget, we're not in the drought anymore and are a defending playoff team.

In a perfect scenario i would like to have Smith or Keenum or Cousins which i think is completely not going to happen in anyway shape or form......No i would not be pleased if our only options in FA would be Fitz (seen that movie already and it gets very old 6-7 years later) or Moore....if no other viable option than obviously you keep Taylor and move up and get a QB in the draft.....however if Dennision stays than its completely redundant to keep Taylor....would make no sense whatsoever...Taylor regressed considerably last season i believe due to the different scheme and things he was asked to do by dennison as well as Watkins getting cut.....so to keep him under same conditions as in 2017 Dennison is pretty much a guarantee failure.

Just now, JPP said:

In a perfect scenario i would like to have Smith or Keenum or Cousins which i think is completely not going to happen in anyway shape or form......No i would not be pleased if our only options in FA would be Fitz (seen that movie already and it gets very old 6-7 years later) or Moore....if no other viable option than obviously you keep Taylor and move up and get a QB in the draft.....however if Dennision stays than its completely redundant to keep Taylor....would make no sense whatsoever...Taylor regressed considerably last season i believe due to the different scheme and things he was asked to do by dennison as well as Watkins getting cut.....so to keep him under same conditions as in 2017 Dennison is pretty much a guarantee failure.

I agree. I hope he doesn't try to pigeon hole the next QB into his "system" that he's not a fit for.

I would really like to see us fire Rico and hire Coach McDermott's first choice Mike McCoy.  First day on the job I tell him "go build us an offense suited to Hotrod like you did for Denver and Teblow." The guy has a track record of success doing this.  The polar opposite of Rico.