Why the Peterman hate

BBills88

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

C’mon man...  the level of ineptitude on display with him exceeds ej Manuel, losman, Edwards, Johnson, certainly anything we’ve seen from TT...

hes got to work on everything... everything...

and thx Bills for great season... be pissed you didn’t win- get better 

Well if the coaches and front office agree with you, then for sure they'll cut him soon.  Otherwise why would they invest another minute in him if he's as bad as the other guys you mention?  If he's still on the roster after the draft then obviously those that get paid to evaluate him disagree with you. 

Edited by keepthefaith

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

C’mon man...  the level of ineptitude on display with him exceeds ej Manuel, losman, Edwards, Johnson, certainly anything we’ve seen from TT...

hes got to work on everything... everything...

and thx Bills for great season... be pissed you didn’t win- get better 

The histrionics here are impressive. 

If Peterman is inept at throwing the football, then what exactly is Taylor? Because he's run one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL for the entirety of his career as a starter. 

45 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Waaayyyyyyy  too soon to make that assessment. 

How many picks and sad performances does one get?

I don't "hate" Nasty Nate". He's just not very good.

We're trying to win. We don't have time to hand hold young QBs hoping someday he might be good.

Edited by reddogblitz

44 minutes ago, Rise Up Lights said:

I don't think you can rule someone out after about 4 quarters of football. He's been thrust into some pretty tough situations. I'm ok with going into next season with him competing for the starting spot. I think he could be serviceable in this league. 

I don't want this to sound like i'm ragging on Peterman, but what do you base that statement on? It can't be on his performances?

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Name one game Hotrod has been as bad in as Nasty Nate has.

Today, 1st pats game 2017, 2nd pats game 2016, Saints game, Panthers game, Ravens game, Steelers game and on and on and on.  

59102832-8C81-43E5-9CE4-2BAF96A69608.jpeg

Edited by Teddy KGB

He threw for 56 yards in a blowout once. At home.

Then a few weeks later he threw for 64 yards against Tom Brady. Also at home.

At least when the rookie is throwing picks, you know he's trying to make a play. Tyrod's just trying to keep his interception percentage as low as possible.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

How many picks and sad performances does one get?

Tell 'em! Taylor for the HOF because he's a 7 year veteran who has a slight advantage over a 5th round rookie. 

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I don't want this to sound like i'm ragging on Peterman, but what do you base that statement on? It can't be on his performances?

I would say I think there's hope because of his anticipation and pocket presence. I think he has good accuracy. Those traits, imo, are the 3 most important for an NFL QB. I like how he challenges the defense and I like his aggressiveness. I don't think he was adjusted to the speed of the NFL and hasn't figured out the timing with his receivers and is still figuring out what he can and can't do.   I'm not saying I'm ready to roll with him as a penciled in starter for next season. I just feel he possesses some quality attributes they are worth building the rest of his skill set around. I would be ok with allowing him to be a part of the qb competition next season and if he is the guy, I'm ok with it. But just my personal opinion on it,  I think he could end up being a pretty decent quarterback and is an option I'd like to explore. He's a smart kid and after the learning curve, I think he'll be worth it. 

9 minutes ago, Rise Up Lights said:

I would say I think there's hope because of his anticipation and pocket presence. I think he has good accuracy. Those traits, imo, are the 3 most important for an NFL QB. I like how he challenges the defense and I like his aggressiveness. I don't think he was adjusted to the speed of the NFL and hasn't figured out the timing with his receivers and is still figuring out what he can and can't do.   I'm not saying I'm ready to roll with him as a penciled in starter for next season. I just feel he possesses some quality attributes they are worth building the rest of his skill set around. I would be ok with allowing him to be a part of the qb competition next season and if he is the guy, I'm ok with it. But just my personal opinion on it,  I think he could end up being a pretty decent quarterback and is an option I'd like to explore. He's a smart kid and after the learning curve, I think he'll be worth it. 

I agree that he has a lot of upside.  C'mon, he hasn't been given a good look this year.  Maybe he is terrible like EJ, JP, Rob, and Trent;  but those guys played in a lot of games and their flaws were became obvious.  We don't know what we have with him yet.  I'm sure he'll be here next year, and he could even be the starter at some point.

28 minutes ago, klos63 said:

The fact that he's only played roughly 4 1/2 non-consecutive quarters of professional football -- 2 of which were in a historic and never-before-seen blizzard, 2 were against an epic pass rush in his first start, and then a few minutes here and there, including going in cold to a potentially game-winning last-minute drive in the first Bills playoff game in 17 years. 

All in all, despite the limited playing time I'd say it was an eventful season for the rookie. However, none of that really allowed for any sort of real evaluation. 

If you have a chance, go take a look at some of the rookie year performances of some of big name QBs out there. You probably would have written off a young QB named Brett Favre, who only completed two passes in his rookie season for the Atlanta Falcons -- both of them to the Washington Redskins. 

Of course, Peterman is not the next Favre. 

But you can't pass a final judgement on NP's career after a handful of appearances in his rookie year. He did some good things, too. The Colts game was uncharted territory for everyone involved, and he played great -- especially considering it came after the Chargers mess. He could have easily packed it in after that, but came back and played very well in the snow. 

28 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm all for playing the best player at every position.

Well, your mans TT made a strong case that maybe he wasn't on multiple occasions this season.