Pick one to stay, TT or Dennison.

Roundybout

Who stays and who goes to the pit of misery (dilly dilly)  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who stays?

• Keep TT. Dennison to the Pit of Misery!
    • Keep Dennison. TT to the Pit of Misery!
    • Popular Request! Can 'Em Both!

I'm not sure if TT or Dennison is to blame for our sad offense, but it looks like at least one is going. 

Let's say you are Sean/Brandon, and you are deciding who gets the axe. 

On one hand, this offense is in no way suited to a west coast, quick passing scheme that Dennision has imposed. Tyrod was (moderately) successful under Lynn and Roman, where he could dance around and make big plays with his feet or arm. Dennison was not McD's first (or second) choice, and he never really has called plays before. He's old, which means that there is not much room for him to change his style around the players. Tyrod's weapons have also been suspect, with O'Leary and Thompson dropping balls all day long, for example.  Tyrod's rushing ability is also second to none. 

On the other hand, Tyrod seems to have reached his limit. Dennison has shown some solid ability to draw up drives. His opening drives have been really nice, such as in the first Patriots game (this is the first that came to mind). Another example was the play where TT got hurt. Dennison sent several receivers out on crossing and slant routes, and Tyrod was not willing to pull the trigger (I don't have a screenshot at the moment, but I recall plainly seeing Clay and Zay streaking across the middle). Tyrod is terrified to throw the ball in tight windows (or even slim ones), which is needed in an offense like this. Peterman showed ability to do so even today. Tyrod also will be on his FOURTH coordinator if Dennison is fired. That's a troubling trend. 

So, who stays and who goes? 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I'm not sure if TT or Dennison is to blame for our sad offense, but it looks like at least one is going. 

Let's say you are Sean/Brandon, and you are deciding who gets the axe. 

On one hand, this offense is in no way suited to a west coast, quick passing scheme that Dennision has imposed. Tyrod was (moderately) successful under Lynn and Roman, where he could dance around and make big plays with his feet or arm. Dennison was not McD's first (or second) choice, and he never really has called plays before. He's old, which means that there is not much room for him to change his style around the players. Tyrod's weapons have also been suspect, with O'Leary and Thompson dropping balls all day long, for example.  Tyrod's rushing ability is also second to none. 

On the other hand, Tyrod seems to have reached his limit. Dennison has shown some solid ability to draw up drives. His opening drives have been really nice, such as in the first Patriots game (this is the first that came to mind). Another example was the play where TT got hurt. Dennison sent several receivers out on crossing and slant routes, and Tyrod was not willing to pull the trigger (I don't have a screenshot at the moment, but I recall plainly seeing Clay and Zay streaking across the middle). Tyrod is terrified to throw the ball in tight windows (or even slim ones), which is needed in an offense like this. Peterman showed ability to do so even today. Tyrod also will be on his FOURTH coordinator if Dennison is fired. That's a troubling trend. 

So, who stays and who goes? 

Do we have to pick one?

TT with 3 Offensive Coordinators in 3 Seasons.  Condensed Playbooks.  Benched twice.  Missed 3 games to injury.  5 games with 0 Touchdowns of any kind in offense and that was in 2017.

other options now please

stick with Dennison if have to pick.  Can’t rely on Andy Dalton every season.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 2

Would keep Dennison.  Someone in a different thread was posting screenshots showing receivers open and Tyrod unwilling/unable to throw to them.   That tells me that execution was a bigger problem than playcalling.  However giving Taylor the RPO on 1st and goal was dumb.  Run at least once before trying a low percentage pass play...

I truly do not understand why Dennison is hated so much.  TT was essentially the same guy under Roman and Lynn.  I don't agree with the love of Tolbert but is that Dennison or McD's fault?

The OC and DC are always the scapegoats with fanbases.  I can't remember the last time we weren't trying to run either our OC or DC out of town.