Solution at QB?

wppete

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who would you want to get, then?

If we are trading draft picks for a QB then I want it to be for someone in the draft. Based on where we are picking, Mayfield is my current favorite.

Edited by Bangarang

34 minutes ago, peterpan said:

After that pick today, it's evident Peterman just don't have the arm strength. I mean come on , he can't get the ball there on an 8 yard hitch. Move on now and don't waste anymore time. 

I'm not at all a Peterman supporter and it did seem to lack juice - but as has been pointed out Thompson shlda came to the ball and it made a difference for sure. Dude has his worst game as a bill at a bad time.

17 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Before I trade any picks for the college guys....I'm checking on Andruw Luck first. Maybe just maybe Colts like Brissett and having multiple number 1s.

If you are the Colts you at least consider 2 firsts and Cordy Glenn for Luck? I guess it depends on how you feel about Brissett. 

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The solution is in the draft. Trading for Smith is such a bad idea. I’d rather see a rookie play.

It’s not a bad idea whatsoever. As long as a QB is drafted high.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know.  Do we?

Prior to this year, KC has had a very good D, much better D than we are right now, and Alex Smith record is 1-4

tumblr_ofrtqx9xNc1vx777ao1_500.gif

All signs point to YES

He's 2-5 in the playoffs all time with a 14:2 TD to INT ratio. The best D stance KC ever gave him was against Pitts last year holding them to 18pts in the playoffs.  10pts against today and a team should be moving on to the next round. 

Edited by Real McCoy

45 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

I understand your concept and what you are saying...but if you aren't drafting a stud then you have Peterman already to grow into your backup roll. So logically, I assumed you meant drafting a stud as that's where the discussion is/was at. Either way, I understand what you are trying to convey. It's just an unrealistic take or suggestion. I don't even mean to be rude or insulting.  I only commented bc it made me chuckle as it's like 'Sure- what team and fan base wouldn't like the bqba in both free agency and draft' bc then you'd hope one works out. It may even land a nice return later in the future in trade but we have enough holes that it can't be an option regardless...feasible or not...

I probably should have conveyed myself better. I hope they can steal Cousins away from Washington,. He is a legit QB who is disgruntled with management and off contract. and Washington can't really franchise tag him unless they want to pay him 35 mil next year. 

I'm not saying it will be easy or the Bills are even interested, or every other team for that matter. it's just what if like to see. I wouldn't even care who backs him up.

It's risky but bI would be equally happy trading the whole draft for the best available QB. I just want to see the upward trend the bills are on continued and competent QB play is the only way that will happen.

3 hours ago, wppete said:

So obviously after watching this game Tyrod and Peterman are not the answer at QB if we want to become an elite team. What is the answer at QB for us???? Trade up and draft either Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen or Josh Allen? Or go after a guy like Alex smith or Cousins???? Or maybe a combination of the two????? 

We we really need to finally fix the QB position to be take seriously.

Break the bank... sign Cousins. He's in his prime and will solidify the position for 4-5 years. Keep drafting QB's.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd like Bridgewater or Bradford for the time being.  Need to get the 2nd or 3rd pick for some new and shiny QB.  Offer the Giants or Colts one of our 1s, Shady, any other 2 players they want, and a 2019 2nd.  Let's get this done.  

4 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

No way is Alex Smith worth any high picks.

I'd rather see them make a hard play in FA for Cousins.

We have about 38M in cap and have a significant number of needs at DT, LB, WR, OL.   How do you pay the richest NFL contract inside your salary cap.   And Cousins needs a pretty good OC...who is going be there?

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

Whoever the QB will be, he needs talent at WR to throw to. Woods & Watkins Saturday-10 catches 165yds.

How would Goff have done with a hobbled Benjamin, Thompson signed off the street, and Zay "Drop Zone" Jones to throw to?

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It’s not a bad idea whatsoever. As long as a QB is drafted high.

Well I don’t think a 4th or 5th will get it done as much as it has been suggested here. Anything higher than that and it’s a hard pass from me.