Only in Buffalo would this be considered a successful season

It's so annoying that some posters only crawl out of the woodwork after a loss...

Where were you when the Bills made the playoffs? Nowhere to be found, when all us real Bills fans were celebrating. 

If if you don't think that breaking a 17 year playoff drought with a rag tag group,of cast offs is an accomplishment and take joy in it, then I have to wonder if you are actually a Bills fan.

Edited by BillsFan4

Not at all. It's our first time head coach's rookie season and we had a winning record with very little top tier talent on either side of the ball. We also played the Patriots twice. Forget about ending the drought, any fan base would be happy with those results. But next year the standard is higher.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

9-7 Make the playoffs off a fluke play by a ginger QB. We still have no QB, an aging RB and offensive line. Cant get no pressure on QB from front 4. Only bright spot is secondary and head coach/GM. Just as far away as we have been since the 90's. 

Absolute worst post I have ever seen on a message board.  I thought SaviorPeterman was the worst poster ever.  You just changed my mind.  You are a damn joke and no Bills fan.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

You guys are a joke. We went 9-7 with Marrone and Ryan. This year it was just enough to get cause the AFC was so bad. We are no better off.

You are a joke.  20 other franchises would have considered this a successful season.  Ryan never won 9 games with the Bills.  Marrone won his ninth game against the Pats B team in a meaningless game.  If you cannot understand the difference, or how meaningful that is in the first season of a rebuild with an new coaching staff, then you really do not understand much of anything about the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

Really? Plenty of teams would have been happy to make the playoffs and call that a successful season. Jets, Dolphins, Browns, and plenty of others.

1 minute ago, MDFan said:

You are a joke.  20 other franchises would have considered this a successful season.  Ryan never won 9 games with the Bills.  Marrone won his ninth game against the Pats B team in a meaningless game.  If you cannot understand the difference, or how meaningful that is in the first season of a rebuild with an new coaching staff, then you really do not understand much of anything about the NFL.  

This.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

You guys are a joke. We went 9-7 with Marrone and Ryan. This year it was just enough to get cause the AFC was so bad. We are no better off.

You are lost if you think this resembles the previous 9-7 seasons.  McD clearly demonstrated he knows what type of player he wants and he knows how to use them.  Poyer, who was a "nothing" free agent pickup proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt as does Gaines.  

Anything can can happen any season but these guys know where they are headed.  Yes there is more to do but I see no reason to doubt that it will be done.

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

9-7 Make the playoffs off a fluke play by a ginger QB. We still have no QB, an aging RB and offensive line. Cant get no pressure on QB from front 4. Only bright spot is secondary and head coach/GM. Just as far away as we have been since the 90's. 

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Go blow a goat.

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It's so annoying that some posters only crawl out of the woodwork after a loss...

Where were you when the Bills made the playoffs? Nowhere to be found, when all us real Bills fans were celebrating. 

If if you don't think that breaking a 17 year playoff drought with a rag tag group,of cast offs is an accomplishment and take joy in it, then I have to wonder if you are actually a Bills fan.

It def is. Imo there is some truth to what op said though. We need a qb and we dont know what the plan is yet. Shady is going to be 30. There is some real questions here.