Wildcard Weekend: Bills at Jax - 2nd Half Thread

Proud to be a bills fan, played the best defense I've seen since the broncos super bowl. Definitely could have won that but we proved we deserved to be in the wild card game and not a fluke. And on the bright side, hands down one of the most untalented teams in the NFL and we made it to the playoffs on heart and tough play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

People

Just now, zevo said:

Offense needs to be revamped...I really hope Sean give Dennison the boot and let the qb search begin

People are going to blame Dennison for every failure Tyrod makes. You had people claiming it was Dennison's fault Tyrod threw 1 yard deep to O'leary, behind him, and covered by 2 people, for not making the 3rd down...And we had a guy open.

tyrod throw-min (1).jpg

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

no he wasnt..they had good field [position and were in Jax territory before the bonehead grounding

i wasn't referring to field position. No timeouts, 1 minutes left 4th down....against a top defense ready to tee off on him.

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

when u put it like that it does sound ugly;)...the guy is a walking disaster

I’m struggling to see how you can be blaming the guy who came in cold on 4th and 3 less than 2 minutes left.  The offense failed all day and that wasn’t Peterman’s fault.  

BTW, I am not suggesting that Peterman is anything but a long shot to make it in the NFL, I’m just saying you can’t blame the loss on him in this case.

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Screw Riveron.  The guy called everything against us all year.

Defense played very well.  Our passing game stunk.  It's such a waste to have a talent like Benjamin collecting dust.

I can 100% say that if Taylor is not released or traded KB is gone after next year.

The Bortles scrambles hurt, but you can't hang anything on the defense;  they kept us in the game all day.   10 points in a playoff game should get you the win every time.

Taylor just isn't good enough.   I don't care if you're playing the '86 Bears, 3 points is awful.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, klos63 said:

i wasn't referring to field position. No timeouts, 1 minutes left 4th down....against a top defense ready to tee off on him.

Peterman is the one who got them the 4th & 3 after Tyrod took a stupid hit after holding onto the ball for way too long and having an open guy. 

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

A chunk of yardage and almost nothing off the clock since the guy would go out of bounds? We were 2nd & 20 afterall... not many plays with 30 seconds left and at midfield besides throwing outside routes.

6 yards does nothing for you there.  The ball has to go downfield.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And receivers dropped passes. It's all part of the loss.

Completely agree.  Yet another total offensive loss in an otherwise winnable game where the defense gave us a chance.  No one likes Marrone, or wanted to lose to him, but Marrone gave us every chance to win...we refused the offer.

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

When is the last two me th offense scored a TD in the 2nd half? 6 games ago?

what did that stat say late in the game, Bills have scored 3 points in the 4th quarter of the last 6 (now 7) games?

Bills D held Jax to 10 points and the 3 at the end of the half had a lot to do with the offenses decisions at the end of the half.

Time for a new approach offensively. New QB, maybe new OC. New philosophy, lets try to have an actual modern NFL offense instead of one from the 40s.

And IMO your WR need come back to the ball and help their QB out wether that's a young Rookie QB or a FA pick up. That last INT was all on the WR no fight for the ball or even attempting prevent the INT.. UNLIKE the Jag WR EARLIER IN THE GAME.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Completely agree.  Yet another total offensive loss in an otherwise winnable game where the defense gave us a chance.  No one likes Marrone, or wanted to lose to him, but Marrone gave us every chance to win...we refused the offer.

right on----that game shoulda been won by us.....