Watkins FA Value

Virgil

3 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Woods was the loss that hurt more. Sammy will get overpaid by someone. Hope it is not the Pats.  SF would seem to be a logical choice. They have the QB, cap space to overpay and a good coach/oc. 

All of a sudden people love Woods when he was getting killed on TSW for falling down. 

8 hours ago, /dev/null said:

At this point he'd be lucky for a 2 year $12M with option for a 3rd year.

He's a borderline #2/#3 WR

Totally agree.  Woods showed all season (and the seasons they were both Bills) that he is the better receiver.  Sam single (really no) handedly effed the Rams in that game.  Diva without earning diva status.  So glad he's gone.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

All of a sudden people love Woods when he was getting killed on TSW for falling down. 

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Sorry I loved Woods when Bill's drafted him. 

I didn't love Woods when he was with the Bills but I didn't hate him either.  He was a serviceable WR that lived up to the expectations of a second round draft pick

Woods was the antithesis of Watkins: short on overwhelming physicality, long on grit and toughness and doing the little things like scrapping for extra yards and throwing blocks downfield. The kind of player Belichick would turn into a Hall of Famer in NE. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I didn't love Woods when he was with the Bills but I didn't hate him either.  He was a serviceable WR that lived up to the expectations of a second round draft pick

Yup;  he was a mid-tier #2 WR, but he played with heart so was a likeable guy.  Happy to see him doing well in LA.

He'll be forced to sign a 1-year "prove it" deal because no one will commit big money to him.  His production was poor this past season, despite playing with a good QB and offense, and his post-season play was horrible.