Name the biggest NFL misconception by media and fans

Putting more stock into the abilities of players rather than chemistry and work ethic.

There is an utterly long list of supremely talented NFL players who were and are not suitable to start and win because they don't perform to the level of their abilities. They have poor attitudes, they take plays off, they are selfish, they don't study enough, they get in trouble with the law, they get suspended for PED use or something else like that.

51 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I like when the ravens fans booed their own team for their garbage protests.  

More crybaby millionaires like Bennett and Kaepernick please ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

The most powerful person in the country is a crybaby millionaire, so I guess it's a crybaby era.

I heard on ESPN that if the Bills can make the playoffs then why can't the Browns, well cuz ur owner sux.

Like we are the Browns <_<

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Anything RE: The Petermania Game. 

Right,  they act like McDermott just switched out of the blue. What they, delusional fans and Mike Schopp forget is tyrod had two horrible games preceding it and had to make the switch. The decision was the right one , the outcome was not. If Peterman threw 5 touchdowns everyone would say it was genius.

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The NFL and Fox seem to think Rob Riggle is funny

He's not

Who?

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

Patriots** didn't/don't need to cheat to be good

I'll respectfully disagree with you on this, but agree with Kelly the Dog that the fact that they cheated even though they didn't need to makes it worse.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Biggest NFL misconception by some media and some fans is that anthem protests haven't hurt the league.

They know, just don't want to admit it, it's why it disappeared over night.

41 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Or a good guy, or honest. Ever.

This is why we will win because our owner actually is.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Or Carolina , zay should have caught that ball but tyrod and the offense were horrendous that day.

Exactly, NFL media making it seem like the switch came out of nowhere was ridiculous. TT threw for 56 Yards through 3 quarters tge week before...freaking media and their narratives, glad we were able to shut them up by ending the drought tho 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Putting more stock into the abilities of players rather than chemistry and work ethic.

There is an utterly long list of supremely talented NFL players who were and are not suitable to start and win because they don't perform to the level of their abilities. They have poor attitudes, they take plays off, they are selfish, they don't study enough, they get in trouble with the law, they get suspended for PED use or something else like that.

The most powerful person in the country is a crybaby millionaire, so I guess it's a crybaby era.

No she didn't make it.

1 minute ago, WMDman said:

Exactly, NFL media making it seem like the switch came out of nowhere was ridiculous. TT threw for 56 Yards through 3 quarters tge week before...freaking media and their narratives, glad we were able to shut them up by ending the drought tho 

Amen to that, now we need at least two more wins  (obviously want to win the Superbowl but being optimistic)

How awesome would it be while beating the Patriots that Belly and Brady have a huge blowout on the sideline with players trying to separate them and then the next day Bill resigns :wub:

• Like (+1) 1

punting on 4th down is a given

kicking extra points is a given

If teams consistently went for 4th and short and went for 2 instead of kicking XP's, teams would win on avg. an additional 1.5 games per yr.  according to people way smarter than NFL HC's.  Will anyone in the league ever have the stones to play the correct odds?  I hope so.

39 receptions, 593 yards, 8 TD's

The TD's are good, the receptions and yards are underwhelming,  The Rams are going to have a tough call.  Can't franchise him as he's no where near that amount of coin.  OTOH, will he stick around if he's not franchised?  Probably not.  

I'll be very curious to see how the league values him if he does hit FA.  I think smart teams will pass.  Can't you just see him in a Redskins uniform?

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Biggest NFL misconception by some media and some fans is that anthem protests haven't hurt the league.

Also, some fans feel kneeling is disrespectful to military and 1st responders. As ex military and a former 1st responder, I say "BULL!!!!".

More on the fans side, but the notion that "coaching" only occurs during the game and game management situations. Forget Monday -Saturday.

Fans always cry about "adjustments" being made at halftime. I guarantee to 99.8% of fans, that simply means did we score more points than them in the 2 half. If we did, we made the right adjustments...but ask them what adjustments happened and they would have no clue.

If we scored less, they did not make adjustments in the 2nd half and it was plain to see why they lost.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There are a lot of them. I have a bunch in my head. I was writing this post in the Alex Smith thread but decided to make it an open thread to discuss a lot of them.

The one I will start with is that just because a player is better than another, he is better for your team than the lesser player.

This happens all the time.

The Bills aren't good enough overall, nor will they be likely in the next year or two, for a game manager guy like Alex Smith, whom I like a lot, to win it all. It's possible, of course, that the line and coaching and WR on offense will take a giant leap next season but it isn't likely. And while Smith is pretty mobile, and a LOT more accurate than Tyrod, his actual production unless the line and coaching and WR are substantially upgraded, will likely be marginal.

IMO there are like 5-6 QBs in the league who are better overall quarterbacks who would be worse than Tyrod on this team. He disguises a lot of deficiencies.

If your getting the ball out on time you don`t need to run around like a chicken with its head chopped off.

3 hours ago, Estro said:

punting on 4th down is a given

kicking extra points is a given

If teams consistently went for 4th and short and went for 2 instead of kicking XP's, teams would win on avg. an additional 1.5 games per yr.  according to people way smarter than NFL HC's.  Will anyone in the league ever have the stones to play the correct odds?  I hope so.

39 receptions, 593 yards, 8 TD's

The TD's are good, the receptions and yards are underwhelming,  The Rams are going to have a tough call.  Can't franchise him as he's no where near that amount of coin.  OTOH, will he stick around if he's not franchised?  Probably not.  

I'll be very curious to see how the league values him if he does hit FA.  I think smart teams will pass.  Can't you just see him in a Redskins uniform?

Except when you defy the odds like the Bills and go 2 for 15 on 4th down.

I cringe every time they go for it.

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

"Momentum" during a game is a thing that impacts the game based on who has it and who doesn't.  It is not a thing.

"Momentum" might better be thought of as "getting into a rhythm", which is an observable "thing".  You start to notice it, for example, when an offense that has been been playing haltingly begins to string together a series of successful plays and then first downs. This is mostly due, I think, to the offense poking around and eventually finding something that works against the defense on that given day.