Name the biggest NFL misconception by media and fans

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Many in the media seem to love Tyrod Taylor and think that Bills fans and the organization are crazy to not anoint him as a franchise QB.

I really don't know why. All you have to do is watch a couple games and see that he can't pass the ball unless he has at least 5 seconds to process AND a wide open WR, and even then he sometimes won't see it.

I couldn't find the stat. Maybe someone can help us. But I'm pretty sure his average time to throw is around 3 seconds

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I couldn't find the stat. Maybe someone can help us. But I'm pretty sure his average time to throw is around 3 seconds

Yeah, I was exaggerating. It is 3.01. Only 2 QB's have a higher average time to throw: Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I was exaggerating. It is 3.01. Only 2 QB's have a higher average time to throw: Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson.

OK. Cool  When you exagerate stuff like that,it makes you sound like  crusader. Talk about misconceptions :)

Those guys with longer averages ARen't too bad either!

Edited by reddogblitz

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

OK. Cool  When you exagerate stuff like that,it makes you sound like  crusader. Talk about misconceptions :)

Those guys with longer averages ARen't too bad either!

Those are averages, you know. Tyrod takes longer than 3 seconds very often. The times where he is pressured immediately and has no chance brings the averages down, as it would for a lot of QB's.

After 3 years of him, the book is written on Tyrod Taylor. He is a gifted runner who can hurt teams with his feet. He has a good enough arm to make passes if EVERYTHING goes right, but he is ultra conservative and unwilling to take risks even in the most desperate of circumstances. He holds onto the ball far too long and cannot function in a timing offense. He does not lead receivers or throw them open.

Just not good enough. Great teammate and a good bridge QB, but any team who has him would be looking for something better.

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

Those are averages, you know. Tyrod takes longer than 3 seconds very often. The times where he is pressured immediately and has no chance brings the averages down, as it would for a lot of QB's.

After 3 years of him, the book is written on Tyrod Taylor. He is a gifted runner who can hurt teams with his feet. He has a good enough arm to make passes if EVERYTHING goes right, but he is ultra conservative and unwilling to take risks even in the most desperate of circumstances. He holds onto the ball far too long and cannot function in a timing offense. He does not lead receivers or throw them open.

Just not good enough. Great teammate and a good bridge QB, but any team who has him would be looking for something better.

Cool.  I'm all for improving the QB position. Find someone BETTER, not just someone else, and I'm good with it.

Alex Smith or Case Keenum would fill the bill for me. Also draft someone bring Hotrod back and !et em duke it out in PS. That's what Seattle did. 

if we can't sign someone then keep Hotrod and draft someone like Andy Reid did.

It's not like he is that horrible and we can get to playoffs with him and a bare cupboard. Refill the cupboard. Results will be better hopefully.

Dumping your QB that you know you can win games with in the hopes someone better comes along is drought thinking IMHO. I know, old habits die hard :). We are now in the post drought era and its about winning now.

Edited by reddogblitz