This years team resembles 1998 a lot

Lenigmusx

I know the whole Doug Flutie vs Rob Johnson thing etc... but in 1998 the bills were horrendous to start the year. They the inserted Flutie and won with smoke and mirrors to claw back into the playoff race to a 10-6 record. Flutie played a lot like Tyrod until the end of the season when Moulds began to really excel. When this happened the much maligned Joe Pendry decided to implement a lot of spread 4 or 5 wide receiver sets etc.. Using Flutie's mobility and this spread offense they were able to get Flutie space and he started getting the ball down field. I think If we were to go 4 and 5 wide empty backfield and use Tyrod's mobility to create lanes and time Buffalo could open up the pass game and surprise Jax Sunday. In 98 if The Bills had better ball security they would have beaten Miami by 10. 4 bad turnovers cost them that game. 

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Not even close. 

5 minutes ago, mattynh said:

That team had a great defense.  That team had way more talent than this one.  

Exactly. Much better on offense too.

Edited by vincec

42 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have to agree.  The current Bills offense does not seem to take any PRE-DESIGNED advantage of Tyrod's speed and mobility.  With nothing to lose on Sunday, I would love to see them change that in a few packages.

Why do they have nothing to lose? They're playing a playoff game they could lose

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

Doesn't resemble 1998 team at all

I beg to differ... 99 was much better than this team but 98 was not. The defense in 98 was solid but more of s bend but don't break. The offense was mediocre at best but had Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, plus Flutie. The team made the playoff by one play. Doug  Fluties. TD run against Jax.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lenigmusx said:

I know the whole Doug Flutie vs Rob Johnson thing etc... but in 1998 the bills were horrendous to start the year. They the inserted Flutie and won with smoke and mirrors to claw back into the playoff race to a 10-6 record. Flutie played a lot like Tyrod until the end of the season when Moulds began to really excel. When this happened the much maligned Joe Pendry decided to implement a lot of spread 4 or 5 wide receiver sets etc.. Using Flutie's mobility and this spread offense they were able to get Flutie space and he started getting the ball down field. I think If we were to go 4 and 5 wide empty backfield and use Tyrod's mobility to create lanes and time Buffalo could open up the pass game and surprise Jax Sunday. In 98 if The Bills had better ball security they would have beaten Miami by 10. 4 bad turnovers cost them that game. 

If McCoy doesn’t play or plays and is very hobbled I would like to see some of these formations run.

I also liked how Chan would run the balk with the RBout of these type of formations.  A lot of room to run.

1 hour ago, Lenigmusx said:

Jacksonville has the talent on that defense to play a nickel defense and shut Taylor down. 4 or 5 wide sets would be a terrible idea for a QB that has poor field vision and doesn't usual go through more than 2 reads. We need to hope Shady will be a 90% for us to have a chance. Defense will need to play lights out as well.