3 options heading in to the offseason

I don't want to make this sound like a postmortem, I want us to go to the Super Bowl and win it along with any other fan and think we have a legitimate shot at going to the divisional round this weekend.

That being said, the road to the Superbowl is a tough one and the chances of us not only going to Foxboro and pulling out a win then elsewhere are very slim.  I don't think I'm blowing anybody's minds by saying this.

That being said, I think that leaves us with three options heading in to the off season, which would you rather see play out and give some insight as to why you feel that way. (To get this team to the point of going deep in to the post season, in particular).

1.) We are a few pieces away, get a quarterback in FA and get a lot of solid talent through the draft to fill our glaring holes (DT, DE/LB, WR, OT)

2.) Blow our draft pick load in the draft and get one of the top 3 quarterbacks and try to build around him in FA

3.) Tyrod got us to the playoffs, keep going with him and build talent and a better defense around him through the draft.

I honestly think the 1 or 3 is our best option.  We can get to the postseason with Tyrod, clearly, and he only started 14 games.  I would rather have a QB that could get our offense in to the top 20, then we would have a mediocre offense and a top 10 defense (I think we are around #9 right now?).  Get our defense top 5 through the draft.  Lorax and KW might be on the way out due to age, so that makes DE/LB / DT a bigger need.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan3434 said:

That being said, the road to the Superbowl is a tough one and the chances of us not only going to Foxboro and pulling out a win then elsewhere are very slim.  I don't think I'm BLOWING anybody's minds by saying this.

No, but it’s boring the hell outta me..

anyway, #2

2.) Blow our draft pick load in the draft and get one of the top 3 quarterbacks and try to build around him in FA

10 minutes ago, BillsFan3434 said:

I don't want to make this sound like a postmortem, I want us to go to the Super Bowl and win it along with any other fan and think we have a legitimate shot at going to the divisional round this weekend.

That being said, the road to the Superbowl is a tough one and the chances of us not only going to Foxboro and pulling out a win then elsewhere are very slim.  I don't think I'm blowing anybody's minds by saying this.

That being said, I think that leaves us with three options heading in to the off season, which would you rather see play out and give some insight as to why you feel that way. (To get this team to the point of going deep in to the post season, in particular).

1.) We are a few pieces away, get a quarterback in FA and get a lot of solid talent through the draft to fill our glaring holes (DT, DE/LB, WR, OT)

3.) Tyrod got us to the playoffs, keep going with him and build talent and a better defense around him through the draft.

I honestly think the 1 or 3 is our best option.  We can get to the postseason with Tyrod, clearly, and he only started 14 games.  I would rather have a QB that could get our offense in to the top 20, then we would have a mediocre offense and a top 10 defense (I think we are around #9 right now?).  Get our defense top 5 through the draft.  Lorax and KW might be on the way out due to age, so that makes DE/LB / DT a bigger need.

1 and 3. 

Keep Taylor. He is well liked by teammates and doesn't turn the ball over. Bring in a FA. Someone like Keenum. Draft a rookie. Best guy starts...Taylor or the FA traded after camp. Fill holes with rest of draft picks.

17 minutes ago, BillsFan3434 said:

1 or 2 

look at Rams and Eagles think they cared ONE BIT about the draft picks given up. 

Look at San Fran the minute they started their actual QB. 

Get a QB that should be the NO 1 objective this offseason 

ie does Taylor come back IF Andy Dalton doesnt pull a play out of his ass. Or get bailed out by a weak defensive holding call on the game sealing INt?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

None of the above - build around Peterman 

Yes please.

Still think a lot of folks are vastly underestimating how talented this kid really is and what a potential diamond in the rough we've stumbled across.

And despite the horrendous conditions he's played in with his first two NFL starts, he's still 1-1 as a starter.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

1 or 2 

look at Rams and Eagles think they cared ONE BIT about the draft picks given up. 

Look at San Fran the minute they started their actual QB. 

Get a QB that should be the NO 1 objective this offseason 

ie does Taylor come back IF Andy Dalton doesnt pull a play out of his ass. Or get bailed out by a weak defensive holding call on the game sealing INt?

If its and buts were candy and nuts?

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes please.

Still think a lot of folks are vastly underestimating how talented this kid really is and what a potential diamond in the rough we've stumbled across.

And despite the horrendous conditions he's played in with his first two NFL starts, he's still 1-1 as a starter.

I think Peterman is gonna be solid.....im not ready to base the teams future on it

3.  TT is only 28 yrs old.  If a QB you like falls, take him.  Otherwise, dont reach and take BPA with all your picks.  

13 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes please.

well A) he couldnt have looked worse in his only start and B) you have been hyping him up as the next Joe Montana, so yea, im a seller of rating him highly until he shows more and im also a seller of your hype.  

Edited by Bill Murray

14 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

If its and buts were candy and nuts?

I think Peterman is gonna be solid.....im not ready to base the teams future on it

Got it but see you and others are over weighting a gift playoff appearance out of emotion. 

The fact Dalton made a miracle throw and drought broken should not have ANY influence on the TT decision