3 options heading in to the offseason

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Got it but see you and others are over weighting a gift playoff appearance out of emotion. 

The fact Dalton made a miracle throw and drought broken should not have ANY influence on the TT decision 

There is no such thing as a "gift playoff appearance"

Regardless of what dalton did.....Tyrod and the bills still went on the road and beat a AFC East opponent.   They did their job.

You either win enough games to get in or you dont

Edited by John from Hemet

9 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

There is no such thing as a "gift playoff appearance"

Regardless of what dalton did.....Tyrod and the bills still went on the road and beat a AFC East opponent.   They did their job.

You either win enough games to get in or you dont

Sure call it what you want. The fact that the drought was ended because of HELP should not have any weight in a TT decision. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Sure call it what you want. The fact that the drought was ended because of HELP should not have any weight in a TT decision. 

Im your mind it should not

Honestly I am not saying if it will or it wont......Beane and McD have been very bold in their moves....they did bench TT during the Chargers game.....I always thought since the trade down to get the extra first that a QB in this upcoming draft was the plan.

Usually coaches want to pick THEIR qb when they come in......I dont think Nathan Peterman applies to that or we would have taken him much higher.

What I AM saying is winning in the playoffs could have an effect on all of this.

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Got it but see you and others are over weighting a gift playoff appearance out of emotion. 

The fact Dalton made a miracle throw and drought broken should not have ANY influence on the TT decision 

I get it and you're above it all. Your 4 win prediction at the beginning of the season gives you ZERO credibility. 

Just now, John from Hemet said:

Im your mind it should not

Honestly I am not saying if it will or it wont......Beane and McD have been very bold in their moves....they did bench TT during the Chargers game.....I always thought since the trade down to get the extra first that a QB in this upcoming draft was the plan.

Usually coaches want to pick THEIR qb when they come in......I dont think Nathan Peterman applies to that or we would have taken him much higher.

What I AM saying is winning in the playoffs could have an effect on all of this.

Not if it comes down to a typical blah QB performance the result of the game because your Defense wins another when your offense cannot stay on the field even with a win Sunday should have no affect. If it does then i will really start to question Beane 

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

I get it and you're above it all. Your 4 win prediction at the beginning of the season gives you ZERO credibility. 

Ooo no my prediction means i have no credibility fine. Doesnt matter keep enjoying cheering for a stagnant offense 80 percent of the time 

Not if it comes down to a typical blah QB performance the result of the game because your Defense wins another when your offense cannot stay on the field even with a win Sunday should have no affect. If it does then i will really start to question Beane 

Yes we should really start to question Beane because his moves so far have been pretty damn good (and the team gets into the playoffs in his first year as GM)

But.....because it doesnt agree with you?

Yes we should really start to question Beane because his moves so far have been pretty damn good (and the team gets into the playoffs in his first year as GM)

But.....because it doesnt agree with you?

Really so Benjamin was a good move this year?  Its ok jeep tyrod and i will continue to point to the recycled rocket xcuses to defend his play

8 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

What is your logic that Benjamin wasnt a good move?

And Im not making excuses for Tyrod's play.

Has it done anything this year? 

Example say you had to make a decision on an 5th year or re-sign him at end of this year (ala matthews ans Gaines) based on his play here would you?

now granted i know that move was more future than present but this year was it a good move?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Has it done anything this year? 

Example say you had to make a decision on an 5th year or re-sign him at end of this year (ala matthews ans Gaines) based on his play here would you?

now granted i know that move was more future than present but this year was it a good move?

"winning now and winning in the future"

"winning now and winning in the future"

Doesnt answer my question does it?

not to mention Benjamin is more of a fit for another QB not TT. More evidence of what they think of TT

Edited by MAJBobby

Doesnt answer my question does it?

not to mention Benjamin is more of a fit for another QB not TT. More evidence of what they think of TT

Actually it does answer your question.

Is Kelvin going to be on the team next year?  because we do have him for another year and that is without extending him yet.

And who is to say that there will not be another QB under center?   Because we dont even know what is going to happen there.   A very realistic scenario is:

- They keep Tyrod on his current deal because to release him and sign another veteran qb would cost just as much

- They draft a QB in the first round

- They dont start said QB immediately so the rook can hold the clipboard a bit (or...the rook completely outplays TT in training camp which also is not a bad scenario and you have Tyrod as the backup)

- Kelvin might be here for the future qb

Entirely possible "winning now and winning in the future"

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

Actually it does answer your question.

Is Kelvin going to be on the team next year?  because we do have him for another year and that is without extending him yet.

And who is to say that there will not be another QB under center?   Because we dont even know what is going to happen there.   A very realistic scenario is:

- They keep Tyrod on his current deal because to release him and sign another veteran qb would cost just as much

- They draft a QB in the first round

- They dont start said QB immediately so the rook can hold the clipboard a bit (or...the rook completely outplays TT in training camp which also is not a bad scenario and you have Tyrod as the backup)

- Kelvin might be here for the future qb

Entirely possible "winning now and winning in the future"

Yeah sports fans just gobble up cliches

It really depends on what McBean thinks of the QBs. If they are confident that one of these guys will make us legit superbowl contenders then do what it takes, within reason, to get him. But if they've got similar grades on a handful of guys, I'd be more inclined to build up the team through the draft, take the QB who falls, and try to sign a QB in FA or keep playing Hotrod until the new guy's ready to take over.

I'd hate to trade away a wealth of draft capital to take the next Blake Bortles.