Baker Mayfield Man Crush thread

Big Turk

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's 5 11 at most. Height could be a huge problem. He's very, very good though. I would be thrilled if the Bills drafted him. He will, however, never ever have as much time to throw as he just did on that last ball Herbstreet was gushing over on the Bills. Never. ;)

He processes info faster than any of the QB's in the upcoming draft. Because of that he can identify the open man quickly then get out an accurate pass. He's fantastic at looking off the defense and moving just enough in the pocket to find his throwing windows. His ball placement is exceptional as well giving his receivers a chance to get YAC. People are gonna get tired of me talking about this guy. :lol: :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

He processes info faster than any of the QB's in the upcoming draft. Because of that he can identify the open man quickly then get out an accurate pass. He's fantastic at looking off the defense and moving just enough in the pocket to find his throwing windows. His ball placement is exceptional as well giving his receivers a chance to get YAC. People are gonna get tired of me talking about this guy. :lol: :thumbsup:

They talk about him having bad footwork but I don't know any QB that could complete 71% of their passes in that type of offense with bad footwork...

People, even scouts make up reasons why guys who aren’t prototypical athletes won’t be successful. Height, speed, footwork, hand size, are all meaningless in the overall scope. That’s why Brady lasted until the 6th. That’s why Montana lasted until the end of the 3rd. Winners are winners despite their shortcomings.

20 minutes ago, McBean said:

How GM’s and scouts have Josh Allen ahead of this kid is beyond me. Straight up laughable.

If he’s there with our first pick, which he won’t be, you have to take a swing at him.

I'm hoping he'll be there in the 10 - 15 pick range and we can use some draft picks to get him and still have some to build the OL.

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

OU has an awesome team. I haven’t watched much college ball until this season. I decided to watch to look at the QBs we might get. I am now a fan.

I will say that I do not feel good about Darnold, though.

Darnold is a turnover machine like Geno Smith was with the Jets

6 minutes ago, danc said:

What QB do you think is right for a Rick Dennison offense?

Matt Schaub was the archetypical Dennison QB. You need to be supremely accurate on the intermediate routes, have very good footwork and timing and not be a statue (you don't need to be a "mobile Quarterback" type  but you need to be able to execute the bootlegs etc).  Trevor Siemian is basically a very poor man's Matt Schaub which is why he looked half decent in Denver with Dennison and Kubiak last year.  I think being mentally attuned situationally is more important than a big arm or physical ability in the Dennison offense.  I know you can say that about Quarterbacking in general but I think this offense exaggerates that even more.  I don't know if it is why the Bills took an obvious look last draft season but it could suit a Mitch Trubisky type prospect. 

Mayfield, while he can play Quarterback from the pocket, improvises and freelances more than the scheme is set up to provide for.  I actually don't think any of the guys coming out who could go in the first or 2nd round this year are ideal fits.  Who knows what happens with Dennison now? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.