Think about how many amazing plays happened to get us here

When you really stop and think of how crazy this season was. There were like 15 insane plays that led to this wildcard birth. If any of them don’t happen...we are not playing Sunday.

-In Atlanta we pick up that “fumble” and run it back for a td. Pretty much wins us that game. They review it, looks like it will be reversed and we get a break.

-fall behind late against TB. That game feels completely over. Tyrod hits a pretty much unknown Deonte Thompson on a bomb that gives us a chance to win.

-Broncos game. Von Miller called for unsportsmanlike conduct for pulling his hand away from Tyrod.

-in the snow in against the colts.

Colts score a TD late. They MAKE the 2 point conversion to probably beat us. An hour seems to go by and they throw a flag.

Then Joe Webb throws a pick that probably ends our season. The colts Miss the chip shot FG to win.

In OT we punt with time running out. Pretty much looking at a tie...Our KR/Emergency qb throws a 30 yd bomb in the snow to Thompson. Keeps us alive and then Shady scores a game winning TD.

-Then obviously the Dalton TD pass. My god, 4th and 12 on the road. Not only do they complete it into FG the range, the guy turns it up field and scores a go ahead TD. The “miracle in Maryland”

This is just off the top of my head. What an amazing year and so great to see us get a few breaks for a change. The difference between the teams that make it and most that don’t..are the breaks. A refs call, a fumble, a dropped pass. Love to be on the other side for a change. Go Bills!

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Thank you (+1) 2

That's true, but that's football.

On the flip side, think of all the near misses that would have let the Bills control their own fate yesterday. The almost-catch against Carolina comes to mind. Zay makes that play and we're not biting our fingernails during the last five minutes of the CIN-BAL game.

I agree we could've had some plays go the bother way and we would've missed out. BUT, this is usually the case with every wild card team. Look at the titans for instance. Every wild card team for most part makes it by the skin of their teeth 

Very true about the fumble in the ATL game and all the good fortune in the snow game. In the TB game, we also recovered a fumble right after we scored the tying TD.

I am not going to act like we didn't have more luck than most teams this year.I mean this team has a MINUS 57 point differential and is in the playoffs!

However, the Ravens were very fortunate to play the Raiders without Carr, the Packers without Rodgers, Texans without Watson, and the browns twice so I am certainly not feeling sorry for them.

Edited by FLXbillsmafia

2 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

Very true about the fumbles in the TB and ATL games. I am not going to act like we didn't have more luck than most teams this year.

I mean this team has a MINUS 57 point differential and is in the playoffs!

However, the Ravens were very fortunate to play the Raiders without Carr, the Packers without Rodgers, Texans without Watson, and the browns twice so I am certainly not feeling sorry for them.

Miami sucked just as much as a wild card playoff team last year. The league survived.

5 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

Very true about the fumble in the ATL game and all the good fortune in the snow game. In the TB game, we also recovered a fumble right after we scored the tying TD.

I am not going to act like we didn't have more luck than most teams this year.I mean this team has a MINUS 57 point differential and is in the playoffs!

Thats the thing- there’s a huge mess of middle of the pack teams and a few get lucky and land slightly above .500

the there’s a handful of good teams and usually 1-2 get lucky and get byes and such

amd of course the couple of dominant teams

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Miami sucked just as much as a wild card playoff team last year. The league survived.

They certainly did. Miami had all the luck last year. Plus, the Texans with Osweiler and Raiders with Connor Cook were terrible playoff teams last year.

Definitely not apologizing for the Bills being in there. They earned it!

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Colts 2pt conversion was my lowest point this year. I actually left the room and was throwing things yelling when will it ever end. 

Then the flag came.

You and me both dude. And it was the anticipation of that the whole drive that made it worse. That "oh my god, they are gonna drive on us and then go for 2 aren't they?" Classic Bills choke scenario. What a whirlwind. 

Honestly every year since Marrone came to town I feel like we have done the "if just a few bounces had gone out way we would have made it" discussion and for once the bounces did go our way. Feels good!

Other teams cast offs that made huge plays this year:

Deon Lacey stops a fake punt by the Broncos

Brandon Tate with a huge 1st down catch and run against the Raiders

Taiwan Jones with a clock draining run against the Bucs

Joe Webb to Deonte Thompson in the snow against the Colts

That's as Buffalo Bills as it gets.

This is what makes the previous 17 seasons the most amazing.

these type of average/slightly below average teams sneaking into the playoffs happens all the time.  But to never be that team in 17 seasons is the biggest of them all to me.

2016 - 7-9 but the 8th loss game on a Miracle fg by Miami to force OT.  Then we bench TT and lose to go 7-9 against the Jets.

i think we all were a little guilty of not seeing this team as really always being on the cusp of a 6th seeded talent because they were never getting the lucky bounce.

now this season they are coming.

olus you didn’t mention that Miami played basically their 4th string QB yesterday 

Even Murphy yesterday made some big plays. How many big catches did Deonte Thompson make? The TD throw to KB against the colts. So many Poyer pass breakups and picks. Same with Hyde. Tyrod running around to extend a play and hit a crossing route. O’Leary. Shady just being a borderline OJ presence...Just such a fun year.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Geez. I hadn’t thought about all this. Just as easily could have been 6-10. Lol. 

What a a roller coaster year! 

Last year the Bills were a few plays from being playoff bound with Rex Ryan! Some made field goals and tackles, coach challenges, and boom. An really, many years of that drought could have been playoff years if not for a few plays. The difference between winning and losing is often so thin that I do laugh at the "expert predictions".  Sure none expect the Browns to be 12-4 next year or the Patriots to go 3-13. But otherwise yes 6-10 or 10-6 can be had by a few select plays.

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Last year the Bills were a few plays from being playoff bound with Rex Ryan! Some made field goals and tackles, coach challenges, and boom. An really, many years of that drought could have been playoff years if not for a few plays. The difference between winning and losing is often so thin that I do laugh at the "expert predictions".  Sure none expect the Browns to be 12-4 next year or the Patriots to go 3-13. But otherwise yes 6-10 or 10-6 can be had by a few select plays.

If only you could frame that for all NFL fandom to see.