MMQB: Kyle Williams and Buffalophoria

YoloinOhio

Why Kyle is every Bills fan (this is exactly what I was thinking)

“Pandemonium,” Williams said. “Guys hugging, guys crying. And all I can think of is, Baltimore’s got three timeouts left. They got Flacco. They got almost a minute. This isn’t over.”

That isn’t the ranting of a negative guy. It’s football realism, the kind you think about when you’ve been a Bill for 12 years like Williams has.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

“This win is for the city of Buffalo,” Incognito said, straining to be heard over the happy racket on the bus. “This is for the people from all walks of life, the average Joes who show up at all our games, in rain, sun, wind, snow, sleet, everything. And all they do is root their asses off for us. The city’s the butt of jokes, everybody makes fun of us. But these people, they just keep coming and supporting us, week after week. They’re amazing. The city’s amazing. I am just so excited for them, for everyone in the city. I’m telling you, this win’s for them.

...But there they were, about 300 fans, at 12:45 this morning, singing and whooping and screaming when the Bills came off the plane onto the snowy tarmac. A fence separated them, but players went to the fence, took selfies and danced in front of the fence in glee. At his car, Williams took pictures and hugged a score of fans. An AP reporter found Williams, who said, “These are the toughest damn people in the world, and I’m so thankful to represent them.”

They take after their team.

• Like (+1) 2

Good stuff... I like this one from Kyle (via Richie)-

“Can I tell you one story Kyle tells? I won’t be that good at it, but here’s the short version. Two brothers, out pounding a big rock with a big hammer, trying to break it up. One brother pounds it, pounds it, day after day after day. He gives up. Then one day his brother goes out. The first swing he hits the rock and it breaks. You just keep pounding. You never know when it’ll be the hit that breaks the rock.”

The rock wall has crumbled...

Edited by One Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I got tears. Kyle has so much heart and determination . Kyle is a great man. I am glad King wrote this piece. 

Kudos to any of you who were standing out there when the plane arrived earlier this morning! 

I'm so incredibly happy for Kyle Williams and all he's been through. Too bad Fred and Aaron couldn't have hung on for a couple more years....

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm so incredibly happy for Kyle Williams and all he's been through. Too bad Fred and Aaron couldn't have hung on for a couple more years....

I am sure Kyle has been in touch with all the guys he shared time with over the past 11 seasons that wanted it just as much as he does. Freddie definitely was another great leader who gave his heart and soul to try an get the team over the hump and back into the playoffs.