TD reversal: was Landry really OOB?

Was it more of Al Riverton voodoo? I didn't recall seeing Landry go out of bounds. His tackler was out of bounds, though. But since when is touching someone while standing out of bounds count as a tackle?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, vincec said:

It was more late game non-sense by the refs.

If the ruling is correct it needs to be changed.

Think about it for a minute.

Any player fumbling a ball along the sidelines does not need to recover it.

Just step or put you foot out and touch/swat the ball.

1 minute ago, ThunderingHerd said:

The refs called it a fumble.  It was that guy in NY again.

Yup. Taking points off the board again on plays that should have stuck with the calls on the field.

They are only supposed to overturn if there is clear evidence. There was not clear evidence in either case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't understand it.  It looked to me like a fumble since the ball was coming out just before his hand or knee landed.  Only explanation could be that he was on top of the defender who was out of bounds.  Again a ****ty interpretation of rules by an official in NYC undermines a great call on the field IMO

The NFL rules are crap. In every other sport, the refs step back at crunch time to let the players decide the game. But not in the NFL. There they review every TD, every turnover and every play inside on 2 minutes. Basically, making the refs central figures in virtually every critical play of the game. It’s crazy.

11 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Same. And if you have to replay it 10 times, it’s not conclusive. 

There better be a major push to get rid of those joker by the league. 

Two weeks in a row with this inconclusive bologna.  Changes need to be made to the replay rules.

45 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Was it more of Al Riverton voodoo? I didn't recall seeing Landry go out of bounds. His tackler was out of bounds, though. But since when is touching someone while standing out of bounds count as a tackle?

No, he wasn't out of bounds. It was a fumble and touchdown that they took away from the Bills. They tried their best to f us again but it didn't work this time.

If a defender is out of bounds and contacts an offensive player he is also considered out of bounds and down. Does anyone have vid of this play. TV never showed much.

Bills lost a fumble when that happened in Buffalo vs Giants I believe. Rex never challenged and if he would have Bills would have retained possession of ball. Cost them.

If this is the case defenders need to get one foot out whenever on sideline.

Edited by cba fan