TD reversal: was Landry really OOB?

Landry went out of bounds.  The question is was he still touching the ball when he did, not did he have control of the ball when he went out (he did not).  I did not see a video after the overrule.  I would like to before I make a judgment, even though Riveron has no credibility for me.

He was out of bounds. Part of his back was over the line while he was still touching the ball. Play is over at that point.

8 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Landry went out of bounds.  The question is was he still touching the ball when he did, not did he have control of the ball when he went out (he did not).  I did not see a video after the overrule.  I would like to before I make a judgment, even though Riveron has no credibility for me.

While I have no use for the NFL head office, I think they got this one right. He was clearly touching the ball while part of his body was out of bounds.

Edited by Koko78

17 hours ago, cba fan said:

If a defender is out of bounds and contacts an offensive player he is also considered out of bounds and down. Does anyone have vid of this play. TV never showed much.

Bills lost a fumble when that happened in Buffalo vs Giants I believe. Rex never challenged and if he would have Bills would have retained possession of ball. Cost them.

If this is the case defenders need to get one foot out whenever on sideline.

I found this. can't find anything current. This is a post from 2015. I stand CORRECTED. Sorry.

https://sports.stackexchange.com/questions/12093/player-out-of-bounds-during-fumble

ARTICLE 1. PLAYER OR OFFICIAL OUT OF BOUNDS. A player or an Official is Out of Bounds when he touches a boundary line, or when he touches anything that is on or outside a boundary line, except a player, an official, or a pylon.

Apparently player is not out of bounds but ball would be if ball was touched.