What happens to Tyrod now?!!

stapha4

Increased trade value if nothing else.  Genuine, mutual respect upon parting ways hopefully.  Best Bills QB in nearly two decades, would be great if he'd accept a potentially reduced role but it won't happen, somebody will want him.  Imagine Tyrod in a Case Keenum role with the Vikings this year...sheesh.  Interest went up today and will skyrocket if he wins a playoff game.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

McBeane isn't signing an expensive free agent to serve as a bridge QB. And certainly not to soothe Tyrod haters.

Depends on who  we draft at QB and in what round we draft a QB.

Also, suggesting anyone has a bead on what McBeane are thinking is silly as is the idea they are doing it because of fan hatred.

Starting Peterman during the season hints at the esteem TT is held in by them.

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Again, why bother doing that?

They’re better. 

20 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

And if Tyrod throws a touchdown along with 250 yards against JAX, what do you do? 

If Tyrod does that what I would do is trade or release him (nobody will trade for him IMO), sign a veteran, and draft a kid. I’d get to know the name “Mason Rudolph” if I were you. 

45 minutes ago, stapha4 said:

This is gonna be an interesting offseason on what to do w. Tyrod.. 

Say what you will about him but he is the 1st QB to take us to the playoffs w. a 9-7 record which easily could've been 10-6 if he had started every game.

Our draft pick will not be high enough to bring in a top QB.. even trading up will be difficult with our pick and KC's pick both being low 1st rounders.

I feel like with all the picks we have, you need to build around him now and see where he can go with a better line/WR/ and improved Defense!! 

I hope our idiotic front office doesn't mess up again!!

That front office is gone.

The process has taken over.

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

They’re better. 

If Tyrod does that what I would do is trade or release him (nobody will trade for him IMO), sign a veteran, and draft a kid. I’d get to know the name “Mason Rudolph” if I were you. 

I've been on the Mason Rudolph bandwagon longer than most people here, but ideally we sit him on the bench for as long as possible, we'll still need a veteran QB in the meantime so why cut Taylor just to make a lateral move? Cut Taylor, take a cap hit and then even add more to the cap by signing another vet? Makes no sense from a financial or football standpoint.

19 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I've been on the Mason Rudolph bandwagon longer than most people here, but ideally we sit him on the bench for as long as possible, we'll still need a veteran QB in the meantime so why cut Taylor just to make a lateral move? Cut Taylor, take a cap hit and then even add more to the cap by signing another vet? Makes no sense from a financial or football standpoint.

Feel free to add me to that Rudolph bandwagon.

By making the playoffs i keep Taylor and trade up for Allen.  Dont have to rush him on the feild and can take time to develop him.  If he is the next it QB Taylors stock will never be higher after a season he took us to the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Just my opinion..I say if we beat jville,he will be be our number one on the qb chart again next year.

Yes.  Winning a road playoff game makes him the guy.  

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

We move on. Bring in a veteran like McCown or Alex Smith and draft a kid. The plans the same. (and older, less talented stopgap player). What the hell sense does any of this make? How about getting the best available talent at the positions we draft. When the opportunity to upgrade any position, including QB comes up, we do that. Right now, Tyrod is a classy, team oriented player, with TALENT. He is a winner. Give this man a break. He just did something miraculous with a team people thought was tanking. Go Bills, Go Tyrod!!!

Keep looking to upgrade.... What would we do if the Bengals lost? Taylor’s got another game to prove something here but his struggles can’t be overlooked just because we squeezed into the playoffs. It’s not how you improve upon this season.  Maybe he gets the start of next year, but we need another guy pushing for that spot.

Edited by BananaB

3 hours ago, McBean said:

Today’s win changes nothing for Taylor. He’s gone after this season and I wish him luck.

He’s a class act but he’s not the reason we are in the playoffs.

This

He's a good guy but we still need to move on from him.

I still want to upgrade, but it wouldn't bother me if he were to come back as a bridge QB next season. I wouldn't have said this 4 weeks ago, but unless we sign Cousins, Bradford, or Keenum, I'd like to have him back.

Even if we draft a top prospect it's good to have a quality veteran, and Hotrod is that.