What happens to Tyrod now?!!

stapha4

Nothing should change. He is the worst passer in the NFL. We need someone who can throw the ball and function from the pocket.

But yeah, if we need to keep him another year as a bridge QB, he's the perfect QB for that. As long as McDermott and Beane show they are addressing the position by drafting someone high or bringing in Cousins.

7 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I still want to upgrade, but it wouldn't bother me if he were to come back as a bridge QB next season. I wouldn't have said this 4 weeks ago, but unless we sign Cousins, Bradford, or Keenum, I'd like to have him back.

Even if we draft a top prospect it's good to have a quality veteran, and Hotrod is that.

Yes, Tyrod is that.  And only Bradford would asuage my desire for a pock QB, !@#$ Cousins.  And Tyrod or Bradford are my QB's until Baker is Buffalo's golden-boy in a year or two.  And then also pay for one of those two to stay on as back-up.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Get his ass out of here!!!!!!!

While I would prefer to move on from Tyrod, I gotta give the guy props. Can't ignore that he contributed a lot for our first playoff appearance in what seems like a century. Yeah, he still has WR trust issues and takes way too many sacks, but you gotta admit, Peteman wouldn't have gotten us anywhere near playoffs

7 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Tyrod could win a Super Bowl on a team like Denver's.

WHAT? A broken down Peyton Manning is still 2x the QB Tyrod is.

It was painful watching his final year being a shell of his former self. But Manning could still read a defense, make adjustments at the LOS and throw receivers open with anticipation.

3 things a perfectly healthy Taylor can not do to save his life. I like the guy and will always remember him being the QB on the team that broke the drought but he's not the answer moving forward if the goal is to win a title.

Edited by billsbackto81

7 hours ago, stapha4 said:

This is gonna be an interesting offseason on what to do w. Tyrod.. 

Say what you will about him but he is the 1st QB to take us to the playoffs w. a 9-7 record which easily could've been 10-6 if he had started every game.

Our draft pick will not be high enough to bring in a top QB.. even trading up will be difficult with our pick and KC's pick both being low 1st rounders.

I feel like with all the picks we have, you need to build around him now and see where he can go with a better line/WR/ and improved Defense!! 

I hope our idiotic front office doesn't mess up again!!

There is good Tyrod....when the scoreboard is in the Bills favor.

Then there is bad Tyrod...when the Bills are trailing.

As far as I am concerned he is a quality back up QB....not a starter......he can't lead you back in the 3rd or 4th quarter unless he is down less than a FG.

At 16m he is overpriced for a BU QB.

With any luck some other team will fall in love with him and the Bills can pick up another draft pick or two.

If he somehow pulls off a miracle and wins the SB then I guess he stays.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Depends on who  we draft at QB and in what round we draft a QB.

Also, suggesting anyone has a bead on what McBeane are thinking is silly as is the idea they are doing it because of fan hatred.

Starting Peterman during the season hints at the esteem TT is held in by them.

If the Bills are going to sign an expensive FA QB it would be before the draft. If they sign any other vet QB it will likely be before the draft.  If they don't the decent FAs will already be gone.

Edited by Scott7975