Props to McDermott haters!

42 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Oh did it fail? I barely noticed.. it was a dumb risk. Proof is in the pudding. God what a dumb argument.

I remember when that one team benched their 5-3 quarterback for a 5th round draft pick and won that risk. oh wait that was the Bills.

What people fail to notice is that Tyrod has played better WRT passing the ball faster (when he isn’t in a shell). 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

McDermott is an enigma to me. He clearly has a lot going for him. We didn't have a great roster and yet we finished 9-7 and sneaked into the playoffs. But the people I know that know a lot of football agree that he makes horrible in game decisions. Repeatedly. I think so, too. The Peterman decision was awful. The choices of punts or field goals has been awful. The basic philosophies on both offense and defense have been extremely questionable. 

I love the guy for the Kyle Williams play I will never forget. But he seems to make a lot of good preparation decisions and a lot of bad in game decisions. A lot. 

Yours will be served Cajun blackened 

My opinion on McDermott was reserved all season long, mainly because of the previous 17 years, all the fast starts, disappointments and letdowns. Even today, I kept thinking about the 2004 season when the Bills needed to beat the Steelers and lost to their backups.

While McDermott is not perfect, he has done something no other Bills coach has done in over 17 years and that’s make the playoffs. It’s a huge morale booster! I’m trusting the process and drinking the kool aid. Go Bills!

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

McDermott is an enigma to me. He clearly has a lot going for him. We didn't have a great roster and yet we finished 9-7 and sneaked into the playoffs. But the people I know that know a lot of football agree that he makes horrible in game decisions. Repeatedly. I think so, too. The Peterman decision was awful. The choices of punts or field goals has been awful. The basic philosophies on both offense and defense have been extremely questionable. 

I love the guy for the Kyle Williams play I will never forget. But he seems to make a lot of good preparation decisions and a lot of bad in game decisions. A lot. 

I don't agree that he makes a lot of bad in-game decisions.  He has made some..... but fewer than his predecessors. 

Edited by GunnerBill

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't agree that he makes a lot of bad in-game decisions.  He has made some..... but fewer than his predecessors. 

Well, if we’re talking Rex, the bar is pretty low. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The last several big decisions on punting versus going for FG or going for TD versus kicking a FG have been awful. And I like him. It's not someone looking for things to complain about. I watch games with a guy who knows 10x more football than me and we can't believe the decisions he makes. Not to mention not insisting on strategies his OC or DC are making. We should have won this game by 14 points. 

24 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

it really doesn't matter. It was a bad choice. and for the record I thought it was a bad choice. I really don't care what you thought I thought about it.

21 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

And every other quarterback was bad "they" were willing to start Tyrod. FOR 14 GAMES lol. That shows how bad every other quarter back on the roster is. Think about the abslute dumb logic you are spewing.

19 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I told you so McDermott shouldn't have handicapped himself with a loss. 

I am so sick of your one topic posts which, you incessantly barrage us with. Peterman through five picks , yes he did bu,t it isn't or wasn't the end of him and McD. They survived and Peterman was incidental in another win and McD got us in the playoffs.Period.End of your story, I hope

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

The last several big decisions on punting versus going for FG or going for TD versus kicking a FG have been awful.

Some have, not all.  I thought the decision to punt at the end of the 1st today was absolutely the right one. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The last several big decisions on punting versus going for FG or going for TD versus kicking a FG have been awful. And I like him. It's not someone looking for things to complain about. I watch games with a guy who knows 10x more football than me and we can't believe the decisions he makes. Not to mention not insisting on strategies his OC or DC are making. We should have won this game by 14 points. 

There's disagreeing with a conservative approach, versus disagreeing with the wrong approach.

McD has a lot of the former.  Less of the latter.

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

There's disagreeing with a conservative approach, versus disagreeing with the wrong approach.

McD has a lot of the former.  Less of the latter.

When they have been 10 points up at any stage in a game this season they are 6-0.  So people can B word about the conservative approach.... the fact is it is part of why the drought is over. 

7 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I am so sick of your one topic posts which, you incessantly barrage us with. Peterman through five picks , yes he did bu,t it isn't or wasn't the end of him and McD. They survived and Peterman was incidental in another win and McD got us in the playoffs.Period.End of your story, I hope

cheers

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

When they have been 10 points up at any stage in a game this season they are 6-0.  So people can B word about the conservative approach.... the fact is it is part of why the drought is over. 

I'm not against a conservative approach. At all. If anything I lean toward kicking the FG and points versus going for it. But McD is erratic. He isn't either conservative or aggressive. To me he's made the wrong decision like 4 of the last 5 times. One or more of them have worked but that doesn't mean it was right. And again I like McDermott overall. 

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The delay of game on the punt was pure genius...Did you see how they got an extra 20+seconds off the clock by surrendering the 5 yards?

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Some have, not all.  I thought the decision to punt at the end of the 1st today was absolutely the right one. 

If the clock was still running, they could have bled it to single digits before kicking.  Since the clock was stopped, there was too much time for the Dolphins to get a FG attempt if Hauschka missed.  

I would have loved the points, but I understood why they didn't try it.